Huizenga gives Saban until 10am tomorrow

TitanTiger

Sorry, no link. I was listening online to the sports station in Miami and Huizenga did a short statement to the press that was carried live. I'm guessing that's 9am CST.

Sorry, no link. I was listening online to the sports station in Miami and Huizenga did a short statement to the press that was carried live. I'm guessing that's 9am CST.

Try This Link....

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16367857.htm

Beat me to it... Here's one from Fox Sports.

Huzienga optimistic Saban will return

The Nick Saban-Alabama saga is doing exactly what all sides were hoping to prevent — it's dragging out.

Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga wanted Saban's decision by Tuesday afternoon, but instead now says he'll have an answer from Saban by 10 a.m. Wednesday and is optimistic the coach will return. That sentiment, however, conflicts with many other sources' expectations, as told to FOXSports.com on Tuesday.

Those sources contend that Saban informed his staff late this afternoon that he was completely torn in his decision and hasn't yet made up his mind. However, the sources also say that Saban asked some assistants if they would be interested in joining him if he leaves for the college ranks again.

Dolphins assistants phoned coaching friends around the league Tuesday, admitting they are being kept in the dark as to a final decision

With his entire staff awaiting word regarding the coach's decision, Saban did not show up to the team's facility until midday. At about 3 p.m. EST, Saban and Huizenga met to hash out the coach's future with the team.

The last 24 hours has seen a whirlwind of inactivity, but a wealth of rumors regarding the two spots. Yesterday, Huzienga met with Saban on a few different occasions during the two hours the owner was at the team complex and basically three things could be taken from those meetings: 1.) The owner wants him to return as Dolphins coach; 2.) Huizenga wanted to get this entire ordeal settled either way by Tuesday afternoon; 3) Huizenga would absolutely not get leveraged in the deal if this was Saban's way of trying to squeeze the Fins for a bump in pay.

The Dolphins wanted to expedite his decision so as not to leave the rest of the organization, especially Saban's coaching staff, in the lurch. But it now seems like the team will have to wait another night.

Last night after meeting with the Dolphins owner Saban met in South Florida with Alabama AD Mal Moore.

The entire murky affair began weeks ago when reports first surfaced that the Dolphins head coach would be Alabama's top target to replace Mike Shula. Saban denied he would be leaving South Florida, but the rumor persisted.

For the last month or so weekly stories insisted that Alabama was targeting Saban, but the coach emphatically stated he would not be leaving Miami. Alabama, however, was clearly waiting to make a run at the former LSU coach and reports in Alabama stated the university was willing to comply with every demand Saban threw at them from financial terms to the size of his staff to his assistants' salaries.

In the meantime, people close to Texans assistant coach Mike Sherman told FOXSports.com that Sherman met with Alabama officials last week. However, everyone else contacted about the job knew they had to wait for the Crimson Tide to make their run at Saban.

I was talking to an Alabama fan that said in his opinion, PBJ and Mal are stepping down and Saban will be HC and AD. He thinks that's why Saban's decision will be to come to Alabama. The pot will be sweetened and the main meddlers will be gone.

Now, you can all laugh if you want to. I sure did.

Listening to Southern Sports Tonight and Scott Mckinney is reporting that Scooter Moore(or less)is reporting that he has gotten his info from MM and Saban is on the way. This is better than any comedy show I've seen or heard. You can't make this stuff up.Seriously I don't care 1 way or the other who bamas coach is.But it has been 1 heck of a show. WDE!!!

I think this gives the Dolphins a much better chance.

I think if he was def leaving he would have gone today

I agree with Slink on this one. My guy says Saban to Bama, but suddenly the extension to 10AM EST makes no sense. If he was leaving, he would have gone already. Did Saban just balk?

I dont see it favoring either side, but I do see it extending an already ugly process. $aban has disrespected the Dolphins by entertaining uat, and uat has disrespected the Dolphins by continuously distracting and disrupting the work of their employees.

Archived