Let me ask you this

BamaGrad03

Lets say you are really good at what you do. Lets say you make $100,000 per year.

Now I give you a call and offer you a job for $85,000 per year, but gurantee you 8 years. Right now you are on contract with your job for 3 years.

If you take the $85,000 job...HOW IN THE WORLD does that mean you are just chasing dollar signs?

You are making less money. Comparing a 40M contract vs the remaining 3 years of $aban's contract with the dolphins is asinine. Because HE would be taking less money to come to bama. Unless its in his contract at miami that he cant ever work another day in his life after the next 3 years are up.

Okay, I'll play. What happens if I talk to the $85,000 company and let my current boss know I am interested just to get an extra 2-3 years on my $100,000 contract plus a key to the executive washroom?

Lets say you are really good at what you do. Lets say you make $100,000 per year.

Now I give you a call and offer you a job for $85,000 per year, but gurantee you 8 years. Right now you are on contract with your job for 3 years.

If you take the $85,000 job...HOW IN THE WORLD does that mean you are just chasing dollar signs?

You are making less money. Comparing a 40M contract vs the remaining 3 years of $aban's contract with the dolphins is asinine. Because HE would be taking less money to come to bama. Unless its in his contract at miami that he cant ever work another day in his life after the next 3 years are up.

Look at it this way: He was given everything he demanded at Miami. He gives them two subpar seasons and then jumps ship at the first sign of adversity....for a paycheck that is out of whack with current salaries.

Comparing the NFL to NCAA salaries is apples to oranges. If Nick takes the job the size of the check (the largest in the NCAA) will surely play a part: his ego will be stroked by being the highest paid man in the land.

I see your point, BG, but I don't think the numbers you use work for this scenario. I could not retire from either job when my current contract was over. If I took the current three year contract, I'd have to keep working when it was over. Even if I took the new contract, and only worked three years, I'd still have to keep working.

If I were making 100k a year, and a job opened up at a place that would pay me 85k a year, and I thought the benefits were better, I liked the work situation better, etc, I'd think about it.

Big difference when you're talking 100k to 85k vs 4.5mil to 4 mil.

I see this proposal as a step backwards. Professionally speaking of course.

You have to taken into account the difference in living in Tuscalooser and Miami. If you were making $100 g in Miami and go for $85 g in Tuscaloosa it is like getting a raise.

According to this website you can take a 23% decrease in salary and maintain the same standard of living.

Why are you trying to justify this on an Auburn board?

:roflol:

We don't care who you hire.

We still like our odds with CTT.

WAR EAGLE!

Why are you trying to justify this on an Auburn board?

:roflol:

We don't care who you hire.

We still like our odds with CTT.

WAR EAGLE!

B-I-N-G-O!!!!

Archived