Sugar Bowl Whipping last night/ rant

Oysterman

It proved once again that ND is the MOST overrated team in America the history of college football, and had no business being in a BCS Bowl.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

Only punks, Bammers & LSUers whine after WINNING 41-14.

I love ND, but before this game I said on this board they hadn't earned the media hype they've been getting this year. As far as making fun of the bowl/top 10 opponent losing streak, what team hasn't had a losing streak? You're blaming ND for the positive media attention they get while they suck? What should they say, "please don't talk so well of us while we suck"? Get real.

NDs schedule this year was not a typically difficult ND schedule, but laughing @ NDs 2006 very average schedule is like marvelling @ an intelligent Al Gore comment...don't hold your breath for the next one, they're few and far between. Doubt it? Do your own college football research.

ND is the Bammer of the North for obnoxious fans, but some of us like ND because it's just so old-school and for it's Michigan-like Athletic AND academic success in MANY sports, w/ a track record of graduating mostly phenominal individuals.

NDs schedule this year was not a typically difficult ND schedule, but laughing @ NDs 2006 very average schedule is like marvelling @ an intelligent Al Gore comment...don't hold your breath for the next one, they're few and far between.

Yeah, because global warming doesn't exist, right?

I hope Brady doesn't start as a rookie or he will look awful trying to adjust to the speed of the NFL. He had a tough enough time with Michigan's defense and LSU defense just shut him down.

I think it proves one thing, #9 BCS (left out of BCS game because of politics), is a much better team than

ND. There is a big ND fan at my work, I couldn't help myself...first chance I said, "What happened? Did ya run into the SEC?"

While I am in the crowd of ND haters, I think Brady Quinn is a good QB and could do well in the NFL.

I am impressed at times with Quinn's deep ball but overall, I have never thought he was that great of a QB nor ever thought he was going to be very successful in the NFL.

The reason his completion % is so much higher under Weis is because ND throws tons of drop-down passes to the RB and short completion plays.

I dunno, I am probably wrong though....he is going to be the next Joe Montana now that I said this

"Yeah, because global warming doesn't exist, right?"

...or because the CAUSE of global warming (human-related pollution vs. periodic natural phenomenon vs. a combination thereof...see e.g. the various Ice Ages & their subsequent melting) is VERY debatable & has no slam dunk conclusion yet, contrary to what some (Al) would have us believe is "truth". Honestly considering ALL legitimate science,not just what supports one's (Al's) agenda can be an "inconvenient" excercise.

Hey channoc.....have you ever heard any rumblings abot the Joe Scarborough thing while he was a congressman from Florida. I'm referring to the deal where he was supposedly having an affair with a 20-something year old staffer and then she was found dead at her desk one morning. Then apparently little or no investigation was done.

I heard about that...really love the way someone covered that one up. :(

:au::homer:

This is the heaviest fine for on-air cocksmanship since ESPN was slapped with a $45,000 penalty for its saliva drenched coverage of the 2005 USC Trojans.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Only punks, Bammers & LSUers whine after WINNING 41-14.

I love ND, but before this game I said on this board they hadn't earned the media hype they've been getting this year. As far as making fun of the bowl/top 10 opponent losing streak, what team hasn't had a losing streak? You're blaming ND for the positive media attention they get while they suck? What should they say, "please don't talk so well of us while we suck"? Get real.

NDs schedule this year was not a typically difficult ND schedule, but laughing @ NDs 2006 very average schedule is like marvelling @ an intelligent Al Gore comment...don't hold your breath for the next one, they're few and far between. Doubt it? Do your own college football research.

ND is the Bammer of the North for obnoxious fans, but some of us like ND because it's just so old-school and for it's Michigan-like Athletic AND academic success in MANY sports, w/ a track record of graduating mostly phenominal individuals.

But it's almost ANY year...and EVERY year! Gosh, I hate them..."I have flames...flames of fire coming out of my head...."

:au::homer:

I enjoyed it. Finally, at least 2 announcers that know the game. Not just college but have played at the highest of the highest level. I also did not know that Bradshaw would have been at LSU if he were a little smarter????? I thought they called it like they saw it and kept everyone interested. I'm not sure there was ever a break. They each always had a story to tell and were bustin each others chops. Sounded like two regular guys sitting around talking football except these guys aren't really regular in that sense. And none of them had breasts. That thing that does games on TV sometimes just makes my skin crawl. I found it very entertaining. That is probably the first game I have seen JM pay where he looked ready to go pro. His arm is so strong. He really does not throw the bal rather than "flip" it. Two 58 yard passes mostly in the air. Wow.

You see...I didn't like it...and I LOVE those 2 during the Fox Pregame Show...Terry/Howie are my favorite two

I guess I hadnt realized before them that college and pro game-annoucers are a little different.

It just never clicked with me listening to them during the game.

Archived