SabanHype

DyeEraTiger

I only hope that all of the $aban hype doesn't disrupt our current class or sway any of our medium interest guys. We need to get the word out that Tubby knows how to beat $aban. Were we not 3-2 against him when he was at LSU? I think that's right anyway. So 4 mil $ a year for what I think will be less than a .500 avg vs. AU over the next 6 years. Congrat's to the Tide on the new hire! I like Tubberville a lot but I think the $4 mil mark is too high for any coach in the country.

You will sure see some defections although I'm not sure they will be from us. His coming probably insures that Marve (QB from Fla) will honor h is commit to the Bammers although he had been "waffling". This also increases their chances at getting Murphy, McNeil, Gibson, Corley and others. since some have been holding on to see who the coach was going to be...... some are just naturally Bammers anyway and they will always come. I would expect them t o honor thier ccurrent commit list but who knows? Historically, recruiting in-state has had a 70-30 lean although Dye changed that somewhat. At the very best, we can expect a 40-60 spllt with the Bummers. That's just fact considering they feel they are the State University. Tradition has little to do with recruits and their tradition recently has not been good. The prospects are more interested in playing time and pro connections. JMO

Look, I wouldn't worry so much about that right now.

Do you not think that EVERY coach in the SEC is telling the kids to "watch out" for bama because of the things that have been said the recent history of how coaches don't last long there.

You give $aban a few years to show he's going to be around and that the team is doing well and then you will see more of those top recruits going there.

Even though they will have the best recruiting class in bama history this year. :rolleyes:

From what I understand, $aban also lied about his interest in the LSU while he was at Michigan State, and he lied about his interest in the Dolphins job while he was at LSU. Tubervilles "pine box" statement was a one time comment. $aban has been a liar his entire coaching career.

I hate to say it but $aban's staff scares the hell out of me

Steele is arguably the best recruiter in Florida

Kirby Smart was our 3rd best recruiter at UGA with some strong ties

And someone else whom I cant remember off the top of my head is heading to Bama with very strong ties to GA (people talked about how good he was today on the GA board)

From what I understand, $aban also lied about his interest in the LSU while he was at Michigan State, and he lied about his interest in the Dolphins job while he was at LSU. Tubervilles "pine box" statement was a one time comment. $aban has been a liar his entire coaching career.

I hate to say it but $aban's staff scares the hell out of me

Steele is arguably the best recruiter in Florida

Kirby Smart was our 3rd best recruiter at UGA with some strong ties

And someone else whom I cant remember off the top of my head is heading to Bama with very strong ties to GA (people talked about how good he was today on the GA board)

Slink, you know I'm partly kidding when I say, "grow a freaking pair"! He's our freaking in state rival and most people I know aren't concerned at all. Why? Because, like UGA we have a very solid program. We didn't fear him at lsu and we won't fear him at the turd nation.

Slink, you know I'm partly kidding when I say, "grow a freaking pair"! He's our freaking in state rival and most people I know aren't concerned at all. Why? Because, like UGA we have a very solid program. We didn't fear him at lsu and we won't fear him at the turd nation.

I am just saying...I was hoping $aban would hire LA tied coaches but he seems to want to raid GA quite hard and that is not cool with me. :(

"Steele is arguably the best recruiter in Florida"

Living in Tallahassee, I can tell you the local impression of this guy's recruiting is anything BUT best in FL (see FSU's recent, er, success). On top of that, even Criminole alumni seem concerned that he does NOT shy away from players that have zero, zip character and/or have tangles repeatedly w/ the law.

Living in Tallahassee, I can tell you the local impression of this guy's recruiting is anything BUT best in FL (see FSU's recent, er, success). On top of that, even Criminole alumni seem concerned that he does NOT shy away from players that have zero, zip character and/or have tangles repeatedly w/ the law.

Now that's what I like to here! Reminiscent of a stumpy little AU coach who would go for a 4.3 regardless of the rap sheet, isn't it?

He should get along very well with the RE's then...

Maybe the barrel of that gun is closer than we think.

I thought the same thing. I live pretty near Tallahassee, and I don't think I would touch anything that FSU was after. This guy probably lives by the "Bowden Creed" -"as long as you can bail 'em out by game time, I don't see a problem".

On second thought, he will fit in just fine at Bama. Heck, they should make him recruiting coordinator.

Do you not think that EVERY coach in the SEC is telling the kids to "watch out" for bama because of the things that have been said the recent history of how coaches don't last long there.

You give $aban a few years to show he's going to be around and that the team is doing well and then you will see more of those top recruits going there.

Even though they will have the best recruiting class in bama history this year. :rolleyes:

If you were a recruit, and you heard the same warnings about Bama/$aban from lots of other teams, wouldn't you start to listen?

If you were a recruit, and you heard the same warnings about Bama/$aban from lots of other teams, wouldn't you start to listen?

I would imagine that recruits hear all kinds of things from many recruiters. It would probably take some time, but after you hear the same things from many different people, it would set in finally.

Now that's what I like to here! Reminiscent of a stumpy little AU coach who would go for a 4.3 regardless of the rap sheet, isn't it?

Perfect fit for Bamar...no character players...thug U west...love it!

:au::homer:

Reminiscent of a stumpy little AU coach who would go for a 4.3 regardless of the rap sheet, isn't it?

Or height/weight! ;)

Reminiscent of a stumpy little AU coach who would go for a 4.3 regardless of the rap sheet, isn't it?

Or height/weight! ;)

Yall keep dissing on the lizard, and that ain't cool. :poke:

roosevelt byrd and julio jones were swaying towards :ua: unless something major happened somewhere else, and they say now that CNS is there come hell or high water they're going to :ua: next year. i'm not saying every recruit is going to bow down at his feet, not at all. i'm just saying, his name does carry some weight.

roosevelt byrd and julio jones were swaying towards :ua: unless something major happened somewhere else, and they say now that CNS is there come hell or high water they're going to :ua: next year. i'm not saying every recruit is going to bow down at his feet, not at all. i'm just saying, his name does carry some weight.

Who are Roosevelt Byrd and Julio Jones?

Roosevelt Byrd is a marginal talent so losing him wouldn't be anything huge, Julio Jones on the other hand will be a 5-star and one of the Top 2-3 WRs in the country next year. He's a Bama lean but I wouldn't put him on Andre Smith level yet (in terms of absolute locks).

Slink, are you thinking of Lance Thompson? Hes one of the saban hires and is supposed to be a spot on recruiter.

Also, for those who say Steele isnt a great recruiter, he won Rivals national recruiter of the year twice. The guy can flat out get it done.

I read an interview with Julio the other day. He said he grew up following the NFL and just recently started watching the college game...Therefore, he isnt a lock for any college team as his heart isnt tied to one school.

I think his recruitment will be wide open next year.

I think Alabama needs to win 9 plus games next season for Saban to make a better impact. He will have a great chance to do some things. But he has to put Ws on the board. LSU will be down a little, Arkansas will be good again, Auburn will have to prove a few things, Tennessee will be pretty good, and FSU will be better, but how much remains to be scene.

I think Bama will win more than 7 games for sure.....but who knows if 9 or 10 is in order.

First of all, I wasn't aware that AU offered Byrd a scholarship. Considering we have on of the top QB's in the nation in the current recruiting class and two very capable one's waiting in the wing, I would find it odd that we would go for two in this recruiting class. As for the other above UAT info, thank you but if I want to see any information about Bama, I will seek it out from somewhere other than an Auburn web site.

It really amazes at how little etiquitte is used on web sites. I don't know if it's ignorance or rudeness but I suspect the former.

Aside from this, has anyone heard how our weekend is going in Auburn? I guess it's the most important recruiting weekend of the year. Of all of the kids there, can anyone say with certainty how many more scholarships we are willing to give this year?

I'm wondering about the Brewton kid, if he'll be offered.

Roosevelt Byrd is a marginal talent so losing him wouldn't be anything huge, Julio Jones on the other hand will be a 5-star and one of the Top 2-3 WRs in the country next year. He's a Bama lean but I wouldn't put him on Andre Smith level yet (in terms of absolute locks).

i would put him as a lock, seeing as how him and about 5 of his teammates told me so. :)

Slink, are you thinking of Lance Thompson? Hes one of the saban hires and is supposed to be a spot on recruiter.

Ya, that is him.

I have never heard of him but everyone on the UGA boards spoke highly of him.

Archived