FSU

Tigermike

Trickett Inks With FSU For $200,000/year

Tallahassee, Fla - Florida State Head Coach Bobby Bowden announced Thursday the hiring of Rick Trickett as Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line coach at Florida State. Trickett, who comes to FSU from West Virginia where he held the same title for the last six seasons, replaces Mark McHale whose contract as offensive line coach will not be renewed.

FSU is back

Jimbo, this guy, and Amato back as LB coach or whatever....?

Dayum....

That is a solid coaching staff, imo...and with their talent...they will be in a BCS bowl game soon

FSU is back

Dayum....

That is a solid coaching staff, imo...and with their talent...they will be in a BCS bowl game soon

Is Jimbo for sure going to FSU?

nothing offical, but it sounds like Jimbo is a go at FSU.

Trickett is a negative for their staff. He will hurt recruiting and the O-Line will get worse.

FSU is back

Dayum....

If Jimbo (who was screwed by $puat out of a HC job at UAB) goes to FSU, I cannot wait for the $puat vs. FSU game in Jacksonville next year!!

OOOH YEEAAH!!!

The Florida State offensive coaching staff continues to receive an overhaul while an announcement is still pending on who the new coordinator will be.

One day after former West Virginia offensive line coach Rick Trickett was announced as having accepted the same post in Tallahassee, FSU head coach Bobby Bowden revealed that former player Lawrence Dawsey would join the staff as well as wide receivers coach.

Dawsey's coaching career - like his playing career - has also been quite successful.

As mentioned by Bowden, Dawsey coached at LSU under then-head coach Nick $aban, who recently returned to the college ranks to take over at Alabama.

In addition to LSU, Dawsey has coached at Tampa area high schools and as a camp assistant with the NFL's St. Louis Rams. Dawsey helped guide USF to a 9-4 record this season.

“It’s hard to leave USF and the Tampa area, but it would also be hard not to come back home,” said Dawsey in the same release. “I am so excited to be coming back to Florida State and helping Coach Bowden in every way I can. I’m excited about the potential of FSU next year. I’ve not seen Florida State play in person, but I’ve either recruited or seen tape on a lot of the FSU players. I had a great experience playing for Coach Bowden and I can only say that it’s an answer to a lot of prayers for me to be able to come back to Florida State.”

He will make a base salary of $125,000

http://floridastate.scout.com/2/607103.html

If he was a go for FSU, why hasn't he signed? It doesn't take assistants very long. If that Gt/Miami thing is in fact true, then I see why. But Chan at the Dolphins? Seems weak to me, so I ain't buying it. He doesn't seem like he has proven anythng to be a HC in the NFL at all. I see him at UAT before FSU.

that game next year is in Jville? Why?

I believe they just did a 2-year deal there.

I love it...i love games at Jax against UF

ACCCG sucks but I can't imagine Alltell being a great place to play in December

If he was a go for FSU, why hasn't he signed? It doesn't take assistants very long. If that Gt/Miami thing is in fact true, then I see why. But Chan at the Dolphins? Seems weak to me, so I ain't buying it. He doesn't seem like he has proven anythng to be a HC in the NFL at all. I see him at UAT before FSU.

I prayed last night and will pray tonight that the Dolphins stay away from Gailey.

Him leaving would be terrible.... :)

I prayed last night and will pray tonight that the Dolphins stay away from Gailey.

Him leaving would be terrible.... :)

Now you know how we felt about Shula the week before Thanksgiving ;)

Archived