Harsin turns down $aban, will stay at BSU

DKW 86

http://www.ktvb.com/xtra/bsuf/stories/ktvb...in.f8cf664.html

Harsin turns down Alabama, will stay at BSU

04:25 PM MST on Friday, January 5, 2007

KTVB

Boise State offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin

BOISE - The Boise State Broncos' amazing Fiesta Bowl win has captured the hearts of fans everywhere and that includes Alabama's new coach Nick $aban.

He was so impressed with the Broncos’ performance that he personally called Boise State offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin Thursday night.

I talked to Harsin today and he said that $aban called him to ask if he was interested in being his offensive coordinator at Alabama.

After a 20 minute conversation, Harsin said thanks but no thanks, telling $aban he was flattered and appreciated the consideration but was not interested and preferred to stay at Boise State

Well we've gotten everyone else we've wanted so far.

So $aban is 5-1.

I know of the DC and the other defensive coach, who are the other 3?

So $aban is 5-1.

I know of the DC and the other defensive coach, who are the other 3?

Kirby Smart (reported by Bham news this morning) to coach secondary

Bobby Williams to coach RBs

Michigan State: Brad Lawing recruited Means for Michigan State. In January of 2000, he came to Memphis to make his pitch. Lawing wanted me to get into his car and ride around with him," Lang said. "That's when he started telling me - now this is when Nick $aban had left and Bobby Williams took over - that he had a new coach in town who was willing to pay money, and he was asking me how much it would take."

That quote came from an interview Lynn Lang gave to the Memphis Commercial Appeal. According to Lynn Lang, Bobby Williams is one of the coaches who tried to buy Albert Means services. Bobby Williams is a flat out cheater, and if he comes to come Bammer, you can expect the Bammers to go on probation again in the near future. Between Bobby Williams, who is a cheater, and Nick $aban, who is a liar, the Bammers are assembling one hell of a coaching staff.

So $aban is 5-1.

Wrong again dude. Tommy Moffett of LSU told $aban to stuff it.

KTVB

BOISE - The Boise State Broncos' amazing Fiesta Bowl win has captured the hearts of fans everywhere and that includes Alabama's new coach Nick $aban.

He was so impressed with the Broncos’ performance that he personally called Boise State offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin Thursday night.

I talked to Harsin today and he said that $aban called him to ask if he was interested in being his offensive coordinator at Alabama.

After a 20 minute conversation, Harsin said thanks but no thanks, telling $aban he was flattered and appreciated the consideration but was not interested and preferred to stay at Boise State

Dang my bama friends lied to me again. They told me that I-59 into T-Town was backed up for miles with Ass't coaches wanting to talk to $aban about a job.

Dang my bama friends lied to me again. They told me that I-59 into T-Town was backed up for miles with Ass't coaches wanting to talk to $aban about a job.

I doubt that all the assistants in college football would cause a traffic backup on I-59. Its 3 lanes across now leading into Tuscaloosa.

I've been to Boise many times. No question I'd rather live there than Tuscaloosa.

Not many places in Idaho I WOULDNT want to live before Auburn.

I've been to Boise many times. No question I'd rather live there than Tuscaloosa.

Nothing wrong with Opelika though, right? ;)

You know, it may be hard for $aban iand his staff to properly motivate the players because of $aban's track record of not staying put. For instance, when he is trying to preach to them on how to play through the pain or work through the adversity, how many of his players will be thinking in the back of their mind, "Yeah coach, just like you did at Miami :rolleyes: ". Who wants to play for a quitter? Who wants to play for a coach that bails when things are not looking good instead of trying to work through it and improve things? One of the things that Dolphins players will tell you that $aban always talked about was commitment. But we now know that was a bunch of bs with $aban.

Yeah, it would be a slightly different story if he had left miami as a winner. Then you could only play the extreme greed angle.

As it is he screwed up the miami situation and got scared and ran.

KTVB

So $aban was impressed with the Statue of Liberty and Hook and Ladder plays? That is great news, if this guy was his second choice I cannot wait to see who he is impressed with for his third.

Harsin has only been the OC one year. Prior to that it was Chris Petersen when Dan Hawkins was the HC. Petersen is the brains behind that offense, IMHO.

You've apparently never been to Auburn.

If I were independently wealthy and could live anywhere in the country the list would look like this:

1) Auburn, AL

2) Providence, RI

3) Taos, NM

4) Boise, ID

5) Olympia, WA

6) Burlington, VT

7) Montana or Wyoming -- anywhere

8) Phoenix, AZ

9) Savannah, GA

10) Colorado -- anywhere

There's nothing in the world like Auburn. Tuscaloosa, on the other hand, is a putrid ce**hole.

You've apparently never been to Auburn.

If I were independently wealthy and could live anywhere in the country the list would look like this:

1) Auburn, AL

2) Providence, RI

3) Taos, NM

4) Boise, ID

5) Olympia, WA

6) Burlington, VT

7) Montana or Wyoming -- anywhere

8) Phoenix, AZ

9) Savannah, GA

10) Colorado -- anywhere

There's nothing in the world like Auburn. Tuscaloosa, on the other hand, is a putrid ce**hole.

Turds make a stink. Crimson turds make a putrid ce**hole. :roflol:

Jimbo saying "Hell No/Frick Off" makes it 5-3

Archived