WOW, the delusion overflows

DKW 86

BG, I don't normally comment on your opinions as neither of our will change based on what you or I say but "real basketball atmosphere"? Come on. The only "real" basketball atmosphere in the SEC is in Kentucky. We had our 2 good years and those were fun, but people in the state of AL do not know anything about basketball atmosphere. Loud isn't the only thing that makes a basketball atmosphere. It takes coordination, originality (the thing the students are doing in the pic isn't original to uat, but there is no harm in taking a good cheer and making it your own.), and spirit. Spirit being defined as supporting your team, not hurling profanity at the opposing fans and players.

I recognize you may have been showing some sarcasm towards GG with your comment, and if it was total sarcasm, I retract my previous statement.

Id say averaging 11,000+ per game over the last 5-6 years is a pretty good atmosphere. The LSU game last week was awesome.

And UK isnt even ranked right now. They have fallen off the map over the last few years. I wonder what their games are like these days.

I had to log in just to reply to this one.

BG have you ever attended a basketball game in the state of Kentucky? To compare the "spirit" of UK basketball to Alabama basketball is the dumbest thing I have heard today.

And you know why they sold out against LSU, and it wasn't to see the team.

BG have you ever attended a basketball game in the state of Kentucky? To compare the "spirit" of UK basketball to Alabama basketball is the dumbest thing I have heard today.

There you go. Being the typical AU fan. I'll say it again, because it needs to be repeated. The LSU game was sold out BEFORE Saban finished his season with the Dolphins.

The LSU game sells out pretty much every year.

And I was merely making a point about UK being down right now. All things being equal, yes UK would kill us in terms of basketball output. But they also send about 800 people to a football game.

For a school that sells 92,000 tickets to every football game...I think having 11,000 at every basketball game is a pretty good deal. And having nearly 15,000 at every decent SEC game is pretty good too.

There you go. Being the typical AU fan.

Geez BG, what do you expect to find here but typical Auburn fans. You obviously love us or you wouldn't spend so much of you time here. :poke:

There you go. Being the typical AU fan. I'll say it again, because it needs to be repeated. The LSU game was sold out BEFORE Saban finished his season with the Dolphins.

And I was merely making a point about UK being down right now. All things being equal, yes UK would kill us in terms of basketball output. But they also send about 800 people to a football game.

For a school that sells 92,000 tickets to every football game...I think having 11,000 at every basketball game is a pretty good deal. And having nearly 15,000 at every decent SEC game is pretty good too.

I have to question your 'facts' here, I don't have to research it but I know I read that the LSU game sold out after it was announced Big Money would appear at halftime.

I have to question your 'facts' here, I don't have to research it but I know I read that the LSU game sold out after it was announced Big Money would appear at halftime.

Not per the University. And not per Ray Melick's column the next day. Besides...if the LSU game is always sold out, why would this one be just because of Saban?

Hell we had nearly 12,000 there for the Oklahoma game. And OU sucks this year. AND that was on New Years day.

Last year we had 12,584 for the LSU game and were 12-8 at the time. Not 14-2 and ranked in the top 15.

come on BG, 92,000 to every game?? Let's put this in perspective shall we... Everybody remember this was the FIRST year their stadium has sat that many...wouldn't that stand to reason that people would be excited about the new addition?? It won't last over time....but its good to dream i guess..

Also, it should be noted for humor's sake that 95% of the bammers avatars are a headshot of $aban.

Scrolling down and only looking at the avatars, you'd think you were looking at "The Many Faces Of Nick Saban."

Has anyone else noticed that the only pictures you see of him he is in that gray suit he wore from the plane, even at the LSU game he wore the gray suit jacket....hey Saban you cheap bastage you have $32 mil buy some freakin clothes.

If you think its bad now, wait until he is actually spotted wearing something with the :ua: on it. Of course he may be gone before he gets a chance to do that. Has he signed that contract yet?

Bammers may not be smart, but you have to hand it to them. They can photoshop with the best of them. That's the only way they can get a picture of slick nick wearing bammer clothes.

Can you blame him for not wanting to wear any of the tacky Alabama clothes? He is only their coach, after all.

The key words here are SELLS 92,000 tickets.....how many of those tickets are actually used?

And David, like you always do...you RUN to find the most damaging thing you can about Alabama (irony since your AU posts have really been few and far between by comparision)

Yet the SECOND post in your linked "instant success" thread says the following:

Bama fans need to remember what Saban said in his press conference. It is a "process".

Why dont you ever run to post the threads or comments that deal with tempered expectations?

What about two posts down?

"Yes, but change is required. It will not happen overnight. Relax and enjoy the ride..."

or the one after that?

"8 wins = success."

or a few down:

"Eight wins seems like a realistic possiblitly if all goes well. But whatever the win total, I think we will be fighting like crazy. I just don't see the depth on defense to allow us to generate double digit wins. (this year"

This is JUST like that post on the football forum about "what Bama fans say"

You guys do this ALL the freaking time.

Theres ONE retard who starts a thread and cant control himself. And there's 10 posts following him telling him to simmer down. Yet the ONE guy is the one, in your minds (im talking to you Galen), who is the guy who speaks for all alabama fans. Not the next 10 guys.

Thank you, again, for proving my point.

Two WORDS..."RIVAL BOARD!!!!" B)

:au::homer:

Kentucky is down right now in basketball but their gamedays and atmosphere are still tops in the SEC, imo.

BTW, who said UK was down that badly? They are 14-3...lost 3 games early but won 10 straight.

Now you are nitpicking.

Okay...we sellout virtually every home football game. How's that?

The argument still holds.

You got a lot of fans dressing as empty seats then. I have family members that go all the time and tell me so.

BG, I am not talking about pure numbers here. Congrats on the 11,00-+ in attendance. Atmosphere is the things I mentioned in my earlier post. The fact is I love basketball and we in the SEC have it second. No matter how many people are there, it's just nothing like the "real basketball atmospheres" of UK, Duke, UNC, UCLA, OU, UT and many others. Basketball crowds are an art and we (the SEC) are refrigerator paintings at the Louvre.

You got a lot of fans dressing as empty seats then. I have family members that go all the time and tell me so.

Thats interesting considering I was at every home game this year, and noted my surprise in regards to our attendance. Even though we had a terrible home schedule, games like Duke, La Monroe, and Vandy were packed out. Sure you could see maybe 100 or so seats empty in the upper deck, but thats it.

Archived