END OF WAR BY FRIDAY!!!!

Tigermike

The Pentagon announced TODAY the formation of a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF)

biggun.jpg

These CAROLINA boys will be dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the following facts about terrorists :

1. The season opened today. 2. There is no limit. 3. They taste just like chicken. 4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus. 5. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Friday.

WTH is that thing and is it real?

A 60 cal on steroids?

I think it may be a modified 60 caliber with a 75 caliber barrel that you would have seen on PT boats and the such. Or it may be a 75 only that has been modified.

Not to sure, because the stock looks like an old M-60 stock, but the barrel sure looks like a 75 cal barrel.

Way too small for a 60. It's most likely a modified .50 caliber M2 machine gun with flash supressor. The redneck in the picture probably extended the barrel and added the stock himself. I wouldn't be within 500 yards of that thing when he pulled the trigger.

Way too small for a 60. It's most likely a modified .50 caliber M2 machine gun with flash supressor. The redneck in the picture probably extended the barrel and added the stock himself. I wouldn't be within 500 yards of that thing when he pulled the trigger.

Ditto! Run for cover even if he threatens to pull the trigger. He has to mount that thing to something due to weight alone. The skids are just a joke. I doubt there would be much recoil with a barrel that long/weight counter acting it. That looks long even for a pt boat weapon.

Can you imagine the cost of just the ammo for that thing. I mean it is not like you just run to Wal-Mart and a thousand rounds of 50-60 cal stuff. That would basically destroy what ever it hit right?

Are 50-60 cal stuff solid or are they shells, meaning they themselves explode and frag?

Just going by the size of the gun, it closely resembles one of the hard mounted 50 cal's you see used on ships today to combat small boat threats. The rounds we used onboard Cole were solid and we had a tracer round loaded every 5th-8th slot.

Just going by the size of the gun, it closely resembles one of the hard mounted 50 cal's you see used on ships today to combat small boat threats. The rounds we used onboard Cole were solid and we had a tracer round loaded every 5th-8th slot.

Thanks for the info. I used to have a few shells from the, I guess, .40 cal cannons on a fighter. They were semi-delayed contact fused and had charges in them. That way they would penetrate and then frag. You could easily see just a few of them near anything vital bringing a plane down.

Were you on the Cole or helping after the attack?

After the attack, then went back for her maiden cruise after being rebuilt. I would have done 20 on that ship. Along with my stint at SOCCENT Forward, Cole was my most enjoyable and satisfying tour by far. I am having my retirement flag flown over her and it will be proudly displayed in my shadow box.

Retirement flag? What kind of gay crap is that?? Does the Navy goat have to sleep and poop on it too before it's presented to you? ;):poke:

Wait until you see the box. They have been known to bring grown men to tears.

I went to the retirement of a Master Chief Gunner's Mate a few years back. This guy was what one would expect a Gunner with 30+ years in the Navy to be; big, rough, burly, and as intimidating a man as you would ever want to meet.

This big salty Master Chief broke down and cried like a baby at his retirement. He didn't want to give it up. The sea has that effect on a man. He swore afterwards to kill anyone that said anything about it. I think he was kidding, but I can't be positive for sure.

He probably wasn't kidding. You can never tell about them old timers. Sounds like the sergeant major from We Were Soldiers when he told the men "any a you s.o.b's call me grandpa.....I'll kill ya." :blink:

Archived