Luther Davis is in the Bama fold!

BAMMERPERRY

expect an incredible flurry of top prospects to be Bama bound by signing day. Probably the best recruiting for starting so late for any coach in the history of college football recruiting.

FEAR THE NICKTATOR!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I walked outside at lunch today, and it felt quite nice. I think I'll go for a jog this afternoon.

Thank you BammaPerrier. You've enriched my life. You're a blessing to this board.

You know, I walked outside at lunch today, and it felt quite nice. I think I'll go for a jog this afternoon.

I need the exercise after partying it up before, during, and after dominating Bammar in basketball this week. We are starting to look pretty good, and with no seniors on the team, I think we have a shot at the tourney next year. Atleast UAT still has the PRS championship to hold over us. All we have over them is academics, quality of life, football, basketball, swimming, equestrian, etc, etc...

I love mexican food.

Who doesn't!? My favorite used to be Cancun's because we had a really good waiter. Now I prefer Laredo's for lunch and Acapulco's for dinner.

They opened a new Mexican restaurant here in Dothan and it blows the others away so far. You know, a really good Mexican restaurant has to be judged on the first impression, which is always the chips and salsa. Crisp, salty chips and salsa that has just the right balance of flavor and heat. Just enough heat to make you want one more beer in a frosty cold mug before dinner. You know the rest of the meal is gonna' be good.

I have really been scarfing down the Mexican food these last few weeks before the baby is born. I can't eat salsa or spicy food while nursing, so I am getting my fix in now. There is a place here that makes the BEST salsa - it is pureed, so there aren't big chunks of stuff in it, and all the flavors blend in together. Since it is homemade daily, the heat level totally depends who is in the kitchen that day, and you can tell if you need to wait for your drink by counting the number of seeds floating on top... throw in fresh, hot, homemade chips and you have my idea of paradise...

Their fajita steak seasoning is also some of the best EVER. But I don't like their refried beans - they put ONION in them!! WTF?!?!?!?!

I need the exercise after partying it up before, during, and after dominating Bammar in basketball this week. We are starting to look pretty good, and with no seniors on the team, I think we have a shot at the tourney next year. Atleast UAT still has the PRS championship to hold over us. All we have over them is academics, quality of life, football, basketball

I just do not think it's logical if you win 1 out of 8 consecutive games that you call yourself a dominator...!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major

I need the exercise after partying it up before, during, and after dominating Bammar in basketball this week. We are starting to look pretty good, and with no seniors on the team, I think we have a shot at the tourney next year. Atleast UAT still has the PRS championship to hold over us. All we have over them is academics, quality of life, football, basketball

I just do not think it's logical if you win 1 out of 8 consecutive games that you call yourself a dominator...!!!

Hence the qualifier "this week".

Reading is a fundamental skill. Studies show that if you don't read well by second grade, you never will. Is it too late for you?

Reading is a fundamental skill. Studies show that if you don't read well by second grade, you never will. Is it too late for you?

ZING!!! So....back to the topic of the thread. Chicken or steak fajitas? Personally, I like chicken but some don't fry up bell peppers in the mix. I'm not a big onion eater but if you have some good peppers in there, it rocks.

ZING!!! So....back to the topic of the thread. Chicken or steak fajitas? Personally, I like chicken but some don't fry up bell peppers in the mix. I'm not a big onion eater but if you have some good peppers in there, it rocks.

Steak and all the extras...gotta have the peppers and onions. And sour cream and guac on the side. Otherwise don't waste my time.

Esquire, what's the name of this new Mexican place in Dothan? Is it better than Mexican Connection? I love their white cheese dip.

Steak and all the extras...gotta have the peppers and onions. And sour cream and guac on the side. Otherwise don't waste my time.

Hijack alert:

I'm usually a little show to catch on to things, so I'm just now getting into sushi. Had to be forced to try it, but now? About once a week I have a hankering for what my brother calls bait.

If there are any sushi afficionados here, I'd like some suggestions of things to try. I'm pretty big on eel. And I love some seaweed salad, too, which is available at most sushi bars.

Your suggestions?

I had sushi for the first time this past weekend. Well, check that...I'd had one piece a few months ago. But this weekend we went out with some friends to a sushi place. Absolutely loved it.

I tried the old standbys like shrimp tempura roll and the California roll. But my favorite was the Tuna Roll. It's wrapped in seaweed.

I've been craving the stuff all week.

Well, you can always go with the classics: Spicy Tuna Roll, California Roll, Philidelphia Roll, etc.

If you want to branch out a bit, I suggest going with a squid or octopus, most commonly served as a nigiri-zushi, or on an oblong mound of rice. Not all restaurants serve this, so you might have to go to a sushi bar (might I recommend Ru San's in Midtown Atlanta - excellent atmosphere).

Galen, I'm a sushi FREAK.

Unagi (eel) is really a slam dunk.

Salmon and Tuna are good ones too. They aren't overly fishy, and don't look like something that may or may not be in an underwater sci-fi movie.

I'm not really big into rolls (read sushi with training wheels) but if you like something spicy, get a Dynamite roll.

And if you're in Bham, Surin West has great Sushi. I'd avoid Sakura as they have new ownership and have fallen off greatly.

I've only had sushi a couple of times. If you're ever in Montgomery, two good places to get it are at Lek's Thai restaraunt downtown in the train shed and Next Door on Vaughn Road.

I also tried Vietnamese for the first time a couple of weeks ago. There is a Vietnamese restaraunt two doors down from a pet supply store and that was some tasty kitten.

Galen, I'm a sushi FREAK.

Unagi (eel) is really a slam dunk.

Salmon and Tuna are good ones too. They aren't overly fishy, and don't look like something that may or may not be in an underwater sci-fi movie.

I'm not really big into rolls (read sushi with training wheels) but if you like something spicy, get a Dynamite roll.

And if you're in Bham, Surin West has great Sushi. I'd avoid Sakura as they have new ownership and have fallen off greatly.

Next time we're both in Tuscaloosa, we'll go to Bentos on campus. My treat so long as you don't mind me wearing the most garish orange and blue pullover in my closet.

There's also a new place in Tuscaloosa called Hokkaido and there's a Kobes' coming. Don't know about any of it.

expect an incredible flurry of top prospects to be Bama bound by signing day. Probably the best recruiting for starting so late for any coach in the history of college football recruiting.

FEAR THE NICKTATOR!

I hear the money is flowing freely in Bammer circles.

Bento has good shrimp fried rice...fo sho.

Only been there once. Rephrase. Only eaten from there once. Actually had somebody go get it for me. Ordered off a takeout menu. Need to actually go and look at what I'm ordering.

I don't know enough about sushi yet to interpret what I'm seeing on the menu and I hate paying $18 and getting enough to feed a snail because I got the wrong thing.

"US Army All-American Sidell Corley will not be visiting the University of Florida this weekend. In a text message exchange with Gator Country's Bob Redman Friday afternoon, Corley confirmed he would not be coming for the visit. Other sources have confirmed that Corley is no longer committed to the University of Florida."

Guest Tigrinum Major

I've only had sushi a couple of times. If you're ever in Montgomery, two good places to get it are at Lek's Thai restaraunt downtown in the train shed and Next Door on Vaughn Road.

I also tried Vietnamese for the first time a couple of weeks ago. There is a Vietnamese restaraunt two doors down from a pet supply store and that was some tasty kitten.

Lek's is the place to be in Monkeytown.

Archived