Bobby Ross set to resign

Guest Tigrinum Major

Will he be a candidate for the Cowboys job?

Army provides another coach will the opportunity to go back to high school football.

I am seriously questioning the academy's ability to compete at the D-1 level. Why are Navy and Air Force able to at least be respectable?

bobross.jpg

I dunno, I just don't see him as NFL Head Coaching material.

Oh, wait, that Bob Ross.

Will he be a candidate for the Cowboys job?

Army provides another coach will the opportunity to go back to high school football.

I am seriously questioning the academy's ability to compete at the D-1 level. Why are Navy and Air Force able to at least be respectable?

Army lost all semblance of being able to compete when they dropped the option and started running a "pro style" offense. The option allows the service academies to compete with the kind of athletes they are most able to get (250lb offensive lineman, athletic QB's who might not be able to make plays with their arms, and 180 lbs running backs who are extremely fast when they turn the corner). If you have a school that cannot compete with the competition when it comes to size of athletes the option helps to level the playing field.

It would be nice if the service academies still meant something in college football.

They have joined the Ivy League and Bammer as old historic institutions that just can't compete anymore. :poke:

It would be nice if the service academies still meant something in college football.

They have joined the Ivy League and Bammer as old historic institutions that just can't compete anymore. :poke:

Hey, Army Bass Angling isin the middle of a top 10 recruiting year this year.....but everyone knows Bama has the best boats, docks, and tackle. We bowwwwlllllin, baby.

They do mean something ... .... ND likes to schedule them every year. :no:

The academies may not be as competitive anymore in college football, but I dare you to watch an Army-Navy game in person and tell me that those two teams are no longer relevant in college football. No rivalry, including the Iron Bowl, matches the atmosphere of that game.

As far as Army goes, and probably pertains to both Navy and Air Force also, they can't get the top recruits like they used to years ago. With the money available in the NFL now and the number of kids leaving school early, blue-chip recruits are not going to make that commitment to their country for a few years like a Roger Staubach or Napoleon McCallum did. The academies have the most athletic and most fit players in the country, but they can't get the kids that have the football skills to go with that athleticism anymore, at least as far as being competitive in D-1 football goes.

The academies may not be as competitive anymore in college football, but I dare you to watch an Army-Navy game in person and tell me that those two teams are no longer relevant in college football. No rivalry, including the Iron Bowl, matches the atmosphere of that game.

As far as Army goes, and probably pertains to both Navy and Air Force also, they can't get the top recruits like they used to years ago. With the money available in the NFL now and the number of kids leaving school early, blue-chip recruits are not going to make that commitment to their country for a few years like a Roger Staubach or Napoleon McCallum did. The academies have the most athletic and most fit players in the country, but they can't get the kids that have the football skills to go with that athleticism anymore, at least as far as being competitive in D-1 football goes.

Imagine if you threw in a BCS Bowl appearance for the winner? Lincoln Field (the new Vet) would implode.

yaw yaw yaw yaw.........FOOTBALL!!!!

I gotta admit it really does make me proud of the US to see college football players going off to a War the year or two after playing a football game on National TV.

Don't see that much at all these days

Archived