What's the deal with Josh

AUman43

IF you believe Tubs statement that "we don't want anybody who doesn't want to be an Auburn Tiger" then perhaps we should pull Chapman's scholly and give it to someone who KNOWS they want to be an Auburn tiger. JMO His conduct doesn't reflect a true Auburn man. It's time people made up their mind........

I am willing to give an 18 year old kid the benefit of the doubt about not knowing where they want to go to school. Most of us are very lucky in that Auburn got into our blood at an early age because of mothers and fathers. Folks who did not have that advantage sometimes have to actually get there before it gets in their blood.

Auburn was an EASY choice for me. If I wouldn't have been so slow and married when I went I would have paid them to let me walk on. Not everyone has as easy of a decision.

Chapman is a very good DL prospect. The AU coaches want him. He has taken a visit or two and the coaches were aware of the visits. He visited UAT last weekend and the bammer coaches put the full court press on him to commit to UAT. He didn't before he left Tuscaloosa and he hasn't so far. Since he has been back, he has been getting pressure from every Bammer he knows (and some he doesn't know) to de-commit from AU and commit to UAT. Personally I think he is a man of his word and will sign with AU. Not simply because he gave his word to AU first. But because he will come to the decision that AU is the best place for him.

With that said, this is a big decision for these kids to make. They will be spending the next 4 - 5 years at the school they sign with.

I'll ask you this, if the scholarship offer is pulled, then where will he attend school? If it is pulled, then UAT wins that battle. Is that what you want?

IF you believe Tubs statement that "we don't want anybody who doesn't want to be an Auburn Tiger" then perhaps we should pull Chapman's scholly and give it to someone who KNOWS they want to be an Auburn tiger. JMO His conduct doesn't reflect a true Auburn man. It's time people made up their mind........

Don't worry 43.

His silence to the media leads me to believe, that he is still on his way to the Plains.

That thinking sounds too much like "you shop, we shop" which I don't want associated with Auburn People. Remember Caddy was a verbal for :ut: before Tubs showed up with the entire coaching staff in tow. I don't have a problem with a player looking around after he gives a verbal. To me what a verbal means is "You are the best I have seen so far, but I might not have seen everything yet." If a kid has not made a visit to an interested school how can he truly make up his mind?

I am willing to give an 18 year old kid the benefit of the doubt about not knowing where they want to go to school. Most of us are very lucky in that Auburn got into our blood at an early age because of mothers and fathers. Folks who did not have that advantage sometimes have to actually get there before it gets in their blood.

Auburn was an EASY choice for me. If I wouldn't have been so slow and married when I went I would have paid them to let me walk on. Not everyone has as easy of a decision.

Being from small town Magee, Mississippi and never having anyone here to help me out. I became an Auburn Tiger fan on my own.

Cut the kid some slack. He grew up a bammer fan and just about everyone he sees is trying to get him to switch. I'm sure the pressure is enormous. If he wants to win, and win big, and position himself for a degree and the NFL he needs to go to Auburn.

If we lose him I wish him the best, however better to lose a young man whose pulled for bammer all his life than one who pulled for AU all his life.

The bammer media needs this one badly to provide them with something to talk about until spring practice. We'd hear about it every day, "Sabear steals CTTs recruits at will".

Now, I don't know if we'll hear about the Sabear flops McNeil, Cooper, McKnight etc etc...

Cut the kid some slack. He grew up a bammer fan and just about everyone he sees is trying to get him to switch. I'm sure the pressure is enormous. If he wants to win, and win big, and position himself for a degree and the NFL he needs to go to Auburn.

If we lose him I wish him the best, however better to lose a young man whose pulled for bammer all his life than one who pulled for AU all his life.

The bammer media needs this one badly to provide them with something to talk about until spring practice. We'd hear about it every day, "Sabear steals CTTs recruits at will".

Now, I don't know if we'll hear about the Sabear flops McNeil, Cooper, McKnight etc etc...

Well said Biggie. I think if a prospect's heart is in the right place and he isn't just playing games for the pub--then we should stick with our offer and give him time to make his decision. I truly hope he chooses the place that is right for him and that's not for us to decide. If he felt at home on the plains, I bet that's where he'll wind up. I'm sure it's difficult to switch if he grew up a Tide fan and I can understand the delima. But I believe he will have made the right decision if he comes on board and will probably get early PT at either place. But he has a much better shot at an SEC champ. at AU.

Being from small town Magee, Mississippi and never having anyone here to help me out. I became an Auburn Tiger fan on my own.

Glad you are on board but I bet you are the exception and not the rule in that part of the country.

Chapman is under more pressure than any 18 year old kid ought to have to deal with. I say give him some grace.

Archived