Would you vote for Rudy

TexasTiger

As an independent? What if he ran as a Dem?

February 2, 2007

WASHINGTON - Republicans looking at Rudolph Giuliani's campaign for president always ask two questions - is he really running, and is he a "real Republican?"

They're probably not going to like the answers found by Newsday in Giuliani's government filings.

The ex-mayor still is holding back from submitting the simple one-page form declaring himself a possible candidate, despite raising $1.4 million to run. And asked what party he belongs to on a different form, Giuliani didn't say - he left the answer blank.

Not so for chief rivals John McCain and Mitt Romney. Both have filed the candidacy paperwork, and both gave a straightforward answer when asked their party affiliation: "Rep," or Republican.

http://www.newsday.com/news/printedition/s...658,print.story

In a heartbeat. And I hope he puts Colin Powell on the ticket. Two honorable, competent men, which seems to be a real rarity in politics today.

I doubt Colin's interested, unless he feels compelled to end on a more postive note. I suspect Colin's through with the Republican party.

In a heartbeat. And I hope he puts Colin Powell on the ticket. Two honorable, competent men, which seems to be a real rarity in politics today.

I doubt Colin's interested, unless he feels compelled to end on a more postive note. I suspect Colin's through with the Republican party.

Maybe he's just through with GWB.

Maybe he's just through with GWB.

Maybe, but as a pro-choice, pro-affirmative action guy, he doesn't fit well in the Republican party. Also, it's Rumsfeld, Cheney, etc. that I'm sure he's disgusted with.

I would vote for him only if he ran on the republican ticket b/c it would show a majority of his decisions would follow conservative values. If he ran as an independent it would probably become a wasted vote.

I'd probably only vote for him if he were a Republican in the general election against a much more liberal Democrat. I can't see myself voting for him in the primaries or against a pro-life Democrat (not that one would have a chance in hell of making it that far).

I'd vote for Guliani if he ran as a Republican, a Democrat, a Libertarian, a Librarian, a Communist, a Feminist or a Nazi.

I spent time in New York before, during and after he was mayor. What he did with that city, its image, its reputation, its vitality, its demeanor, its perception, its morality and its self-respect was simply amazing.

When I think of what he did for that city, the majority of it by simple force of personality and will, I have great hope for the future of this country.

It confounds me that the people of the state of New York are so utterly stupid that they would vote that butch ass butt ugly shrew Hillary Clinton to the Senate over one of the few truly visionary politicians of our day. Guliani is a true leader. Clinton is a political whore. Both of them.

I'd vote for Guliani if he ran as a Republican, a Democrat, a Libertarian, a Librarian, a Communist, a Feminist or a Nazi.

I spent time in New York before, during and after he was mayor. What he did with that city, its image, its reputation, its vitality, its demeanor, its perception, its morality and its self-respect was simply amazing.

When I think of what he did for that city, the majority of it by simple force of personality and will, I have great hope for the future of this country.

It confounds me that the people of the state of New York are so utterly stupid that they would vote that butch ass butt ugly shrew Hillary Clinton to the Senate over one of the few truly visionary politicians of our day. Guliani is a true leader. Clinton is a political whore. Both of them.

Hillary didn't run against Guiliani for Senate.

Technically. She was polling ahead of him and he backed out of the race. But the idiots in NY were still voting for her. I don't see how in the hell she gets a single vote.

Did too.

Did not.

I like him. But I'm not sure you can throw honorable in there. Too much crap with his ex-wife, etc..

I would rather see Newt. The things he put into place have proven to be the best thing in Washington in some time. Folks gave him a hard time then, but now what he did has proven to be the right choice. If he made the right decisions once, I could trust him to do it again.

Did too.

Did not.

I know you are but what am I.

Technically you're right -- as I edited my post above to note. He pulled out of the race (I think he was having cancer treatment?), but if my memory serves me, she was polling ahead of him anyway and there were questions as to whether he backed out because he was going to get beat or for health reasons.

Still, the fact that anyone would vote for that disgusting Rosie O'Donnell wannabe makes me want to break out the shovels. Many of them.

I like him. But I'm not sure you can throw honorable in there. Too much crap with his ex-wife, etc..

I would rather see Newt. The things he put into place have proven to be the best thing in Washington in some time. Folks gave him a hard time then, but now what he did has proven to be the right choice. If he made the right decisions once, I could trust him to do it again.

Dude, Newt's got as much chance of winning as Pee Wee Herman. You'll have a hard time convincing anybody that he is not corrupt and that anything he did while in office was worthwhile. I consider myself to be a conservative but I wouldn't waste a vote on Newt. I honestly believe that the only person capable of derailing this liberal Hollywood backed <derogatory term for a female> Clinton is Rudy. If she actually attains office, it would be the worst thing to happen to this country ever. EVER.

I'm with you. I'd rather have an effective leader in office than an 100% ideologically-correct nitwit. I'm always amazed at people who would choose the other way.

Did too.

Did not.

I know you are but what am I.

Technically you're right -- as I edited my post above to note. He pulled out of the race (I think he was having cancer treatment?), but if my memory serves me, she was polling ahead of him anyway and there were questions as to whether he backed out because he was going to get beat or for health reasons.

Still, the fact that anyone would vote for that disgusting Rosie O'Donnell wannabe makes me want to break out the shovels. Many of them.

I don't recall if she ever polled ahead of him, but 9/11 remade Rudy. In the preceding months he mostly made news for his embarrassing private life and some of his sillier rules-- he went a little crazy over strip clubs and jay walking. Rudy made an ass of himself and 9/11 redeemed him. That said, he turned NYC around, no question.

I don't recall if she ever polled ahead of him, but 9/11 remade Rudy. In the preceding months he mostly made news for his embarrassing private life and some of his sillier rules-- he went a little crazy over strip clubs and jay walking. Rudy made an ass of himself and 9/11 redeemed him. That said, he turned NYC around, no question.

All I know is that New York was an immoral toilet before Rudy. I was, literally, afraid for my safety the whole time I was there. During his administration and since it has become one of my favorite cities in the world. Rudy did it by paying attention to the little things -- thus the restrictions on jaywalking. You solve the little problems and the bigger ones solve themselves. Since Rudi cleaned up New York, I walk the streets there with no qualms at all. I take my kids there -- something I would NEVER have done prior to Guliani.

I would vote for Rudy if he wore a dress. I would vote for Rudy if he was dating Elton John. I'd pray for him and hope that he would resolve his personal issues, but I would sleep well knowing that the one thing he would never do is force his own personal agenda on the country, he would do what he truly believed was right for the country as a whole. Clinton, on the other hand, cares only about her disgusting self.

All I know is that New York was an immoral toilet before Rudy. I was, literally, afraid for my safety the whole time I was there. During his administration and since it has become one of my favorite cities in the world. Rudy did it by paying attention to the little things -- thus the restrictions on jaywalking. You solve the little problems and the bigger ones solve themselves. Since Rudi cleaned up New York, I walk the streets there with no qualms at all. I take my kids there -- something I would NEVER have done prior to Guliani.

I would vote for Rudy if he wore a dress. I would vote for Rudy if he was dating Elton John. I'd pray for him and hope that he would resolve his personal issues, but I would sleep well knowing that the one thing he would never do is force his own personal agenda on the country, he would do what he truly believed was right for the country as a whole. Clinton, on the other hand, cares only about her disgusting self.

Rudy has worn a dress. Jaywalking is one thing, toward the end of his tenure you would need to cross three ways just to get to the other side. There was also some pretty gruesome violence, including an unarmed guy getting shot about 56 times, that he seemed pretty indifferent to. And letting your wife know at a press conference that your getting a divorce didn't play well with many women voters. I'm just saying, Rudy had problems toward the end of his tenure, before 9/11, and his performance then pushed that to the background. I do wonder if Rudy plays well for a long campaign, though.

Apparently you have confused the rest of us as giving a crap about NYC. Most folks have not been there and do not know anything about Rudy other than 9/11 and the mess surrounding his marriage. So when the media gets through making him out to look like a heel, the right wingers will have shot him down. Besides, what has he done on a national level? I'm glad you have all this man-love for him, but I doubt everybody else does. Like I said, I like him. But not everybody does.

Apparently you have confused the rest of us as giving a crap about NYC. Most folks have not been there and do not know anything about Rudy other than 9/11 and the mess surrounding his marriage. So when the media gets through making him out to look like a heel, the right wingers will have shot him down. Besides, what has he done on a national level? I'm glad you have all this man-love for him, but I doubt everybody else does. Like I said, I like him. But not everybody does.

Well, there you have it. CCTAU likes him, but lacks man-love for him. And possessing man-love is apparently a prerequisite for his vote. :roflol:

Well, there you have it. CCTAU likes him, but lacks man-love for him. And possessing man-love is apparently a prerequisite for his vote. :roflol:

I never said I wouldn't vote for him. I just said I would like somebody who has proven experience in guiding the federal government. Also pointing out what the critics would likely focus on. I have man-love for no man.

Does it matter if you "give a crap about NYC" or not? That's hardly the point. Whether you care about NY or not, whether you've been there or not is irrelevant. Political platforms and a bunch of talk is all you get from most of the other candidates. Rudy has a history. It's a history of restoring pride and dignity to a city that was bankrupt both morally and financially. This isn't a stupid Pace Picante Sauce commercial. "New York City" isn't an insult. I wish people could turn loose of that small-minded mentality.

If you know anything about the history of NYC or have ever watched a movie filmed there in the 70s or 80s, you should at least understand the depths of depravity to which that city had sunk before Guliani was elected. He promised to clean the city up and he absolutely did. He took a city that was on the verge of collapse and brought it back to vibrant life. He reversed the financial deficits, rooted out corruption and by sheer force of personality got the average New Yorker -- by nature cynical and distrustful -- to buy into his bigger plan. It doesn't matter that it was New York other than the fact that New York is the biggest (and still most important) city in this country. If I'd seen Guliani do the same thing with Detroit, Chicago, Boston, St. Louis, Boise, Birmingham or Wetumpka I'd be just as supportive of him. Why? Because unlike these other empty suit big mouth idiots who are running, Guliani actually has a significant track record of success. Turning NY around was a job most thought was impossible. Not only did he do it, but the changes he brought were long-term.

It's been a long time since I've been excited or enthusiastic about a candidate for national office. Most of the people who run are dumber than dog dirt and have absolutely zero concept of how things work in the real world. They're babbling morons. Guliani has proved that not only does he understand, but he knows how to affect real, effective long-term change. I don't care what party he belongs to. If he runs I will campaign for him, I will support him and I will damn sure vote for him.

I'd rather have somebody in office who has proven he will work rather than some already entrenched DC hack. Guiliani reminds me of Reagan in that he is the one person out there who I believe could unite the country, bridge the petty party divisiveness and restore the national pride that is so sorely lacking.

Does it matter if you "give a crap about NYC" or not? That's hardly the point. Whether you care about NY or not, whether you've been there or not is irrelevant. Political platforms and a bunch of talk is all you get from most of the other candidates. Rudy has a history. It's a history of restoring pride and dignity to a city that was bankrupt both morally and financially. This isn't a stupid Pace Picante Sauce commercial. "New York City" isn't an insult. I wish people could turn loose of that small-minded mentality.

If you know anything about the history of NYC or have ever watched a movie filmed there in the 70s or 80s, you should at least understand the depths of depravity to which that city had sunk before Guliani was elected. He promised to clean the city up and he absolutely did. He took a city that was on the verge of collapse and brought it back to vibrant life. He reversed the financial deficits, rooted out corruption and by sheer force of personality got the average New Yorker -- by nature cynical and distrustful -- to buy into his bigger plan. It doesn't matter that it was New York other than the fact that New York is the biggest (and still most important) city in this country. If I'd seen Guliani do the same thing with Detroit, Chicago, Boston, St. Louis, Boise, Birmingham or Wetumpka I'd be just as supportive of him. Why? Because unlike these other empty suit big mouth idiots who are running, Guliani actually has a significant track record of success. Turning NY around was a job most thought was impossible. Not only did he do it, but the changes he brought were long-term.

It's been a long time since I've been excited or enthusiastic about a candidate for national office. Most of the people who run are dumber than dog dirt and have absolutely zero concept of how things work in the real world. They're babbling morons. Guliani has proved that not only does he understand, but he knows how to affect real, effective long-term change. I don't care what party he belongs to. If he runs I will campaign for him, I will support him and I will damn sure vote for him.

I'd rather have somebody in office who has proven he will work rather than some already entrenched DC hack.

Sorry. CCTAU ain't been to NYC and he ain't having it.

Archived