Tigers...Is this how y'all have felt this long, long time?

Ellesshoe

First time to even visit your forum much less post, but I have to add my agreement to the general idea behind this thread. LSU not having an in-state rival has led to a greater animosity towards Auburn. Combined with the very real threat we seem to pose to one another each year for the success of our programs, but most of that seems to be a more recent development, while I can still remember plenty of heart breaking losses to you guys in the 90's....the name "Jamie Howard" mean anything to you?

It has appeared to many LSU fans that over the years our game has brought out the best and the worst in each other, but something has happened in this post season that I honestly would have sworn was impossible. Saban has actually changed the dynamic between our two teams for the majority of our fans, and I suspect also for yours. It's hard to understand how any team that has been dominated in recent history, has any room to crow about their accomplishments(yet to happen), but bama seems incapable of even the slightest humility. I suppose we never really had to put up with the arrogance like you guys did. I simply cannot imagine what it must be like to share the state with these guys, who actually are quite a bit like ND fans, never attended the university (or any other probably), and yet take ownership of it.

Let me add that I do think that Saban is a good coach/recruiter and things are bound to improve for bama, but I doubt the rest of the SEC is going to lay down and let them catch up to us. To hear the bama fans tell it, this has been a transformation, and not the first step to a possible comeback. I do honestly think that NS benefited greatly from our state and doubt he will find the path as easy in your own. At least, I think you guys will continue to make life miserable for them in recruiting and games for years to come.

I have to say that if LSU had been beaten 5 times in a row by Auburn, 4 times in a row by bama, I don't think I would be talking smack just yet, even if we dug up Knute Rockne to coach us. This over the top arrogance is what has LSU fans in an uproar more than anything else. You guys have cleaned their clocks for 5 straight years and you really have to listen to this crap?? Now the motivation to destroy these guys has reached a fever pitch and I doubt it will diminish until NS runs away in 3-4 years. I guess we have now found our own motivation to hate these guys, and it just has made me sympathetic to Auburn in the process. God, did I really just say that?

Well, cheers guys. Here is to hoping we both destroy these guys for the next several years, and I promise any Auburn fans will be welcome in our tailgate from now on, and I am sure many others. So, while our teams may fight a bitter battle on the field, perhaps this will be a new beginning for our collective fan bases. Something to actually thank Saban for...

I agree the newfound AU/LSU alliance/tolerance/lack of hatred is on thin ice at best, but I don't think LSU fans will ever look at Bama fans the same way. I would compare this to a guy you only see in church. A good man, strong in faith, who is kind to everyone and bows before God like any other good christian, but then you meet this guy in a social setting such as a bar and he acts like a complete ass, cussing up a storm, talking down to people, and treating women like playthings, the kinda guy you just wanna beat the crap out of.

LSU just that side of uat and I think that even when $abahr leaves in a few years, the hatred that will have grown between these two fanbases will be too much to just overcome like that. I don't think this is the start of a beautiful friendship between auburn and lsu, LSU fans have said and done too many rude things to me for me to accept that, but perhpas the addition of bama to the triangle of hate will dilute the LSU fans' hatred of us to a point that we may be able to have a somewhat friendlier rivalry (like AU/UGA).

I think that all of us (Auburn and LSU) can agree that we are linked in our hatred of all things SPUAT. Further, I think we can all agree that anytime Auburn and LSU play football, it will be a well-played game, whether or not we agree with the outcome. I also think, that if Auburn cannot win the SEC West, knowing that LSU will be the probable winner, we will not have to be embarrased. If a certain team from West Vance were the winner (God forbid) we would be.

Look our BG and SouthLink!!!! We may have a new candidate for best rival poster.

Post more often Dude.

He already gets my vote. Of course he hasn't had much chance to prove otherwise, but he's batting 1.000 so far.

Archived