Alabama picks up a punt catcher

BAMMERPERRY

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maze. That makes me think of corn.

i can't have corn :( i have diverticulitis so i can't eat stuff like corn, peanuts, anything that does not digest and break down very well. but i can certainly see the corn resemblence there.

Why do they call corn on the cob, corn on the cob? That's the way it comes out of the ground. They should call everything else corn off the cob.

Guest Tigrinum Major

It takes forever to cook a baked potato in a conventional oven. Sometimes I'll just throw one in there, even if I don't want one. By the time it's done, who knows?

It takes forever to cook a baked potato in a conventional oven. Sometimes I'll just throw one in there, even if I don't want one. By the time it's done, who knows?

sometimes I'll just throw one in and go on vacation

Hearing "corn" on an Auburn board makes me miss Niffer's and their corn nuggets.

Hearing "corn" on an Auburn board makes me miss Niffer's and their corn nuggets.

Speaking of Niffer's, I remember 10cent wing night!!!!!

AAAAAHHHH, the good ole days!!!!

I wish scientists would come up with an ear of corn that was big and round,

because then when you were eating it, it'd be fun to make chew marks in the

shape of continents.

Niffers Corn Nuggets MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Oh man, corn nuggets!! Now we are talking.

I am also quite fond of my grandmother's corn casserole. You would not think that corn and sour cream would go well together, but this particular casserole is quite delectable.

Speaking of corn and maze....did you guys know that they sometimes do a corn maze (yes an actual maze) at Auburn in the fall around Halloween? They actually cut a maze in the cornfield and you try to find your way through it. It's pretty fun.

Cream corn... Ummmm
White cream corn or yellow cream corn? Big difference. My preference is yellow.

To me, the best way to judge cream corn is the sweetness factor. I hate it when it has been sweetened up. If it is fresh and homemade, it should be sweet enough.

My grandmother used to make homemade cream corn - she'd grow silver king (??) corn, a small white kernel, and then just do whatever magic she did to make it the best ever. There is actually a commercially available cream corn that tastes almost exactly like hers - it is in the freezer section and believe it or not, comes it a tube like Jimmy Dean sausage - cut off both ends and dump it in a pot with a tiny bit of water. heat and eat!! It is just natural tasting - no sugar added. Wonderful stuff.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE roasted/grilled corn - de-silk, re-wrap the shucks around it, wrap up in tinfoil along with three or four large ice cubes, lay on top rack of grill for 30 minutes or so, turning occasionally... dang... yummy yummy!! You can season it before or after cooking - either way is magnificent. I especially like it with Lawry's Seasoning Salt on it.l

Cream corn... Ummmm
White cream corn or yellow cream corn? Big difference. My preference is yellow.

To me, the best way to judge cream corn is the sweetness factor. I hate it when it has been sweetened up. If it is fresh and homemade, it should be sweet enough.

My grandmother used to make homemade cream corn - she'd grow silver king (??) corn, a small white kernel, and then just do whatever magic she did to make it the best ever. There is actually a commercially available cream corn that tastes almost exactly like hers - it is in the freezer section and believe it or not, comes it a tube like Jimmy Dean sausage - cut off both ends and dump it in a pot with a tiny bit of water. heat and eat!! It is just natural tasting - no sugar added. Wonderful stuff.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE roasted/grilled corn - de-silk, re-wrap the shucks around it, wrap up in tinfoil along with three or four large ice cubes, lay on top rack of grill for 30 minutes or so, turning occasionally... dang... yummy yummy!! You can season it before or after cooking - either way is magnificent. I especially like it with Lawry's Seasoning Salt on it.l

McKenzies cream corn...

Never been a cream corn fan. On the cob rules. Especially the cooked corn from the fair, dipped in butter with some spices sprinkled on it.

Wild guess here, you're from/live in Dothan

Never been a cream corn fan. On the cob rules. Especially the cooked corn from the fair, dipped in butter with some spices sprinkled on it.

Wild guess here, you're from/live in Dothan

Yep, that is Peanut Festival grub all the way ;)

Archived