Alabama picks up a punt catcher

BAMMERPERRY

Never been a cream corn fan. On the cob rules. Especially the cooked corn from the fair, dipped in butter with some spices sprinkled on it.

Wild guess here, you're from/live in Dothan

Yep, that is Peanut Festival grub all the way ;)

Speaking of the Peanut festival, and corn, Kettle corn is nasty nasty stuff and all who like should die a fiery, horrible, strangely sweet death.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before Kenny Rogers quit selling chicken did anybody have some of his corn muffins? Pretty awesome stuff.

Yes, those were the best things going until the Gambler left town. He made some mean baked beans too.

Before Kenny Rogers quit selling chicken did anybody have some of his corn muffins? Pretty awesome stuff.

Yes, those were the best things going until the Gambler left town. He made some mean baked beans too.

Can't forget the chicken. It was delicious. So was the sweet potato casserole.

Never been a cream corn fan. On the cob rules. Especially the cooked corn from the fair, dipped in butter with some spices sprinkled on it.

Sto, what's up with the little smirky emoticon? Could it be that you're afraid to admit your true love of the Peanut Festival and more specifically...roasted ears of corn??? Hmmmmm? You know you love you some toothless carnies serving you up a big buttered ear. Admit it.

Guest BoStillKnows

Bubba Perry Corn Company...

We got yeller corn, white corn, corn on the cob, corn off the cob, creamed corn, grilled corn, corn muffins, corn fritters, cornbread, beans and corn, greens and corn, corn puddin', corn relish, and last but not least...cajun smothered corn.

And by the way, the best kick returner in the country is TRISTAN DAVIS!

Bubba Perry Corn Company...

We got yeller corn, white corn, corn on the cob, corn off the cob, creamed corn, grilled corn, corn muffins, corn fritters, cornbread, beans and corn, greens and corn, corn puddin', corn relish, and last but not least...cajun smothered corn.

And by the way, the best kick returner in the country is TRISTAN DAVIS!

AMEN!

Sto, what's up with the little smirky emoticon? Could it be that you're afraid to admit your true love of the Peanut Festival and more specifically...roasted ears of corn??? Hmmmmm? You know you love you some toothless carnies serving you up a big buttered ear. Admit it.

I will so not dignify that with an answer....

The best things about Niffers:

Bottomless Chips and Mexicali dip

Burger Night

$1 domestic longnecks

Corn Nuggets

Crabby Penne - yes it deserves to be this high on the list.

Fishbowl margaritas - if you're of age and you haven't gotten 4 of your friends to go get one, you're missing out on an auburn tradition.

Fried Pickle spears - and i don't even like pickles

wing night

continue...

The best thing about Niffers...

$1 beer, any time.

And burger night was pretty good, too.

Burger night was awesome. There's nothing like 500 starving college kids waiting in line for an hour to get them a Big Cheese with a beer for $5!

Oh and the MexiCali dip was the thing my wife and I miss the most.

Best thing about NIffers... dollar beers during the long wait for a table on burger night, then fishbowl races to really get the party started! yes, I said races.

I was trying to think of all the nightly specials to helped me eat for less.

There was the beer night and burger night at Niffers.

Tend-a-chick had a special.

MAMA G's on Thursday's had their sandwiches reduced.

Wing night at Buffalo Connection. I think that was on Mondays.

...I know I am missing a few.

Don't you know it's rude to hijack a post? This is the Corn thread. Take your cheap meals and food specials to another of ButtPlug's threads. There are plenty of others to choose from...

:big::roflol:

Don't forget Findley's 99 cent Chicken Italians on Tuesday.

YES. Good stuff.

I'm hungry now.

One of the Mexican Restaurants that changed names every week had a Margarita night. They were very strong.

students and Auburn residents need to eat at Tino's on Opelika Hwy, formerly La Bamba. Its freakin good and cheap. 1/2 Quesadilla, a bunch of chips and salsa and water and you've got a good meal for 3.25 or so.

When Denaro's was open (changed to Bodega's and it's probably something else now) they used to have pasta night on Monday's. It was four types of pasta for eight bucks. Not as cheap as some of the other specials in town but considering that it was more upscale than a lot of the places it wasn't too bad.

Nah, it's still bodega's. I've got a couple friends who are bouncers there. That and Burbon Street are probably the only ones that haven't changed names/ownership 3 times since I came to Auburn.

Archived