Alabama picks up a punt catcher

BAMMERPERRY

Nah, it's still bodega's. I've got a couple friends who are bouncers there. That and Burbon Street are probably the only ones that haven't changed names/ownership 3 times since I came to Auburn.

Uhhh...I think you're forgetting one.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hah, i'm talking about downtown. Otherwise I'd have to include touchdowns, highlands, struttin' duck, pourhouse (yeah, I've heard they're officially out of business), aaaaand i think that's it.

One's that have changed name, ownership, or both since I came to Auburn in 2003:

Snapper O'Malley's is now Mama Lucy's (sp?)

Wings To Go is now J.P Looney's

Beef O'Brady's is now Tiger's Den

The Blue Room was Dewey's Downtown is now Skybar.

Tigris is now Quixiote's and I think it was something else when I came to Auburn...

Mr. Gatti's was 1st and 10 but now its just closed. (I include it because 1st and 10 was a bar)

am I forgetting any?

When I was there it was Neon's and Little Ireland's. Then it became Fifth Quarter and Little Ireland's. Then somebody bought both bars and combined them into the Blue Room. I lived in the Concourse Apartments at one time in Auburn. They are (or were, not sure if they have changed) the apartments behind the McD's and the bookstore and across the street from the Blue Room. From our balcony my roommate and I watched approximately 1,000 tickets get written for DUI and MIP in our parking lot for the kids leaving Neon's and trying to drive home. We used to heckle them when the cops made them try to walk a line in the parking lot.

Here endeth the history lesson.

Little Ireland's.

I still have a shirt from there that says "I drank my Guiness and doubled my friends".

Good times!

They closed the place down before I could get my name on the wall for their "Tour of the World".

When Denaro's was open (changed to Bodega's and it's probably something else now) they used to have pasta night on Monday's. It was four types of pasta for eight bucks. Not as cheap as some of the other specials in town but considering that it was more upscale than a lot of the places it wasn't too bad.

Actually Denaro's didnt turn into Bodegas....Bodegas used to be a bank...Denaro's turned into Burbon Street or whatever its called next to Bodegas. I remember Finks...Aubies before it became Buffalo's. The Theatre before it became Gap...Kaz's Gym (Where I used to work out with Bill Kazmaier walking around throwing 2 plates on a curl bar and curling it like it was 25 pounds) No drinking on Sundays, No Super Walmart.

The place that used to be Fink's is now called Quixote I believe.... Might be spelling it wrong. Anyway, I went by there early in the week and the sign said 52 oz draft beer for $2 or something crazy like that.

Good times.

Does anybody remember Greeley's.

You mean Greasies? :lol: I used to drink there on my boss's tab when I worked for Kikker (the radio station). He drank straight vodka with a grapefruit juice chaser. :puke: Major alcoholic.

Is the Struttin' Duck still around??? We used to also frequent the bar in the Days Inn for Long Island Iced Tea specials, foget its name though.

yeah, the duck is still there. but the pourhouse closed down from what I've heard.

I have reliable sources yet sadly, no link.

When I was there it was Neon's and Little Ireland's. Then it became Fifth Quarter and Little Ireland's. Then somebody bought both bars and combined them into the Blue Room. I lived in the Concourse Apartments at one time in Auburn. They are (or were, not sure if they have changed) the apartments behind the McD's and the bookstore and across the street from the Blue Room. From our balcony my roommate and I watched approximately 1,000 tickets get written for DUI and MIP in our parking lot for the kids leaving Neon's and trying to drive home. We used to heckle them when the cops made them try to walk a line in the parking lot.

Here endeth the history lesson.

Seems like that place had about 10 different names while I was in school. I remember at one time they would have an all you can eat wing bar and bring your own mug .25 beer night on Thursdays. (I think it was about the fall of '96.) I remember they had several wing flavors such as hot, plain, teriyaki, and Italian. The wing bar was free and all you had to pay was the cover charge and .25 for your beer. Most people were busy drinking so there were plenty of wings. I went a couple of times and ate all the wings I could hold. I don’t remember what the cover charge was but it was cheaper than any all you can eat wing night in town. It didn’t last very long.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Does anybody remember Greeley's.

My wife and I went on our first date there. Then saw Bull Durham at the free movie and picked up a six pack on the way back to the aprtment.

She bought, as I was not of age yet.

Good times.

Is the Struttin' Duck still around??? We used to also frequent the bar in the Days Inn for Long Island Iced Tea specials, foget its name though.

Wasn't that Benji's? I remember going there once and it being packed with the middle aged divorcee crowd. Kind of freaked me out though that would probably be the easiest hookup in town.

Wasn't that Benji's? I remember going there once and it being packed with the middle aged divorcee crowd. Kind of freaked me out though that would probably be the easiest hookup in town.

I talked to a girl last night who's only been to Auburn a couple of times. The bars she went to? Benji's and Loco's... She hadn't even heard of the supper club.... :no:

Ah Botchers....great place!!! lean on the ID checking in the day.

Is Botchers still there? I meant to ask after I came back from the Bama bb game. I thought it looked like it had been leveled as I passed by on my way to Niffers.

The guy that owned the place had to close down because of some serious material degradation problems. I did hear that some of the folks that worked there bought it and were opening it back up. That was by far my favorite spot on Thursday night.

wow. LOTs of old names.

watching 'muse' at denaro's, and 'mel and the party hats' at the supper club. memories.

had my first drink in Auburn at Aubie's. later that night I had my last drink of the night at Harry's after the drunk bus from the supper club dropped us off.

in between the theater and becoming the gap, there was a bar there called 'the crazy horse' for a while. a friend of mine did their books there until he discovered the massive fraud going on.

it's a wonder i ever finished my degree without a stint in rehab or 48 hrs in the pokey.

Archived