Hey Coach ad on AM730 the Ump

aumd03

I know a lot of you guys are from the Huntsville/Decatur area. I was wondering if anyone else listens to the Ump and hears the ad for the "Hey Coach" show and does anyone else get cracked up listening to the callers they have in the ad.

The opening line is "Roll tide roll"(with none of the words enunciated)" and thats all I have to say about that"

The rest of the ad is comparable to the first line. Its just good for a laugh, and I wondered if anyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

I have heard this ad about 100 times and I get a kick out of it every time...

1st - They have editted the ad from the first run where one of the guys says , "Yes sir, Coach Shula, buddy, how are you". Now it no longer says "Shula".

2nd - They guy that comes on and says "Uh, Row Tide Row, I'd like to say that." Every time I hear it I say back to the radio, "You just said it, genious."

That station is notorious for bad commercials, as in the one for the BBQ place where Bugg says "MMM, can you HEAR it, the secret to success." Not "can you smell it" or "can you taste it", but can you hear it. Like you can hear how good something tastes!

I put up with the UMP, because there isn't a lot of choice around here now that ESPN 1450 is gone. They claim to be unbiased by saying they have guys on from lots of schools, and they do. However, they never fail to bring up UAT with those guests. The good thing is that we can get the :au: games with out much trouble.

This commercial just owns me. It still cracks me up hearing that guy say "Row tide row"

I put up with it too. At least I can hear the Dan Patrick show again.

I think an interesting little experiment would be to edit out local sports anchors when they say the word "Alabama" or "Auburn" during their broadcasts and replay it to an unbiased third party and see which they think they favor. I didn't notice it until one night cooking and the news was on and you could hear a difference in the tone of voice just introducing the news.

I have heard this ad about 100 times and I get a kick out of it every time...

1st - They have editted the ad from the first run where one of the guys says , "Yes sir, Coach Shula, buddy, how are you". Now it no longer says "Shula".

2nd - They guy that comes on and says "Uh, Row Tide Row, I'd like to say that." Every time I hear it I say back to the radio, "You just said it, genious."

That station is notorious for bad commercials, as in the one for the BBQ place where Bugg says "MMM, can you HEAR it, the secret to success." Not "can you smell it" or "can you taste it", but can you hear it. Like you can hear how good something tastes!

I put up with the UMP, because there isn't a lot of choice around here now that ESPN 1450 is gone. They claim to be unbiased by saying they have guys on from lots of schools, and they do. However, they never fail to bring up UAT with those guests. The good thing is that we can get the :au: games with out much trouble.

from Wikepedia

Owned by Cumulus Media, WUMP is a 1,000 watt class-D AM radio station licensed to Madison, Alabama on the 730 frequency. It is branded as SportsRadio 730 The UMP. The station is currently an affiliate of both ESPN Radio and Fox Sports Radio. The station was an ESPN Radio affiliate in the late 1990s and early 2000s before losing it to rival WTKI. The affiliation returned to WUMP on February 5, 2007 after WTKI was sold and changed formats. The Fox Sports Radio affiliation will be dropped completely in April 2007.

It primarily serves the Huntsville, Alabama market, though its studios are located in Athens. The station is unusual in that it provides a large quantity of local sports-oriented programming for being a modest signal in a moderately sized market.

Heard today that the Sports Bugg is no longer after tomorrow's show. I am deeply saddened. Much like the old indian in that 80's commercial on litter, I shed a tear.

Heard today that the Sports Bugg is no longer after tomorrow's show. I am deeply saddened. Much like the old indian in that 80's commercial on litter, I shed a tear.

Are you serious? An ESPN affliate can schedule better morning programming then a washed up sports news anchor and his loser bammer sidekick?

My favorite Bugg moment, the Monday after the 2005 Iron Bowl, "I just want to put it out there for the Tigger fans, it is going through the rumor mill, Al Borges is being considered for the K-State job."

Bugg couldn't own up and talk about the 4th straight beat-down of his beloved Tide, so he comes up with some garbage to divert the pleasure the AU folks were taking in.

Are you serious? An ESPN affliate can schedule better morning programming then a washed up sports news anchor and his loser bammer sidekick?

My favorite Bugg moment, the Monday after the 2005 Iron Bowl, "I just want to put it out there for the Tigger fans, it is going through the rumor mill, Al Borges is being considered for the K-State job."

Bugg couldn't own up and talk about the 4th straight beat-down of his beloved Tide, so he comes up with some garbage to divert the pleasure the AU folks were taking in.

I guess Mister Bugg is in the job market again.

I guess Mister Bugg is in the job market again.

Actually, I think Bugg may be pursuing the pharmaceutical sales field. I happened to be in an office one day and in comes a rep for some company and Bugg was kinda shadowing him. He said he was looking into it. Of course, in talking to him, he seemed to focus on Alabama football and wouldn't give up. I guess it was my fault since I mentioned that Rooster Rutledge is also a pharm rep. Ben Leard was for a while. And I've seen Cole Cubilick around the OR. He's a rep for some prothesis company i believe.

From HSV Times

"Local Cumulus general manager Bill West announced this week the resignation of Harold Bugg from the SportsBugg on WUMP-AM 730, which aired weekdays from 6-9 a.m., to pursue other opportunities. The show's last day was Friday, and co-host Brett Beaird is remaining with the station's sales department. Their program will be replaced by ESPN's "Mike and Mike Morning Show."

The good news for fans of Bugg is his "other opportunities" include a syndicated Southern sports radio show that this long-term broadcaster has always dreamed about. Starting March 26, his show, called "SportsBuzz with Harold Bugg," will be aired on stations around the Southeast on the SMI Radio Network.

Bugg's segment will air weekdays from 6:30-7 p.m. out of Jamie Cooper's WZTV studios in Athens.

Bugg will also do a daily sports program for WZTV. So, far, there are no local radio affiliates that carry the network, but Bugg is hoping that will change."

Archived