Different take on J Russell

BamaGrad03

I think JR has all the physical tools to be a good if not great qb in the NFL. I think some people on here are blowing his "lack" of mental prowess on the field, out of proportion. I think that people forget that LSU had a horrible running game this year and come on who really thinks that Les and Jimbo are great offensive minds. JR should have stayed another year and polished his game but whoever drafts him needs to keep on the bench for a year and get him into studying film and learning the offense. It is all about risk/reward in the NFL and the Draft magnifies it, I think whoever passes on JR will be making a big mistake.

Wow, I didn't realize so many folks on here have been doing such an in depth psych evaluation on LSU's quarterback.

Just a couple of notes from Jmarcusrussell.org. He was 232-342 for 3129 yds in 06'. That's 67.8%. He had 28 TDs vs. 8 Ints. He raised his completion percentage significantly each year from 50.7 as a freshman to 67.8 last year. This was in the SEC folks. Remember....the baddest conference in the land? The best competition college football has to offer?

And the pros, who evaluate these kids like cattle in a stall, seem to think he's one of the best in the land. They've met him, tested him, studied film on him etc. And most think he'll be the first QB taken while some think he'll be the first player taken in the whole freakin' draft.

But somehow, there are those here that seem to know all about his IQ. I jest don't thank that boy's got it upstars. He must be stoopid. Well, he did throw 8 picks in 342 passes last year in the SEC. Yep, that settles it for me. Sure fire NFL bust.

I'm thinking that the people on here that are bashing JR are the same ones who bashed Vince Young. Look how that turned out this past season.

I say again. The same things were being stated about Jason Campbell by many. Then, he gets in Borges' system and lights it up. Campbell for Heisman. Woo hoo :cheer:

Archived