Different take on J Russell

BamaGrad03

Blog/Article about Jamarcus: Russell Overrated?

I'm on the fence with Jamarcus. He had a good game against UA but looked pretty bad against AU.

The question I have is also posed in that article...Where does he go in LAST years draft?

I'm on the fence with Jamarcus. He had a good game against UA but looked pretty bad against AU.

The question I have is also posed in that article...Where does he go in LAST years draft?

BG, I've never thought Russell was all that good. His decision making is terrible, he doesn't take car of the ball, and his best games were against the weaker opponents on LSU's schedule. I've been saying since he started at LSU that he's the most overrated QB in the conference. I certainly wouldn't want him.

I think Russell would have made an outstanding wishbone quarterback. However, as a pro quarterback, I'm not convinced. I don't think he has the basic decision making ability to cope with crazy fast, complicated NFL defensive schemes. If the guy couldn't cope with Auburn, then he'll have an even worse time coping with the Chicago Bears.

I think Russell will do very well in the NFL if he winds up on a team with any talent or coaching. However, he could wind up on a real bottomfeeder with no chance to show what he can do. Russell has been playing in the best conference in America all these years and he's looked good against more teams than just Louisiana School for the Blind. As for his decision making, I believe many folks said the same thing about Jason Campbell.

Russell is looking like this year's Kyle Boller. He'll be drafted high because of arm strength and "potential," but I don't see him being a huge success.

BG, I've never thought Russell was all that good. His decision making is terrible, he doesn't take car of the ball, and his best games were against the weaker opponents on LSU's schedule. I've been saying since he started at LSU that he's the most overrated QB in the conference. I certainly wouldn't want him.

Sometimes it's too obvious

I think he will be like Daunte Culpepper, as long as he has the OC and WR's that will allow him to bomb away downfield he will be great, if they ask him to run the west coast offense he will be in a world of hurt.

but very very rich.

Now THIS man gets it. :lol:

Hey, J'Russ. You see what they're sayin' about you on that Auburn board?

What are they sayin'?

Most of them say you're overrated and you'll be a bust in the NFL.

Man, that stings. What time is the limo pickin' me up tonight? You did have my tux cleaned and pressed didn't you. You know J-Lo's gonna' be there. And where's my Rolex? I can't roll without my Rolex, playa.

but very very rich.

What are they sayin'?

Man, that stings. What time is the limo pickin' me up tonight? You did have my tux cleaned and pressed didn't you. You know J-Lo's gonna' be there. And where's my Rolex? I can't roll without my Rolex, playa.

I worked on campus during the summers painting, we painted dorm rooms, the racquetball courts, various other things. Anyway we were painting the athletic dorm rooms and Victor Riley (he had just become a first round pick of the KC Chiefs) came pulling up in a brand new decked out Mercedes to visit some of the guys staying there, one of the guys working with us knew him and yelled from the balcony we were taking a break on, "Victor! You fat b**ch!"

Victor rolled down the window, stuck his head out, and replied, "I'm a fat RICH b**ch, muthaf***a!" I thought we were all going to fall off the balcony we were rolling around laughing so hard.

but very very rich.

What are they sayin'?

I worked on campus during the summers painting, we painted dorm rooms, the racquetball courts, various other things. Anyway we were painting the athletic dorm rooms and Victor Riley (he had just become a first round pick of the KC Chiefs) came pulling up in a brand new decked out Mercedes to visit some of the guys staying there, one of the guys working with us knew him and yelled from the balcony we were taking a break on, "Victor! You fat b**ch!"

Victor rolled down the window, stuck his head out, and replied, "I'm a fat RICH b**ch, muthaf***a!" I thought we were all going to fall off the balcony we were rolling around laughing so hard.

Post of the Month.

but very very rich.

What are they sayin'?

Rolex? Puhleease. Old school crap. Try Jules the Jeweler. Thirty stacks. Real talk. :o

On a serious note - Right now, Jamarcus Russell is not the best QB in the draft. However, he has more potential that any QBs in the last five drafts. He's 6'6 260 pounds with a serious cannon for an arm. If a good QB coach can develop JR's mental abilities, he has the chance to be a great NFL QB.

On a serious note - Right now, Jamarcus Russell is not the best QB in the draft. However, he has more potential that any QBs in the last five drafts. He's 6'6 260 pounds with a serious cannon for an arm. If a good QB coach can develop JR's mental abilities, he has the chance to be a great NFL QB.

That would qualify as a mighty big "IF"!

That would qualify as a mighty big "IF"!

Yeah, I think they may be better off trying to develop a good arm on a smart QB. JR is an amazing instinctive player, much like Michael Vick. He's successful because he can wing it. A better offensive scheme for him would be to let one random d lineman come unblocked and chase him and force him to make a spectacular play throwing off the wrong foot. I don't think he can be a pocket passer.

I think Russell will do very well in the NFL if he winds up on a team with any talent or coaching. However, he could wind up on a real bottomfeeder with no chance to show what he can do. Russell has been playing in the best conference in America all these years and he's looked good against more teams than just Louisiana School for the Blind. As for his decision making, I believe many folks said the same thing about Jason Campbell.

They didn't say that after the 2004 Senior year he had!! Russell didn't have a great Junior year, either to end his college career on. He should have stayed.

5.8 40 :blink: I could for sure out run him and maybe even esquire :rolleyes:

I do laugh at Brady Quinn's utter prickness.

Anyone read the SI article about Quinn/Russell where Russell's dad says Russell was weirded out by how rude Quinn was a few times that they (Russell and Quinn) had met in the last few weeks. Russells dad even asked if Quinn had a problem with his son.

Geez

I do laugh at Brady Quinn's utter prickness.

Anyone read the SI article about Quinn/Russell where Russell's dad says Russell was weirded out by how rude Quinn was a few times that they (Russell and Quinn) had met in the last few weeks. Russells dad even asked if Quinn had a problem with his son.

Geez

Maybe Brady is still sore after being sodomized by LSU's defensive line for 60 minutes in the Sugar Bowl.

If russel is not the best Qb in the draft then who is??? BTW he will be the first pick in the draft

If russel is not the best Qb in the draft then who is??? BTW he will be the first pick in the draft

I would take the risk and take him over Quinn!!!! Quinn laid eggs in big games every time.

I think that if JR stays healthy he is going to do some incredible things in the pros. He really came around starting in the tenny game last year and was a stud from there on out.

Saw his workout footage on ESPN this morning and it looked extremely impressive. The espn "expert" said it was the best qb workout he had ever seen.

The texans were idiots for passing on VY last year and anyone who passes on JR will be as big or bigger of a fool imo.

You can work a player to improve his physical skills. You can add muscle mass and muscle memory. You can't add grey matter.

JaMarcus Russell will be a huge bust in the NFL. Huge. Take him now and regret it later.

Archived