This year reminds me of 1971

BAMMERPERRY

What is the best tip you can give for weed problems in your yard. I have been using Scott's Turfbuilder for about two years, but I still have weeds everywhere. I am considering just paying for a lawn service, but if anyone had good luck with a brand of weed control, let me know

I have to tell you...TruGreen has done an excellent job for me.

Just remember this, unless you enjoy the tedium of yard work, do you really want to spend your precious off time doing it? And what's worth more, your weekend or saving forty bucks a month?

I have to tell you...TruGreen has done an excellent job for me.

Just remember this, unless you enjoy the tedium of yard work, do you really want to spend your precious off time doing it? And what's worth more, your weekend or saving forty bucks a month?

if you've been using scotts that long and you still have weeds, i would definitely try a service. i can usually get rid of all of the weeds in a year no problem with scotts.

What is the best tip you can give for weed problems in your yard. I have been using Scott's Turfbuilder for about two years, but I still have weeds everywhere. I am considering just paying for a lawn service, but if anyone had good luck with a brand of weed control, let me know

I'm using the same thing with the "plus weed control" and I have MORE weeds than when I started.

I'm using the same thing with the "plus weed control" and I have MORE weeds than when I started.

:blink:

Just finished building a house. Sod was laid 3 weeks ago. I was told not to do anything other than water it for at least a month because the sod farm most certainly had been fertilizing, weed control etc.

I'm proud to have a new, good looking lawn but I've also been known to F a yard up in a heartbeat. Any tips?

Just finished building a house. Sod was laid 3 weeks ago. I was told not to do anything other than water it for at least a month because the sod farm most certainly had been fertilizing, weed control etc.

I'm proud to have a new, good looking lawn but I've also been known to F a yard up in a heartbeat. Any tips?

Uh don't eff it up.

Don't swim in shark infested waters. That's what I wrote on my ticket at Dreamland today, anyway.

Oh, you meant about the lawn?

My yard sucks. Too many trees, lots of dirt.

The back yard is good, though. Except for the weeds. About two years ago I started having an infestation of broadleaf. I don't know what to do to get rid of them and not have big gaps. Where I live a lawn service is out of the question.

e1363v78.jpg

Looks kind of like this. I want this stuff DEAD.

I've also got a huge poison ivy problem. Our land is adjacent to some undeveloped land with a creek. Poison ivy clogs the hill behind the house and invades the yard. The dogs get in it. I'm highly sensitive to the stupid crap. I've tried Roundup Brush and Weed Killer Concentrate. The stuff laughs at it.

Suggestions?

Here's what you do. Go ask your local golf course superintendent if he can give you some tips... then sneak into the chemical building... find the good non watered down stuff and run like the wind...

Here's what you do. Go ask your local golf course superintendent if he can give you some tips... then sneak into the chemical building... find the good non watered down stuff and run like the wind...

Good idea.

You know that stuff has got to be like the Tylenol II of lawn care.

Guest Tigrinum Major

The back yard is good, though. Except for the weeds. About two years ago I started having an infestation of broadleaf. I don't know what to do to get rid of them and not have big gaps. Where I live a lawn service is out of the question.

e1363v78.jpg

I've also got a huge poison ivy problem. Our land is adjacent to some undeveloped land with a creek. Poison ivy clogs the hill behind the house and invades the yard. The dogs get in it. I'm highly sensitive to the stupid crap. I've tried Roundup Brush and Weed Killer Concentrate. The stuff laughs at it.

Suggestions?

Diesel fuel.

e1363v78.jpg

Suggestions?

Diesel fuel.

No doubt! That stuff will kill anything and everything.

Seriously one thing you can do...

Round up the whole yard. But the grass has to be completely dormant.

So that means you have to wait a while now.

The problem is knowing when the grass is completely dormant sense where we are it doesn't always go completely dormant. Learned that the hard way last year at the golf course when I dropped a backpack sprayer filled with Roundup.

You could also just use it to spot spray I think. You may want to check with someone else on that first.

My dogs laid turds all winter which I was too lazy to scoop up, and now my back yard looks like a mine field. I just started using TruGreen about 2 months ago. So far they have treated my yard 3-4 times, and I haven't seen a difference yet. I figure I'll go with them until September/October, and if it still looks like s**t, I'll just train my dogs to go in the areas where grass isn't growing as well.

I'd baby that thing. Heck, you've invested all that money. What's a few bucks a month for a lawn service?

We sodded our lawn in 1996. I mowed and edged, but Tru-Green did all the treatment work. It was years before I had any significant weeds. And they took care of those for me.

My dogs laid turds all winter which I was too lazy to scoop up, and now my back yard looks like a mine field. I just started using TruGreen about 2 months ago. So far they have treated my yard 3-4 times, and I haven't seen a difference yet. I figure I'll go with them until September/October, and if it still looks like s**t, I'll just train my dogs to go in the areas where grass isn't growing as well.

Dogs...right...Remember Brad, the toilet is your friend.

Just make sure that your lawn gets plenty of water, I use an off brand weed and feed with a good amount of nitrogen to green up my lawn, no need to use a service for 40 bucks when you can do the same thing for a lot cheaper about 8-12 bucks a bag once a month. For weeds and poison Ivey that are in natural areas use pro roundup when I worked for a landscape company thats what we used and it was great but its 158 dollars for 2.5 gallons!

Make sure the Scott's that you are getting is specific for your grass. By that I mean, if you have Zoysia, get one for Zoysia, if you have Bermuda, get one for Bermuda, etc. Also, follow the yearly schedule on that for pre-emergence, fall, etc. Once a year won't kill all the weeds. It'll make a huge dent, but they'll come back.

Archived