Pigs airborne, Satan a little chilly

Fmnstr

Yup.....Just another day at the good old walmart, or as bammer fans like to say Wall Marts... Man that irritates me.

My personal favorite is "Wal-Marks".

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup.....Just another day at the good old walmart, or as bammer fans like to say Wall Marts... Man that irritates me.

No no...it's THE Wal-Marks

No no...it's THE Wal-Marks

Speakin' the native tongue now, BG.

:no::no::no: That has to be the worst......The Wall Marks, I just want a Screwdriver so I can Jam it down my ear holes. It just eats me up.

• 4 weeks later...

Most Alabama fans have moved on. Now if we could just get you guys to stop bringing him up.

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of kids with houndstooth baseball caps and the girls with houndstooth dresses.

Hundreds of thousands? Really? Wow, you give us a lot of credit. Guess they don't ever come to the games. Because you might see 9 or 10 on gameday. Wow, we ARE obsessed.

Went to City Stages last night in "neutral" Birmingham (not tuscaloosa, and definitely not at a game) and there was no direction you could look besides straight at the ground in which you did not see at least four of these in your peripheral vision.

Most Alabama fans have moved on. Now if we could just get you guys to stop bringing him up.

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of kids with houndstooth baseball caps and the girls with houndstooth dresses.

Hundreds of thousands? Really? Wow, you give us a lot of credit. Guess they don't ever come to the games. Because you might see 9 or 10 on gameday. Wow, we ARE obsessed.

Went to City Stages last night in "neutral" Birmingham (not tuscaloosa, and definitely not at a game) and there was no direction you could look besides straight at the ground in which you did not see at least four of these in your peripheral vision.

I just got home from City Stages and noticed the exact same thing. I even counted NINE at one point in my vicinity alone.

I just got home from City Stages and noticed the exact same thing. I even counted NINE at one point in my vicinity alone.

Now now don't be counting them cause BG said there are only a few scattered amongst the whole world. They are rarer than Fabrege Eggs.

Now now don't be counting them cause BG said there are only a few scattered amongst the whole world. They are rarer than Fabrege Eggs.

Oddly enough - I noticed a bunch of those hats around and actually thought "Does Bamagrad seriously think these hats are a rarity?" I should take a week's vacation from this board.......... or not.

Oddly enough - I noticed a bunch of those hats around and actually thought "Does Bamagrad seriously think these hats are a rarity?" I should take a week's vacation from this board.......... or not.

I did the exact same.

And came straight home to resurrect this thread.

So I'm at least equally lame.

I did the exact same.

But who is the lamest? You didn't buy the hat. I went to the movies last night and saw Knocked Up. Two people sitting directly in front of me were wearing the hats. Naturally, I had to point this out to my date who is an Alabama Grad.

I'm going to The Wall Marks to purchase a Khaki Fishing Hat, you know like the one Shug wore....I want to start an Auburn Trend.....lol, not really.

Guest BoStillKnows

The funny thing is that bear Bryant = UA football and UA football = Bear Bryant...both are gone.

Bryant was a decent football coach but good at intimidating young men and manipulating them and their parents. He was an excellent strategist and politician. He was very good at seeing and taking advantage of opportunities.

Saban has the house on the river, the money, and reverance of the UA "family". He is done.

I think it is hilarious how much money UA will spend in order to have a chance of beating Auburn.

The funny thing is that bear Bryant = UA football and UA football = Bear Bryant...both are gone.

Bryant was a decent football coach but good at intimidating young men and manipulating them and their parents. He was an excellent strategist and politician. He was very good at seeing and taking advantage of opportunities.

Saban has the house on the river, the money, and reverance of the UA "family". He is done.

I think it is hilarious how much money UA will spend in order to have a chance of beating Auburn.

it goes beyond AU. i know you will never believe this, because thinking the way you do makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. its about winning, period. yes, losing to your instate rival for 5 years stings. if you say you would be fine with losing to bama for 5 years in a row you would be a liar. i highly doubt you would put up with the mediocrity our team has become overall if it happened to AU. if you were a bama fan, you would have plenty of reasons to be desperate to get a coach that knows his ass from his elbow. not JUST to beat AU.

I did the exact same.

But who is the lamest? You didn't buy the hat. I went to the movies last night and saw Knocked Up. Two people sitting directly in front of me were wearing the hats. Naturally, I had to point this out to my date who is an Alabama Grad.

Knocked Up was a good movie, very funny

Guest BoStillKnows

it goes beyond AU. i know you will never believe this, because thinking the way you do makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. its about winning, period. yes, losing to your instate rival for 5 years stings. if you say you would be fine with losing to bama for 5 years in a row you would be a liar. i highly doubt you would put up with the mediocrity our team has become overall if it happened to AU. if you were a bama fan, you would have plenty of reasons to be desperate to get a coach that knows his ass from his elbow. not JUST to beat AU.

I'm glad I am a realist and not a desperate, jaded Bama fan. Most of the Bama fans I know are obsessed with trying to have a better program than Auburn. It really eats at them.

I'll feel warm and fuzzy when we dominate LSU, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida in football. Arky is a bigger problem than UA so get over it.

I'm glad I am a realist and not a desperate, jaded Bama fan. Most of the Bama fans I know are obsessed with trying to have a better program than Auburn. It really eats at them.

I'll feel warm and fuzzy when we dominate LSU, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida in football. Arky is a bigger problem than UA so get over it.

But Arky is UA.

You must have meant uat.

BG, you bammers are nowhere near close to moving on. The houndstooth thing seems to have been bigger then it ever was now ever since they came out with those hats. I can't help but chuckle when I see a 12 year old with one of those houndstooth hats on. I have to resist the urge to stop and ask the kid does he even know why he wears that particular hat? Of course I know the answer already..."Cause my deddy said dat da greatest futball coach ever to live, Bahr Bryant wore a hat just like this". :roflol:

Then of course there were the uniforms UAT wore last year in a game in which the collars were houndstooth. Yeah, UAT and you bammers are really moving on.

Stings? It's fatal, bub. Your program is at a standstill - right at the corner of Auburn and Death Penalty. We've been in Bama's shoes before: 9 times in a row. I'm sure you've heard of that. But we weren't desperate; we were willing to find a breath of fresh air that could lead us in a different direction. Pat Dye wasn't "the savior." He was the guy who was in the same shoes as we were; the guy who understood his fans, players, and opposition. You don't have that. Your coach knows his ass from his elbow but he doesn't know yours. And sorry, bro, you need to JUST beat AU before you can even have a chance at the bigger picture.

Stings? It's fatal, bub. Your program is at a standstill - right at the corner of Auburn and Death Penalty. We've been in Bama's shoes before: 9 times in a row. I'm sure you've heard of that. But we weren't desperate; we were willing to find a breath of fresh air that could lead us in a different direction. Pat Dye wasn't "the savior." He was the guy who was in the same shoes as we were; the guy who understood his fans, players, and opposition. You don't have that. Your coach knows his ass from his elbow but he doesn't know yours. And sorry, bro, you need to JUST beat AU before you can even have a chance at the bigger picture.

Great post.

Ok, I can't just not reply to this one. I have always given Auburn their due. You have won the last 5 games over us, and are entitled to all of the bragging rights that you want to take. I have always admitted that I hate that we lost, and I don't think it is right to act like these games meant nothing to us. They hurt, and I want the pain to stop. I feel that Auburn is our truest rival, and want to beat you, and want it bad. I will be humble to you until we win.

With this said, I must draw the line when you call Coach Bryant a decent football coach. He was at the time of his death "the winnest coach in football history". This is not a decent coach, this is a great coach. They have an award given in his name each year for the "best coach", and the trophy is a crystal houndstooth hat. Your coach has won this award, and I don't truly believe that he would say that the "Bear Bryant Award" means nothing to him as it would if the award was named after just a decent football coach. I don't know how Coach Bryant treated his players, but so many of them speak so well of him and tear up each time they speak of him. There are so many ways that Coach Bryant helped his players after they finished playing for him that we are still hearing about today. On the anniversary of his death each year I hear more and more stories that I have never heard before about how he helped people in Tuscaloosa, and never wanted people to know what he had done. That is why so many things here are named after him, and not just for being a football coach. He did things for people in the community that had nothing to do with the university or the football program.

I think that most Bama fans now do not see the wearing of houndstooth as not letting go of Coach Bryant. I feel that it is part of our tradition now. You may see this as silly, and you are entitled, but we also think some of the things that Auburn and other schools hold near and dear as your traditions are also silly, but I hope that we have the good sense not to tell you that. It is yours, and a part of who you want to be, and should not be up for ridicule by someone else.

Guest Tigrinum Major

With this said, I must draw the line when you call Coach Bryant a decent football coach. He was at the time of his death "the winnest coach in football history".

"winningest"

They have an award given in his name each year for the "best coach", and the trophy is a crystal houndstooth hat.

No. No, it's not.

On the anniversary of his death each year I hear more and more stories that I have never heard before about how he helped people in Tuscaloosa, and never wanted people to know what he had done. That is why so many things here are named after him, and not just for being a football coach. He did things for people in the community that had nothing to do with the university or the football program.

Care to share?

With this said, I must draw the line when you call Coach Bryant a decent football coach. He was at the time of his death "the winnest coach in football history".

"winningest"

They have an award given in his name each year for the "best coach", and the trophy is a crystal houndstooth hat.

No. No, it's not.

On the anniversary of his death each year I hear more and more stories that I have never heard before about how he helped people in Tuscaloosa, and never wanted people to know what he had done. That is why so many things here are named after him, and not just for being a football coach. He did things for people in the community that had nothing to do with the university or the football program.

Care to share?

Sorry for any words that I typed wrong. I guess my spell checker was not working, and my fingers just got a little ahead of my mind. You guys do keep me on my toes, and I try not to spell anything wrong, because you will certainly call me on it.

One of the stories that I have been told since I moved to Tuscaloosa that I had never heard before; was about a church over here in Northport that had applied for a loan to buy the land,and build this large parking lot. Now, this was not a large church at that time, and had plans for expansion. The cost was going to be very large because it was near the hospital and the property next to the church was very expensive.

Coach Bryant heard about this, and contacted the minister and asked him how much money would he need to do this. After the minister told him the amount, Coach Bryant told him that he would give the church the money, but he did not want this to be a public matter, and he didn't want it in the newspaper, or as the minister said later that Coach Bryant said "or I will have it dug up". Now I don't have a link on that, but it was told to me by my minister who was a good friend of the other minister. I have seen the large parking lot, and I would bet that it cost a pretty penny.

One question for you. Am I mistaken about the trophy for the coach of the year. Is this not a crystal hat?

I thought I was right on that one.

Archived