Pigs airborne, Satan a little chilly

Fmnstr

this afternoon i ate lunch at my (huge bammer) grandparents' house and had a long football discussion with my grandfather, who lived through the bryant years and graduated from uat. after a long string of reminiscences and predictions, he says that saban's hiring has finally "done what uat has needed to do for twenty years, bury bear bryant". :blink: he followed this by saying he expects no more than 6 wins next year. i was absolutely astounded that a man who actually has a right to cling to bryant is the very first i've ever heard say that he wants nothing more than his program to "get over it and move on".

wow.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Alabama fans have moved on. Now if we could just get you guys to stop bringing him up.

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of kids with houndstooth baseball caps and the girls with houndstooth dresses.

Most Alabama fans have moved on. Now if we could just get you guys to stop bringing him up.

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of kids with houndstooth baseball caps and the girls with houndstooth dresses.

Hundreds of thousands? Really? Wow, you give us a lot of credit. Guess they don't ever come to the games. Because you might see 9 or 10 on gameday. Wow, we ARE obsessed.

Remind me of this the next time I try to find a restaurant in Tuscaloosa where I can eat peacefully without his gaping maw grinning over my shoulder.

Remind me of this the next time I try to find a restaurant in Tuscaloosa where I can eat peacefully without his gaping maw grinning over my shoulder.

Yeah, because Pat Dye isn't hanging on any wall in opelika.

Actually Pat Dye is sitting on the porch of his farm/hunting lodge. <_<

Actually Pat Dye is sitting on the porch of his farm/hunting lodge.

Really? Becuase I have this idea in my mind of him running the show on some job site where Craneworks products are being used.

Actually Pat Dye is sitting on the porch of his farm/hunting lodge.

Really? Becuase I have this idea in my mind of him running the show on some job site where Craneworks products are being used.

Yeah I always thought Gene Stallings looked a lot like a used car salesman.

rammerjammer.jpg

" ... and tatooed on his back ... ... the MAN hisself."

BG, it is so FUNNY when you bammies try to tell us AU people to stop bringing him up!

BG, again, I walk by probably nine houndstooth baseball caps walking in to work just about everyday. You and our friends here may be more enlightned. Heck I would say far more enlightened than the average bama fan. But, on a daily basis, we have to deal with the dirt road alumni that absolutely worships the bahr.

I deal with relatives that have buddhist shrines in their homes built to Bear Bryant.

We'll stop bringing him up, when you guys stop digging him up. :big:

:au::homer:

Conversation I heard at work on the Friday before A-day.

Bammer A: "I gotta git me won ov them houndstooth baseball caps fer my sun. I hope they still got 'em."

Bammer B: "Yeah, they're purty sharp!"

Those things have invaded this state like a plague. It's sad, really.

:lmao:

Oh, you.

First of all, it's funny that you guys can't grasp that Opelika is not part of Auburn because it bugs you that your campus is located in the ugly urban sprawl that is Tuscaloosa.

Secondly it is laughable that you could even begin to compare Pat Dye's presence at Auburn with the graven images of Bahr at literally every visible point in Tuscaloosa, whether it be as blatant as his shrine in front of your stadium or as subtle as bars called The Houndstooth. Any restaurant in Auburn that may have a picture of Dye or Jordan for that matter up, it would be at a sports-bar type place that has a comprehensive collection of pictures from Auburn's football history. In Tuscaloosa, no ma & pa country diner is complete without the 4'x2' oil painting of the Bahr.

Does virtually every Auburn student and fan own at least one article of clothing that pays tribute to the similarly unique fishing-style hat that Shug Jordan always wore?

:lmao:

Oh, you.

First of all, it's funny that you guys can't grasp that Opelika is not part of Auburn because it bugs you that your campus is located in the ugly urban sprawl that is Tuscaloosa.

Secondly it is laughable that you could even begin to compare Pat Dye's presence at Auburn with the graven images of Bahr at literally every visible point in Tuscaloosa, whether it be as blatant as his shrine in front of your stadium or as subtle as bars called The Houndstooth. Any restaurant in Auburn that may have a picture of Dye or Jordan for that matter up, it would be at a sports-bar type place that has a comprehensive collection of pictures from Auburn's football history. In Tuscaloosa, no ma & pa country diner is complete without the 4'x2' oil painting of the Bahr.

Does virtually every Auburn student and fan own at least one article of clothing that pays tribute to the similarly unique fishing-style hat that Shug Jordan always wore?

I'm a student and fan and I don't own one. I didn't even know he wore a "fishing-style" hat.

Oh, you.

First, what's wrong with Opelika? I think that city would fit just fine with my argument considering it's probably 95% AU fans.

Secondly, I didn't know ANY students at UA who had anything houndstooth related when I was there. And I sat in the student section last year, and saw maybe 3 or 4 of those houndstooth caps. Our student section seats about 10,000.

Sweet argument though.

First, what's wrong with Opelika? I think that city would fit just fine with my argument considering it's probably 95% AU fans.

In my experience, Opelika is infested with Bama fans. I always thought it was odd that so many of them lived so close to Auburn.

In my experience, Opelika is infested with Bama fans. I always thought it was odd that so many of them lived so close to Auburn.

It wouldn't say it's any different that AU fans in Ttown.

It wouldn't say it's any different that AU fans in Ttown.

I only know of one and he has a SWEET vacuum.

Secondly, I didn't know ANY students at UA who had anything houndstooth related when I was there. And I sat in the student section last year, and saw maybe 3 or 4 of those houndstooth caps. Our student section seats about 10,000.

Sweet argument though.

Last season you saw 3 or 4 people wearing houndstooth in the student section of 10,000.

Sorry to get dirty, but I'm going to come right out and call you a liar here.

Either that or blind.

More than that wear them to BASKETBALL games!

I seriously don't know one female Alabama fan that doesn't have a houndstooth dress/headband/purse. And over half of the guys I know have the houndstooth baseball cap in question. Let alone the actual hats like ol' Bahr wore. Or the jerseys with houndstooth trim.

Sweet argument though.

Last season you saw 3 or 4 people wearing houndstooth in the student section of 10,000.

Either that or blind.

I seriously don't know one female Alabama fan that doesn't have a houndstooth dress/headband/purse. And over half of the guys I know have the houndstooth baseball cap in question. Let alone the actual hats like ol' Bahr wore. Or the jerseys with houndstooth trim.

How many games did you make it to last year in BDS? How many of those were in the student section?

Sweet argument though.

Either that or blind.

How many games did you make it to last year in BDS? How many of those were in the student section?

I saw at least 10 at every game just from when they panned the student section on TV.

I saw plenty more than 3 or 4 at the baseball series, despite the fact that Bahr had nothing to do with baseball (allegedly).

I saw more than 3 or 4 at the basketball games, including any I caught on TV.

I see more than 3 or 4 at any given bar in Birmingham, let alone Tuscaloosa.

I see more than 3 or 4 at any given bar in Birmingham, let alone Tuscaloosa.

Really? What bar do you go to in Birmingham? I don't think I've EVER seen a houndstooth cap at a bar in Bham. And I don't know of many bars in Birmingham that I haven't been to. I could be wrong. Maybe you hang out at Banana Joes and 1120 a lot. I've never been there. But I'm not 19 either.

And even if you saw 1,000 of them at the football game...that means that 1% of our fans are wearing houndstooth gear. So if houndstooth gear is the measuring stick for obsession...that means 1% of our fans are obsessed with Coach Bryant. Nice.

-----Edit-----

I know for a fact you go to some of the same bars that I go to...because you have hung out with Amanda before. I honestly can't say that I've seen Houndstooth caps at any of those places.

Problem is that the 5% is on the Opelika High coaching staff...

Archived