Pigs airborne, Satan a little chilly

Fmnstr

I'm a student and fan and I don't own one. I didn't even know he wore a "fishing-style" hat.

FYI, this is what I was talking about.

shug3.jpg

Really? What bar do you go to in Birmingham? I don't think I've EVER seen a houndstooth cap at a bar in Bham. And I don't know of many bars in Birmingham that I haven't been to. I could be wrong. Maybe you hang out at Banana Joes and 1120 a lot. I've never been there. But I'm not 19 either.

While you do have a point that those places are more likely to be filled with bammers, you are once again incorrect in your assumptions about me.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While you do have a point that those places are more likely to be filled with bammers, you are once again incorrect in your assumptions about me.

Come on...I said MAYBE.

Really? What bar do you go to in Birmingham? I don't think I've EVER seen a houndstooth cap at a bar in Bham. And I don't know of many bars in Birmingham that I haven't been to. I could be wrong. Maybe you hang out at Banana Joes and 1120 a lot. I've never been there. But I'm not 19 either.

The only time BG hangs out with other Bammers is at ball games. We know deep down he prefers the company our kind. ;)

Good grief, you see a minimum of 5-10 of those a day here in Montgomery. You either aren't looking for those hats, or are in denial. :blink:

They're there....oh yes.....they are ...there....

...all around you...

;)

Most Alabama fans have moved on. Now if we could just get you guys to stop bringing him up.

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of kids with houndstooth baseball caps and the girls with houndstooth dresses.

Hundreds of thousands? Really? Wow, you give us a lot of credit. Guess they don't ever come to the games. Because you might see 9 or 10 on gameday. Wow, we ARE obsessed.

Trust me, I was at the Bama A-Day game. There were plenty of houndstooth baseball hats.

I tell you, I don't know what is uglier, the houdstooth hats or the Dark Pink shirts that read " NEVER FEAR SABANS HERE! :puke:

I was at the shallow end of the gene pool the other night, you know Wal-Mart, and to my dismay I saw a herd of Bammers waddling around this one rack of T-shirts that had the afforementioned slogan on it! OH my it was a sight! :blink:

Oh, you.

First of all, it's funny that you guys can't grasp that Opelika is not part of Auburn because it bugs you that your campus is located in the ugly urban sprawl that is Tuscaloosa.

Secondly it is laughable that you could even begin to compare Pat Dye's presence at Auburn with the graven images of Bahr at literally every visible point in Tuscaloosa, whether it be as blatant as his shrine in front of your stadium or as subtle as bars called The Houndstooth. Any restaurant in Auburn that may have a picture of Dye or Jordan for that matter up, it would be at a sports-bar type place that has a comprehensive collection of pictures from Auburn's football history. In Tuscaloosa, no ma & pa country diner is complete without the 4'x2' oil painting of the Bahr.

Does virtually every Auburn student and fan own at least one article of clothing that pays tribute to the similarly unique fishing-style hat that Shug Jordan always wore?

First, what's wrong with Opelika? I think that city would fit just fine with my argument considering it's probably 95% AU fans.

Secondly, I didn't know ANY students at UA who had anything houndstooth related when I was there. And I sat in the student section last year, and saw maybe 3 or 4 of those houndstooth caps. Our student section seats about 10,000.

Sweet argument though.

You're being SILLY now. I see at least one houndstooth baseball hat or regular hat every single day. You could sit in the student section, throw a handful of M&Ms without even aiming and hit a dozen of those idiotic houndstooth baseball hats.

Hibbets has stacks of regular houndstooth hats. ALL Bama souvenir shops (brick and mortar as well as online) sell multiple houndstooth items. (http://www.rolltidestuff.com/php/viewitem.phtml?itemnum=a773) They come as decals, pins, sized hats and one-size-fits-all hats. They wouldn't make or advertise them if people weren't buying them.

I'd love to have me a Shug porkpie hat, but AU fans don't engage in idol worship. You can't find them at AU gift shops.

I went to a bar in downtown Hunstville the night of Bama's A-day game and low and behold a guy was sitting at the bar wearing a houndstooth hat.

Good grief, you see a minimum of 5-10 of those a day here in Montgomery. You either aren't looking for those hats, or are in denial. :blink:

They're there....oh yes.....they are ...there....

...all around you...

;)

Ugh. Montgomery. How can you stand to live in Alabama's armpit? Luckily, I'm just here for an internship and will be gone in June.

I'd much rather live in Opelika than Montgomery. JMHO.

I grew up in Montgomery. Graduated Jeff Davis and straight to Auburn, Married a Dothan girl and moved down here. Been here ever since. (23 years in June)

I have to admit. Montgomery ain't the same town I grew up in. Some things are way better and others...well...

Honestly, Montgomery's "okay" if you have your friends and groups to hang out with. My job keeps me on the road a lot. I'm a regional manager for my company and cover all of MS, GA, AL and FL, which gets me out of town plenty.

I also hear what people outside the state think of Saban and Bama, which is why I get a kick out of Bamaperry, and BG and some of the others that think people outside of the state think Bama's a big deal. Just isn't the case, and it's that simple. I'd never convince them of that though. They've read, studied and believe so deeply, there's no proof, common sense, or reasoning that would convince them otherwise...so I just read, chuckle and move on.

B)

Honestly, Montgomery's "okay" if you have your friends and groups to hang out with. My job keeps me on the road a lot. I'm a regional manager for my company and cover all of MS, GA, AL and FL, which gets me out of town plenty.

I also hear what people outside the state think of Saban and Bama, which is why I get a kick out of Bamaperry, and BG and some of the others that think people outside of the state think Bama's a big deal. Just isn't the case, and it's that simple. I'd never convince them of that though. They've read, studied and believe so deeply, there's no proof, common sense, or reasoning that would convince them otherwise...so I just read, chuckle and move on.

B)

Damnit man, just stop resisting and join the Sabanation. It is useless to resist us. We are all powerful and soon we will regain our rightful position at the right hand of Bear Almighty.

They've got these really cool Houndstooth baseball caps on sale at Hibbet's for $17.95. Got one for me and my kids today. Didn't have but $35.00 left on my Visa credit limit but hell, it was worth it.

B)

Damnit man, just stop resisting and join the Sabanation. It is useless to resist us. We are all powerful and soon we will regain our rightful position at the right hand of Bear Almighty.

They've got these really cool Houndstooth baseball caps on sale at Hibbet's for $17.95. Got one for me and my kids today. Didn't have but $35.00 left on my Visa credit limit but hell, it was worth it.

Dear Jesus!..err Bear..err... Umm...I get confused sometimes... Izz okay squire...juz make dat minimum payment, and you'll have enough for dat derrr 12 pack before yer know it.

I grew up in Montgomery. Graduated Jeff Davis and straight to Auburn, Married a Dothan girl and moved down here. Been here ever since. (23 years in June)

I have to admit. Montgomery ain't the same town I grew up in. Some things are way better and others...well...

Yeah.

I was born here and lived in Montgomery until I was the grand old age of 4.

It's hard to like a town when malls are being shut down due to murders. Geez.

mall wasn't shut down due to murders.

There was a little mall violence here and there, mostly just economic creep and teenage thugs using the place to hang out. The side of town montgomery mall is on is slowly becomeing the less econmic advantageous part of towna nd the rest of the city is moving east and north.

That mall failed due to bad management, lack of solid security, and the fact that the other side of town hosted a nicer mall with better stores.

I tell you, I don't know what is uglier, the houdstooth hats or the Dark Pink shirts that read " NEVER FEAR SABANS HERE! :puke:

I was at the shallow end of the gene pool the other night, you know Wal-Mart, and to my dismay I saw a herd of Bammers waddling around this one rack of T-shirts that had the afforementioned slogan on it! OH my it was a sight! :blink:

thejuice5.jpg

83253641_e0598a777d.jpg?v=0

Yup.....Just another day at the good old walmart, or as bammer fans like to say Wall Marts... Man that irritates me.

thejuice5.jpg

83253641_e0598a777d.jpg?v=0

Yup.....Just another day at the good old walmart, or as bammer fans like to say Wall Marts... Man that irritates me.

Hey hey, better watch out...that girl in the pink is BG's woman.

I also grew up in Montgomery, and agree that Montgomery is not the same town as I grew up in. Sure, there's more to do here and places to shop, but let's put it this way. I moved to Prattville and don't miss Montgomery AT ALL.

Hey hey, better watch out...that girl in the pink is BG's woman.

Hardly, my woman wears houndstooth Crocs and Overalls at all times.

Archived