Way to go, Bama

Tiger in Spain

I didn't know it bothered some of them so much or I wouldn't have posted this

beatdown.jpg

Ahhhh, the Beatdown pic that launched a season long craze!

It's all about the start. That is why there has to be a good launch this year as well. I think I got it covered.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I don't appreciate the fact that they think it is HONORABLE to play dirty. I don't appreciate the fact that they are completely disrespectful to other schools when they travel to another school...do their little warrior hula dance on the center logo...and finish it with a big "huah" and they all shoot the bird to the opposing players.

Yeah, that's terrible... man, that's about as bad as a team cheering that they just beat the hell out of your team... oh, wait...

Pot. Kettle. Kettle. Pot. Now that the introductions are over...

Humm...if I remember correctly, it was an SEC crew that traveled to HI in 03. And as far as UW and NW getting screwed, the Big 10 has it's own definition of 'holding' and a Big 10 crew would have to call 5 seasons of Big 10 conference games to see as many attempts as one UH game.

You remember incorrectly. And honestly, we got some bad calls in that game, but it was NOTHING compared to some schools in the recent past.

And I don't appreciate the fact that they think it is HONORABLE to play dirty. I don't appreciate the fact that they are completely disrespectful to other schools when they travel to another school...do their little warrior hula dance on the center logo...and finish it with a big "huah" and they all shoot the bird to the opposing players.

It's not a hula dance. It is a war dance similiar to ones performed by Maori and Samoas. Whether or not the finger is an intergral part of that, I don't know.

If you team did it, it would be taking no **** off of anyone. But because it was done in your face, it's classless. Remind you of another eternal debate?

Oh no, I had no problem with the dance. I was on their forums for a month leading up to the game, and was excited to see it. But after they ALL finished with shooting everyone the bird, I felt it was a little distasteful. Maybe that makes me a whiner, but if they did it to you, you would say the same thing.

And no, I don't think they are dirty just because of what their 40 year old cheerleader did. It's their whole attitude. It's the most personal fouls in a game I've ever seen...it's the CONSTANT late hits. It's them playing with this "as long as its in the name of being a 'warrior' it is ok to play like a punk".

I hope we never ever ever play them again. Their fans were pleasant, for the most part. But their team plays like a bunch of thugs.

I'd rather play Miami.

This coming from a bammer who probably pushed his way through the middle of our Iron Bowl Tiger Walk this year.

Hawaii plays with a chip on their shoulder and beat uat's arse in the past and should have beat them again last season. The reason why you dislike UH is not because of class but merely because they're better than you.

This coming from a bammer who probably pushed his way through the middle of our Iron Bowl Tiger Walk this year.

Hawaii plays with a chip on their shoulder and beat uat's arse in the past and should have beat them again last season. The reason why you dislike UH is not because of class but merely because they're better than you.

They lost 2 out of 3. Remind me how they are better than us?

Secondly, you don't know me. Don't try to project your crap on me. I am one of the most respectful opposing fans you will ever meet. I've been to Auburn, quite a few times, and the only problems I've encountered were from AU fans who went out of their way to run me to down and either A) cuss me because I had a UA hat on, or B start a fight with me because their Wild Turkey bottle had run out.

When I go to Auburn, I tailgate with Auburn people. I sit at the game with Auburn people. We all get along. The last 3 Iron Bowls I've seen in BDS were in the Auburn section (cheaper ticket). Never had any problems.

Look, I know classy teams when I see them. UH is not one of them. Their fans, as I'll say for the 100th time, were not the problem. Their team, doing a dance on our field that they KNOW causes a raised eyebrow...and combining that with a big F&!( You to their hosts? That's not cool. And you know good and well if AU did it, CTT would have 1,000 phone calls to his office on Monday.

Teams that go out of their way to push players out of bounds (every play) are playing dirty. Teams that are the penalized with the most personal fouls are not classy.

Don't act like just because I'm an Alabama fan that I don't know the difference. And don't act like because UH beat us 4 years ago when we were 3-9 that I'm holding some stupid grudge. If that were the case, there'd be a lot of teams that I would be calling dirty right now. Hell, UH beat us ONCE, you guys beat us 5 in a row. If I was going to be bitter and call a team dirty JUST because they beat us, Hawaii would be in the back of the line.

They lost 2 out of 3. Remind me how they are better than us? (WAC vs SEC and uat isn't blowing them away)

Secondly, you don't know me. Don't try to project your crap on me. (I said "probably") I am one of the most respectful opposing fans you will ever meet. I've been to Auburn, quite a few times, and the only problems I've encountered were from AU fans who went out of their way to run me to down and either A) cuss me because I had a UA hat on (I attend uat and never sport my Auburn apparel around tuscaloser. Try not wearing dark pink in Auburn) , or B start a fight with me because their Wild Turkey bottle had run out. (That never happens in Tuscaloser does it?)

When I go to Auburn, I tailgate with Auburn people. I sit at the game with Auburn people. We all get along. The last 3 Iron Bowls I've seen in BDS were in the Auburn section (cheaper ticket). Never had any problems.

Look, I know classy teams when I see them. UH is not one of them. Their fans, as I'll say for the 100th time, were not the problem. Their team, doing a dance on our field that they KNOW causes a raised eyebrow...and combining that with a big F&!( You to their hosts? That's not cool. And you know good and well if AU did it, CTT would have 1,000 phone calls to his office on Monday.(The Haka is a polynesian and UH tradition. Every student in the bammer SS showered the warrior players with insults, racial slurs, and derogatory gestures as they always do when the opposing team runs out, I completely understand why Davone Bess would flip the bama SS off. Once again I get to see this mythical bammer class first hand so don't try and tell me I'm wrong.)

Teams that go out of their way to push players out of bounds (every play) are playing dirty. Teams that are the penalized with the most personal fouls are not classy. (one name comes to mind......Jimmy Johns)

Don't act like just because I'm an Alabama fan that I don't know the difference. And don't act like because UH beat us 4 years ago when we were 3-9 that I'm holding some stupid grudge. If that were the case, there'd be a lot of teams that I would be calling dirty right now. Hell, UH beat us ONCE, you guys beat us 5 in a row. If I was going to be bitter and call a team dirty JUST because they beat us, Hawaii would be in the back of the line.

Yeah we have one guy who gets out of control. Not one team.

And those "racial" slurs? Really? Considering they warmed up on the opposite side of the field, and they come into the stadium on the other side...I think you are reaching. Bottom line, I dont CARE what the fans are saying, you don't disgrace your team NOR the HAKA with something like that.

I was fired up to see the Haka. And then I saw what I saw.

Alabama doesn't have a reputation for playing dirty. Hawaii does. Again, ask Northwestern, Oregon, or Wisconsin.

Bottom line, you don't care whether or not Hawaii plays dirty. You don't care if they are classless. You just care that I'm an Alabama fan. So you instantly jump to the defense of the team that has a history of poor sportsmanship. That's sad. And that's really petty.

So wearing a Bama hat, at the Iron Bowl, makes it RIGHT that I got cussed 7 times between JH and my tailgate? Uh no.

And I attended Bama too. And there were people who wore AU stuff to class. They didn't get cussed. Feel free to wear an Auburn hat. Just like I'd wear a Bama hat if I was unfortunate enough to attend Auburn.

I think fans at a game are different than students in class.

And honestly, the Iron Bowl...there's a REASON for fans to get at each other. And I'm really not bothered by it. You would think that there would be a TOOOON of personal fouls in the Iron Bowl. But it is usually played quite cleanly on both sides, in spite of the rivalry. Hawaii tries to make EVERYONE their bitter rival by chop blocking and slamming people out of bounds. It's weak.

Yeah we have one guy who gets out of control. Not one team.

And those "racial" slurs? Really? Considering they warmed up on the opposite side of the field, and they come into the stadium on the other side...I think you are reaching. Bottom line, I dont CARE what the fans are saying, you don't disgrace your team NOR the HAKA with something like that.

Alabama doesn't have a reputation for playing dirty. Hawaii does. Again, ask Northwestern, Oregon, or Wisconsin.

Bottom line, you don't care whether or not Hawaii plays dirty. You don't care if they are classless. You just care that I'm an Alabama fan. So you instantly jump to the defense of the team that has a history of poor sportsmanship. That's sad. And that's really petty.

So wearing a Bama hat, at the Iron Bowl, makes it RIGHT that I got cussed 7 times between JH and my tailgate? Uh no.

And I attended Bama too. And there were people who wore AU stuff to class. They didn't get cussed. Feel free to wear an Auburn hat. Just like I'd wear a Bama hat if I was unfortunate enough to attend Auburn.

I think fans at a game are different than students in class.

And honestly, the Iron Bowl...there's a REASON for fans to get at each other. And I'm really not bothered by it. You would think that there would be a TOOOON of personal fouls in the Iron Bowl. But it is usually played quite cleanly on both sides, in spite of the rivalry. Hawaii tries to make EVERYONE their bitter rival by chop blocking and slamming people out of bounds. It's weak.

I attempted to give bammers a chance during my first semester. In that first semester I had gum spread on my truck(an AU tag on the front) while I was in class, was told to "shove my orange and blue hat up my A$$" while walking down the quad, was actually spit on by a loud mouthed drunk sorority girl, and was almost arrested after my GF was threatened to take off her Kenny Irons jersey. Don't believe me? here is a fun experiment, walk down the strip with a Auburn shirt on and see what type of reaction you get. You have to forgive me if my faith in the bammer nation to be classy is almost non-existent(bottle incident ring a bell?).

I wish I only got cursed at 7 times during the IB.

The Hawaii team did the Haka in front of the SS.

I will say this....I have heard that Hawaii is king of the cheap shots from several West-Coast friends as well

I never said they weren't. They play with a chip on their shoulder and resemble LSWHO.

I will say this....I have heard that Hawaii is king of the cheap shots from several West-Coast friends as well

It doesn't matter though if they are dirty. TrojanTiger would rather defend a cheap shotting dirty classless team...just to disagree and go against a UA sentiment.

It doesn't matter though if they are dirty. TrojanTiger would rather defend a cheap shotting dirty classless team...just to disagree and go against a UA sentiment.

I just get tired of the classic Bammer Holier than thou attitude that just about all bammers have. Bammers think that for a team to be classy the "uat nation" has to give their approval.

I just get tired of the classic Bammer Holier than thou attitude that just about all bammers have. Bammers think that for a team to be classy the "uat nation" has to give their approval.

Whatever. I've called 2 teams classless...Miami and Hawaii. And I stand by it.

I'm going with Virginia Tech in the classless category. I know, hold the comments about the tragedy. I'm talking about a football team that's been the king of cheap shots and trash talk for years.

much as i hate to say it, trojantiger is giving you too much crap. hawaii has been known to play dirty.

that said, give all of us a break on the "please stop picking on me just because of what team i root for." you know where the door is if you don't like it. you will ALWAYS catch hell from us, and rightly so.

much as i hate to say it, trojantiger is giving you too much crap. hawaii has been known to play dirty.

that said, give all of us a break on the "please stop picking on me just because of what team i root for." you know where the door is if you don't like it. you will ALWAYS catch hell from us, and rightly so.

JUST Because I pull for Bama, doesn't mean you guys can't use basic reason. Sure, you wanna give me crap about Au vs UA. That's cool...especially since you guys own us right now. But when it is something that is just "general football", I don't know that the attitude is warranted. I could be wrong though.

I'm going with Virginia Tech in the classless category. I know, hold the comments about the tragedy. I'm talking about a football team that's been the king of cheap shots and trash talk for years.

You are right, I think they are making a name for themselves. I'll be interested to see if they continue to be labled a dirty team without any Vicks in the story.

You are right, I think they are making a name for themselves. I'll be interested to see if they continue to be labled a dirty team without any Vicks in the story.

The Vicks were only dirty off the field. Most all of the classless play I have seen from them came out of the secondary.

I do not expect that to stop, tragedy or not.

Humm...if I remember correctly, it was an SEC crew that traveled to HI in 03. And as far as UW and NW getting screwed, the Big 10 has it's own definition of 'holding' and a Big 10 crew would have to call 5 seasons of Big 10 conference games to see as many attempts as one UH game.

"Aloha Bama, I'm headed to Toomer's Corner"......Priceless

The only call I would ? was in the MSU game when the WR caught it on 4th down near the UH 25 yard line.

Hawaii got the ball bakc but we still had to go 80+ yards to score the TD...Now are U telling my that MSU who have stopped us all day can't do it again.

MSU are a bunch of crybabys and heres a Video showing the MSU game was Legit...

By the way Purdue came down to hawaii under Joe Tiller who is another crybaby saying **** like I don't wanna come to hawaii and I told the AD to get them off the schedule.

He even asked for PAC-10 refs and they still lost.

First of all the haka is a traditional WAR dance done by the people of New zealand. They do it everytime before a battle or in this case a football game it doesn't mean we want to disrespect the other team it means HEY WERE READY TO PLAY HOW BOUT U.

-Theres the HAKA.

Now if U don't like it then too bad because were still gonna do it.

Actually, my experience with Hawaii fans was really pleasant.

I hope they do well.

U know Bama fans hae been really classy probably the most classiest fans I have seen ever.

Goodluck with Nick Saban and I hope our STUPID ASS AD can get U guys to come down to hawaii or we can go to Alabama either way works.

Allright anyway U guys want to see a dirty team watch this video on ASU this past season...Now that's a dirty team right there.

Anyway goodluck this season to both of your teams..

THE LITTLE DARTH VADERS SHALL RULE THE DAY!!!!

48683205__MG_4270cspw.jpg

First of all the haka is a traditional WAR dance done by the people of New zealand. They do it everytime before a battle or in this case a football game it doesn't mean we want to disrespect the other team it means HEY WERE READY TO PLAY HOW BOUT U.

My Webpage-Theres the HAKA.

Now if U don't like it then too bad because were still gonna do it.

Way to read what I posted there buddy.

I had no problem with the HAKA. I got to my seat early to watch it. I had previously educated myself on it. So I knew what to expect. I did NOT expect to get the middle finger from half of your team. If you think that's classy, then fine. But I don't. I think the Haka is cool. I don't think standing on your host's home turf and giving them the finger is cool.

I sat in the UH section. I didn't have any problem with most of your fans. Some of them acted like they were too "tough" to talk to the locals...but thats fine. I had a problem with the late hits and the cheap shots...and your team, whether you want to admit it or not, has a reputation for it.

No, it has nothing to do with losing to you guys in 03. Like I said, we were 4-9 that year. Everyone beat us.

This has more to do with travel then anyone being scared of Hawaii. Think about the travel to Hawaii for anyone other then a west coast team. Then you need to come back and get ready for the next week and hope you scheduled a cupcake just to make it through the week. Every week in the SEC (or a BCS conference) is a playoff so you need to be on top of your game not practicing with jet lag.

Hawaii is nice but not that nice. Welcome to the money making machine football has become. I am sure schools will be glad to schedule Hawaii at home or maybe even a neutral site.

It also has to do with the number of home games that SEC teams need to play, and the fact that teams like UF don't do Home and Home's with Hawaii's....

:au::homer:

This has more to do with travel then anyone being scared of Hawaii. Think about the travel to Hawaii for anyone other then a west coast team. Then you need to come back and get ready for the next week and hope you scheduled a cupcake just to make it through the week. Every week in the SEC (or a BCS conference) is a playoff so you need to be on top of your game not practicing with jet lag.

Hawaii is nice but not that nice. Welcome to the money making machine football has become. I am sure schools will be glad to schedule Hawaii at home or maybe even a neutral site.

It also has to do with the number of home games that SEC teams need to play, and the fact that teams like UF don't do Home and Home's with Hawaii's....

:au::homer:

Was at the '06 bama game. Great fans at bama. Even tailgated with longtime bama fans. Ate their bar-b-que & ribs. Good time had by all. Heard about the "sign language" during the haka the next day. Shouldn't have happened. Rest assured this was not offered from all players. My nephew had 10 tackles that day for Hawaii. The largest crowd he had ever been in front of may have been 5000 as a junior college player. When you get in front of 92k screaming fans at that age your going to get "pumped" like nothing you have ever known. When you go out on the field to play at this level, surely you must give it your all. I see that some of you and many others comment how one of the reasons for not playing Hawaii at home has to do with the travel, the distance. Consider what Hawaii itself has to do. Been told they travel more miles in a season than any pro football team. Just get your globe out and look at it. So if your from the only division 1 team from the middle of the pacific your going to do almost anything within reason to get a win on the road at a venue like this. They made a bad decision here but I don't recall it being an issue any other time during the season. It was their first game last year.

On Vili, the mascot back home, and the fans in Hawaii, just a reminder, all they have is college football. They don't have a pro team of any kind or several college teams to choose from like Texas & Alabama.

On cheap hits, man you guys got to show us what your talking about. The defense is to pursue, surround and swarm. When the runner gets up he needs to see that the D is going to put a stop to his honorable pursit to score. He is going to pay for this pursuit. Same thing with catching a pass over the middle.

See the attached with Vili in action and one of many fair defensive hits during the season that sends yet another opposing offensive player to the bench to continue his pursuit another week.

This team is for real. They have HEART and only wish to obtain the level of play that Auburn and Alabama have had thru the years. Most of the defensive backfield are JC transfers, heck even Colt Brennan is. Watch this team this year. If they do as well as they are predicted to do, it won't be because of cheap shots, officiating, or unfair play. It will be because of good coaching, good fans and good players that haven't always been the top picks out of high school like your universities get. Somehow June Jones gets these guys to play better than they really are. Or with 5 players from last year being drafted and 6 more free agents, maybe they are that good.

Thanks for letting me on the board. Good luck to both.

Speaking of BBQ, Hawain BBQ is some of the coolest/best stuff you'll ever try outside of the south. The preperation is amazing and the stuff just falls off the bone.

As far as UH football, having seen Colt and Bess in person, I can tell you those guys are the REAL deal.

Colt has pinpoint accuracy and picked apart a pretty good UA secondary.

Bama fans are the trashiest most disrespectful bunch of drunks on the planet. Win or Lose, they want to fight to prove how good their team used to be. Every Iron Bowl I have had incidents with their ignorance. Not once has another Bama fan stepped in. I have seen on rare occasion and AU fan act rude and I myself have stepped in and said WE do not act that way. BG can try all he wants, but his fans are so classless that it is funny he even tries to defend them. Laughable. Congrats on your 6 legit championships many many moons ago, but yall have sucked this entire millennium. Good thing Princeton and Yale fans don't act that way, they have more room to talk.

Speaking of BBQ, Hawain BBQ is some of the coolest/best stuff you'll ever try outside of the south. The preperation is amazing and the stuff just falls off the bone.

As far as UH football, having seen Colt and Bess in person, I can tell you those guys are the REAL deal.

Colt has pinpoint accuracy and picked apart a pretty good UA secondary.

brown_noser.jpg

Come on! stand next to your convictions.

Come on! stand next to your convictions.

I absolutely stand by what I said. I got the bird. And their team plays dirty. But those two players are good. I said so that day. I also had very very few problems with their fans. Unlike you, just because I have problems with someone's team, I see no reason to be a d(&^ to their fans...especially when they are being reasonable.

Bama fans are the trashiest most disrespectful bunch of drunks on the planet. Win or Lose, they want to fight to prove how good their team used to be. Every Iron Bowl I have had incidents with their ignorance. Not once has another Bama fan stepped in. I have seen on rare occasion and AU fan act rude and I myself have stepped in and said WE do not act that way. BG can try all he wants, but his fans are so classless that it is funny he even tries to defend them. Laughable. Congrats on your 6 legit championships many many moons ago, but yall have sucked this entire millennium. Good thing Princeton and Yale fans don't act that way, they have more room to talk.

And your posts just reek of class.

Archived