bammer bball player arrested

kickinwang

Better than probation which is what you guys would really get if anybody starts checking all the pre-paid cards that "friends" have given Bama players.

You are right. Here's what really happened...a 55 year old rich white man decided to morph himself into an 18 year old black kid who was really good at basketball. So good, in fact, that he would get a scholly offer from Bama to play BBall.

He then got in good with Yamene Coleman (a bench player), just so he could transfer out and leave him his student ID that had 200 dollars or less left on it.

Good call.

Didn't say that's what happened here, just that it happens with alarming regularity elsewhere on the bama campus.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't say that's what happened here, just that it happens with alarming regularity elsewhere.

Then that would be a thread to start in the "conspiracy theory" forum...oh wait...

Didn't say that's what happened here, just that it happens with alarming regularity elsewhere.

Then that would be a thread to start in the "conspiracy theory" forum...oh wait...

why? you've already claimed the TPD is out to get him

Guys, if the card is as BG claims and is a debit card for on campus, then 8 times could be nothing more than 8 sodas at the student union. The campuses have card readers even on the soft drink machines. Kim and I have one on her way to UNA now. This could add upto nothing more than $8.00 if it was a campus card.

On the other hand, If the charges ARE for using a DEBIT card, can they actually claim that it is CREDIT card fraud? I need an attorney here. The law is all about parsing words and their meanings.

Better than probation which is what you guys would really get if anybody starts checking all the pre-paid cards that "friends" have given Bama players.

You are right. Here's what really happened...a 55 year old rich white man decided to morph himself into an 18 year old black kid who was really good at basketball. So good, in fact, that he would get a scholly offer from Bama to play BBall.

He then got in good with Yamene Coleman (a bench player), just so he could transfer out and leave him his student ID that had 200 dollars or less left on it.

Good call.

Didn't say that's what happened here, just that it happens with alarming regularity elsewhere on the bama campus.

One of my contacts with AU swears that he has seen an omron file of a prepaid credit card that a bama lineman used to buy rims for his Expedition. It was for $2K. The guy who bought it supposedly paid for it using a check in a drugstore in Foley. I have zero proof of this and I dont vouch for the guy in this instance. But there could be some relephants to g2's claims.

I dont know exactly what happened with Coleman and the "credit card". But......BG is right about the student ID. At the start of every semester, every student is given $300 on their student ID (included in the tuition). They can use it at various places on campus to eat, buy a drink, or order pizza. Now, it is just as easy to get that money off of the card or use another students card. The only thing that would be hard to get is the student ID number. The only way that you can order pizza and pay with a student ID is if you have the ID number.

The ID card system is really lame, it is not the most secure. I have friends that tip a friend that happens to work at Dominos the entire amount of money left on their card. They would give that friend a cut of the money and take the rest. So, say they would tip $100. They would give their friend a cut of $20. Obviously, it would have to be someone they trusted.

Either way what Coleman did is not within the rules, he should be punished.

Who's rules? He should be punished? Dude I used my friend's act cards all the time when I was at UA. I knew a ton of people who never used their act card money. They'd give it to me and let me take it to the Ferg all the time...

And you think that's worthy of a FELONY record?

Yamene this guy's innocent?

good one..... :lol:

If I remember correctly, you could not cash out your ACT card. They had just started it when I got there in 96. That might be why these kids give their card to friends upon leaving campus.

Who's rules? He should be punished? Dude I used my friend's act cards all the time when I was at UA. I knew a ton of people who never used their act card money. They'd give it to me and let me take it to the Ferg all the time...

Seriously, BG. If it was a simple case of the guy using his friend's card it could and would have been cleared up with a simple phone call by either the investigating officer or the DA. They would not have gone to the trouble they did if it were nothing more than that.

If they backpedal now? I told you, I'm calling cover up.

Defend it all you want BG...

I'm thinking there were KNOWN rules pertaining to "right and wrong" here...

Someone made a concious decision...

No matter what the "innocent" intentions...

Even if there weren't rules in 36 font BOLD type on the card, how many meetings do college athletes go to encouraging the review of all financial decisions you make while enrolled in an NCAA athletics program? He knew his name wasn't on that card....

I don't feel sorry for this kid.... Sorry.... Even with the name...sheesh.....

:rolleyes:

Seriously, BG. If it was a simple case of the guy using his friend's card it could and would have been cleared up with a simple phone call by either the investigating officer or the DA. They would not have gone to the trouble they did if it were nothing more than that.

You'd call cover up if they didn't arrest the whole team. You call cover up on a weekly basis. It's hackneyed.

You'd call cover up if they didn't arrest the whole team. You call cover up on a weekly basis. It's hackneyed.

Even if we thought you were serious in this discussion, (which I sincerely hope you aren't) you would be arguing for a slippery slope that would lead to more probation and thus blaming of Tennessee for your self-inflicted football woes. You kill what little credibility you have with trying to defend a Bama player's alleged illegal actions. Use common sense here like everyone else.

Good call.

One of my contacts with AU swears that he has seen an omron file of a prepaid credit card that a bama lineman used to buy rims for his Expedition. It was for $2K. The guy who bought it supposedly paid for it using a check in a drugstore in Foley. I have zero proof of this and I dont vouch for the guy in this instance. But there could be some relephants to g2's claims.

i don't know anywhere; i repeat, anywhere in Foley that would accept a check for a prepaid credit card. we polled all the local merchants who sell a prepaid credit card on policies (we do this once every few months, sometimes less if we "know" one merchant better than the other) about a month ago and this had not changed. we don't do it either. ESPECIALLY for $2000. thats kind of a dumb thing for a merchant to do, you're basically asking to get scammed out of $2000.

Even if we thought you were serious in this discussion, (which I sincerely hope you aren't) you would be arguing for a slippery slope that would lead to more probation and thus blaming of Tennessee for your self-inflicted football woes. You kill what little credibility you have with trying to defend a Bama player's alleged illegal actions. Use common sense here like everyone else.

Why does no one want to answer my question?

Should someone go to jail for using a prepaid card that was given to them? If I gave someone cash, should they go to jail for using it? If not, why should Yamene in this case? It's essentially cash, on a card.

What's really sad, you guys hate Alabama so much, that you would rather take the anti-alabama side...and see this kid go to jail (for something YOU KNOW isn't a big deal)...then take the kids side. That's freaking awful. AWFUL.

Half of you people don't even care about basketball. But since this 19 year old kid decided to play ball in Tuscaloosa, you think PRISON is a justifiable punishment. You are so full of yourselves and your petty UA hatred, that you think it's fair for someone's LIFE to be ruined.

Get over yourselves. Put the stupid rivalry aside for a second. Stop acting like a bunch of children.

Good call.

i don't know anywhere; i repeat, anywhere in Foley that would accept a check for a prepaid credit card. we polled all the local merchants who sell a prepaid credit card on policies (we do this once every few months, sometimes less if we "know" one merchant better than the other) about a month ago and this had not changed. we don't do it either. ESPECIALLY for $2000. thats kind of a dumb thing for a merchant to do, you're basically asking to get scammed out of $2000.

This booster was a very popular local figure and the store was a very large chain drugstore so I dont know what you are calling a "merchant." I am not allowed to say more. The omron guy was pretty specific about it. I do not vouche for him tho. I only know the guy from seeing his posts on other forums.

Good call.

This booster was a very popular local figure and the store was a very large chain drugstore so I dont know what you are calling a "merchant." I am not allowed to say more. The omron guy was pretty specific about it. I do not vouche for him tho. I only know the guy from seeing his posts on other forums.

by merchant, i mean anybody that sells things (in this case prepaid credit cards). the only large chain drugstores we have are CVS and Walgreens. CVS is right across the street and Walgreens is 2 blocks down. then we have Rite-Aid, which is basically in our parking lot. man i've chased plenty of shoplifters to Rite-Aid and CVS.....

Good call.

by merchant, i mean anybody that sells things (in this case prepaid credit cards). the only large chain drugstores we have are CVS and Walgreens. CVS is right across the street and Walgreens is 2 blocks down. then we have Rite-Aid, which is basically in our parking lot. man i've chased plenty of shoplifters to Rite-Aid and CVS.....

And there you go...

Good call.

And there you go...

and again, none of them take checks for prepaid credit cards. they won't even take a check for a prepaid phone card. thats uber stupid. and if they've got enough money to write a $2000 check, why wouldn't they just use cash when thats kinda hard to trace. a check is pretty obvious.

Good call.

And there you go...

and again, none of them take checks for prepaid credit cards. they won't even take a check for a prepaid phone card. thats uber stupid. and if they've got enough money to write a $2000 check, why wouldn't they just use cash when thats kinda hard to trace. a check is pretty obvious.

Maybe he just never thought anyone would catch him. The story goes from rims in Bham. There were two pre-paid ccs on a check and maybe more merchandise too. Maybe they run insta-checks where the checks actually work more like debit cards.

What did you ever her about Ivey Williams btw?

Why does no one want to answer my question?

Should someone go to jail for using a prepaid card that was given to them? If I gave someone cash, should they go to jail for using it? If not, why should Yamene in this case? It's essentially cash, on a card.

What's really sad, you guys hate Alabama so much, that you would rather take the anti-alabama side...and see this kid go to jail (for something YOU KNOW isn't a big deal)...then take the kids side. That's freaking awful. AWFUL.

Half of you people don't even care about basketball. But since this 19 year old kid decided to play ball in Tuscaloosa, you think PRISON is a justifiable punishment. You are so full of yourselves and your petty UA hatred, that you think it's fair for someone's LIFE to be ruined.

Get over yourselves. Put the stupid rivalry aside for a second. Stop acting like a bunch of children.

Why won't you answer the real question here? If this was simply a case of a guy using his friend's card to buy a pizza as you've claimed, do you truly expect anyone to believe that the investigating officer or the district attorney wouldn't have just picked up the phone, verified the story and cut the guy loose? It costs taxpayer money to prosecute someone. It takes people's time and energy. They don't go around looking to frame up Alabama athletes just for kicks and giggles. It stretches the bounds of credulity for you to ask anyone to accept the innocent scenario you suggest. It's not bama persecution or hate for a kid just because he plays there. You're asking us to accept as the unvarnished truth a story that on the surface makes absolutely no sense and contradicts the facts that have been presented.

Even if he's prosecuted and convicted he's not going to pound me in the ass prison or anything anyway. First offense, repay and probation probably. Nobody's asking or anticipating that he'll be put in a cell with Charles Manson for life or anything.

Fact is, BG, if they whitewash this thing by claiming it was all a misunderstanding you can bet somebody is covering something up.

Fact is, BG, if they whitewash this thing by claiming it was all a misunderstanding you can bet somebody is covering something up.

Well isn't that convienent. You've created a scenario where it's impossible for you to lose. Either A) He's a true criminal because my story is crazy...you win. Because it would support your idea that anyone playing for Alabama has character issues...or b, if my story does wash out...and the guy is NOT the devil...then it's a cover up. And not only is the guy probably the devil and a criminal, but you've just indicted the entire university of alabama and the tuscaloosa police dept as a bunch of crooks. Which is REALLY a win for you.

Tell you what...if no Auburn players get arrested this summer, then that just means that the entire athletic dept and Auburn police dept is crooked and they are covering up a ton of AU athletes transgressions.

Now we both win. Alabama is full of criminals, and Auburn is too.

Archived