bammer bball player arrested

kickinwang

Fact is, BG, if they whitewash this thing by claiming it was all a misunderstanding you can bet somebody is covering something up.

Well isn't that convienent. You've created a scenario where it's impossible for you to lose. Either A) He's a true criminal because my story is crazy...you win. Because it would support your idea that anyone playing for Alabama has character issues...or b, if my story does wash out...and the guy is NOT the devil...then it's a cover up. And not only is the guy probably the devil and a criminal, but you've just indicted the entire university of alabama and the tuscaloosa police dept as a bunch of crooks. Which is REALLY a win for you.

Tell you what...if no Auburn players get arrested this summer, then that just means that the entire athletic dept and Auburn police dept is crooked and they are covering up a ton of AU athletes transgressions.

Now we both win. Alabama is full of criminals, and Auburn is too.

You ignored the question again. Why?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fact is, BG, if they whitewash this thing by claiming it was all a misunderstanding you can bet somebody is covering something up.

Well isn't that convienent. You've created a scenario where it's impossible for you to lose. Either A) He's a true criminal because my story is crazy...you win. Because it would support your idea that anyone playing for Alabama has character issues...or b, if my story does wash out...and the guy is NOT the devil...then it's a cover up. And not only is the guy probably the devil and a criminal, but you've just indicted the entire university of alabama and the tuscaloosa police dept as a bunch of crooks. Which is REALLY a win for you.

Tell you what...if no Auburn players get arrested this summer, then that just means that the entire athletic dept and Auburn police dept is crooked and they are covering up a ton of AU athletes transgressions.

Now we both win. Alabama is full of criminals, and Auburn is too.

You ignored the question again. Why?

I'm not ignoring anything. Your whole point is based on me being a liar or UA putting out a lie to cover up some far reaching conspiracy that involves the entire university and all local law enforcement...including the DA. So I posed a counterpoint to that notion.

Another issue that you don't seem to get is that just because its a felony by letter of the law, they probably won't prosecute to the extent.

They will offer him a plea bargain or lesser sentence.

Assuming my scenario is what happened...there's no reason why he should have to plea anything. He should have never been charged.

I'm not ignoring anything. Your whole point is based on me being a liar or UA putting out a lie to cover up some far reaching conspiracy that involves the entire university and all local law enforcement...including the DA. So I posed a counterpoint to that notion.

I stayed out of this, because I truly don't care what Bama B-ball players do off the court. Meh.

However, I'm calling BS on you Bamagrad. You are puffing your chest out like this Student ID/Debit Card scenario is factual. When someone asks for proof you respond with a "Sigh, no link yet. Give it time," still offering no proof.

In a court of law, you are innocent until proven guilty. In the court of public opinion, you are guilty once you have an arrest record.

Since you cannot provide any proof that this scenario took place, I'm assuming you got this information from the same source who told you the Bama players never lifted weights while at UA. I'll say this, you're good at spouting off the company line.

[preemptive strike]And, no, I'm not calling you a liar. I just think you are passing along information that a liar gave to you. [/preemptive strike][

I stayed out of this, because I truly don't care what Bama B-ball players do off the court. Meh.

However, I'm calling BS on you Bamagrad. You are puffing your chest out like this Student ID/Debit Card scenario is factual. When someone asks for proof you respond with a "Sigh, no link yet. Give it time," still offering no proof.

In a court of law, you are innocent until proven guilty. In the court of public opinion, you are guilty once you have an arrest record.

Since you cannot provide any proof that this scenario took place, I'm assuming you got this information from the same source who told you the Bama players never lifted weights while at UA. I'll say this, you're good at spouting off the company line.

[preemptive strike]And, no, I'm not calling you a liar. I just think you are passing along information that a liar gave to you. [/preemptive strike][

My information is solid. I'm not going to say where it came from...but it's very VERY close to the program. And my info on the weight lifting thing is dead on too. You don't have to believe any of it if you don't want to. You can keep telling yourself that the only reason Alabama lost was because they are Alabama...not because they had a bunch of guys who were out of shape (see losing most of our games in the 4th quarter).

I'm not going to begrudge you the opportunity to make yourself feel better.

I don't have a link. But if I had a link, it wouldn't matter. You guys would just say "yeah but that's a cover up". So honestly, I don't care whether you believe me or not. It wouldn't be the first time you guys turned your head away from obvious fact...just to take the anti-Bama party line.

My information is solid. I'm not going to say where it came from...but it's very VERY close to the program. And my info on the weight lifting thing is dead on too. You don't have to believe any of it if you don't want to. You can keep telling yourself that the only reason Alabama lost was because they are Alabama...not because they had a bunch of guys who were out of shape (see losing most of our games in the 4th quarter).

I'm not going to begrudge you the opportunity to make yourself feel better.

I don't have a link. But if I had a link, it wouldn't matter. You guys would just say "yeah but that's a cover up". So honestly, I don't care whether you believe me or not. It wouldn't be the first time you guys turned your head away from obvious fact...just to take the anti-Bama party line.

It goes the other way, too. You need to stop imagining that the only reason you lost was that "the players didn't work out." That's VERY hard to believe, but it helps your medicine go down, therefore you accept it as fact. Just don't expect me to.

If both of these things are true, why hasn't the media picked up on this yet? Probably because neither is true. I take that back. Who knows about the B-ball guy? Its too soon to say its PROBABLY not true. But your immediate effort to "tell the REAL story" sounds way to fishy to be believable. Good day.

It goes the other way, too. You need to stop imagining that the only reason you lost was that "the players didn't work out." That's VERY hard to believe, but it helps your medicine go down, therefore you accept it as fact. Just don't expect me to.

So I guess it's safe to say...you don't expect UA to do better than 6-6 ever again?

So I guess it's safe to say...you don't expect UA to do better than 6-6 ever again?

where the hell did that come from? they went 10-2 "without working out". forget about that? they also lost to :au: in the FIRST quarter that year. but yes, that was certainly because of a physical mismatch. maybe all that weight room ps2 had finally caught up with them.

bg, you are the most uber-defensive apologist i've ever come across. does puckering your starfish never get tiring? i don't think i would find it all that fun to spin around deflecting lies and accusations as often as you do. you're a true saint.

Either way what Coleman did is not within the rules, he should be punished.

Who's rules? He should be punished? Dude I used my friend's act cards all the time when I was at UA. I knew a ton of people who never used their act card money. They'd give it to me and let me take it to the Ferg all the time...

And you think that's worthy of a FELONY record?

I dont think it should result in a felony, but it still is wrong. Its misrepresenting yourself, for all we know he could have stolen the card.

Either way what Coleman did is not within the rules, he should be punished.

Who's rules? He should be punished? Dude I used my friend's act cards all the time when I was at UA. I knew a ton of people who never used their act card money. They'd give it to me and let me take it to the Ferg all the time...

And you think that's worthy of a FELONY record?

I dont think it should result in a felony, but it still is wrong. Its misrepresenting yourself, for all we know he could have stolen the card.

If he stole the card, then yeah, he should be punished. But if his FRIEND GAVE him the card, I see no problem with it. I ordered pizza with my friends cards while at Bama.

If he stole the card, then yeah, he should be punished. But if his FRIEND GAVE him the card, I see no problem with it. I ordered pizza with my friends cards while at Bama.

Were you ever arrested? Care to wonder why?

If his friend gave him the card and his friend had a phone, the guy would never have been arrested or charged, BG. Tha's what I'm trying to tell you.

The investigating officer would have called the friend and verified the story. In fact, in the case of credit card fraud, 99% of the time they will call the person to whom the card is issued before even following up on it in the first place. Credit card fraud cases generally aren't brought unless the person to whom the card was issued has filed a report stating that the card is stolen.

The police don't just go around looking for bogus cases to prosecute so they can look like fools in the media.

Were you ever arrested? Care to wonder why?

If his friend gave him the card and his friend had a phone, the guy would never have been arrested or charged, BG. Tha's what I'm trying to tell you.

The investigating officer would have called the friend and verified the story. In fact, in the case of credit card fraud, 99% of the time they will call the person to whom the card is issued before even following up on it in the first place. Credit card fraud cases generally aren't brought unless the person to whom the card was issued has filed a report stating that the card is stolen.

The police don't just go around looking for bogus cases to prosecute so they can look like fools in the media.

Especially if it is a prominent individual.

Try again.

Deflecting my questions/statements, doesn't make them less valid.

Your point...

..."We went 6-6 because _________ ."

My point...

..."You think _______ happened, yet can offer no proof aside from 'what Jim-Bob Tidesmylife1234 told me on teh internets'. Aside from that _____ isn't the reason you went 6-6 in the first place."

We can dance this dance all night, just fill in the blanks for me. Just keep deflecting and keep imagining the story that your 'reliable source' feeds you is true.

My point...

..."You think _______ happened, yet can offer no proof aside from 'what Jim-Bob Tidesmylife1234 told me on teh internets'. Aside from that _____ isn't the reason you went 6-6 in the first place."

We can dance this dance all night, just fill in the blanks for me. Just keep deflecting and keep imagining the story that your 'reliable source' feeds you is true.

My reliable source is football players and trainers. I mean I never interviewed Shula himself, but the people I talk to are quite involved with the program.

where the hell did that come from? they went 10-2 "without working out". forget about that? they also lost to :au: in the FIRST quarter that year. but yes, that was certainly because of a physical mismatch. maybe all that weight room ps2 had finally caught up with them.

bg, you are the most uber-defensive apologist i've ever come across. does puckering your starfish never get tiring? i don't think i would find it all that fun to spin around deflecting lies and accusations as often as you do. you're a true saint.

Hey, wait just a darn minute. Auburn might have ps2s, but we have XBOX 360s. Only the best for our players.... :big:

Hey, wait just a darn minute. Auburn might have ps2s, but we have XBOX 360s. Only the best for our players.... :big:

See, Saban strikes me as more of a Wii kind of guy.

See, Saban strikes me as more of a Wii kind of guy.

Saban's a Nintendo man!!!!

Archived