VS series SEC fullbacks Hester and Hillis

BamaGrad03

Guys, I'm going to start this thing, don't know if it will take off or not. But to give us something to talk about until September I thought we could start some threads on 2 top players in the SEC at a given position...and talk about who's better.

For fullbacks, I think it's safe to say LSU's Hester and Arky's Hillis are the top two (most proven) fullbacks. Assuming Carl Stewart isn't in this debate (though he'd be a close 3rd in the SEC IMO), talk about who you'd rather have on your team...and who you'd rather not face.

Personally, I'm more concerned about facing Hillis than I am Hester. Hester is faster and a better runner. But man Peyton can flat out catch the ball. He burned us a couple of times with acrobatic catches.

What do you guys think?

I don't know BG. I bet Carl Stewart has better stats this year than both of those guys combined. Al Borges has let it be known that Carl Stewart is going to be a big chunk of our offense this year. You know what he did to the Bammer defense last year and he's bigger and faster this year. He's a bad man.

But I agree with you about Hillis. He reminds me of Brandon Johnson, tough as nails.

I agreee. I think Stewart is going to tear it up for a little while in the NFL. The guy is too talented. He was seriously under used last year, if you ask me (along with McKinzie - and all the TEs). Put the kid behind the QB, line him up in the slot, or put him out wide... just give him the ball.

I was honestly trying to get something going that didn't involve our respective teams. That way objectivity can be more at hand.

I was honestly trying to get something going that didn't involve our respective teams. That way objectivity can be more at hand.

You should focus on place kickers and punters. That will keep us from bragging on our on players.

Archived