Breakfast with Saban....

AuburnChopper1

nickspeechcx7.jpg

"SILENCE!!!!!! Just sit there, eat your F'n pancakes and write this down!"

Knowing how much Saban "LOVES" the media, and how much they love him back, this should be the true definition of "media zoo" tomorrow morning. :rolleyes:

...go ahead...caption the picture! :thumbsup:

nickspeechcx7.jpg

"There will be no questions after I speak. My job comes first and if I don't have to meet with the President then I'm not about to lower myself wasting any time conversing with you parasites."

nickspeechcx7.jpg

Brian I agree that Caddyshack 2 is the best movie ever made :big:

By the way I have a beatdown coming soon!

And then I put my hands on the wall and He took control

"Do not f'ing ask for more Mrs Maplesworths. You will not f'ing get it, you coonass ditch digging rednecks. You have to f'ing earn Nick's syrup. Now, WORSHIP ME!"

nickspeechcx7.jpg

Attention. May I have your attention please. HEY, GIVE ME YOUR F'ING ATTENTION! Thank you. I would like to invite everyone here to visit Nick Saban's Grey Suit Warehouse in downtown Tuscaloosa, next to Krystals. Now someone get me some orange juice!

nickspeechcx7.jpg

Attention. May I have your attention please. HEY, GIVE ME YOUR F'ING ATTENTION! Thank you. I would like to invite everyone here to visit Nick Saban's Grey Suit Warehouse in downtown Tuscaloosa, next to Krystals. Now someone get me some orange juice!

:roflol: For the win! For the win! +15 for you.

nickspeechcx7.jpg

Attention. May I have your attention please. HEY, GIVE ME YOUR F'ING ATTENTION! Thank you. I would like to invite everyone here to visit Nick Saban's Grey Suit Warehouse in downtown Tuscaloosa, next to Krystals. Now someone get me some f-ng orange juice!

Fixed it for you Supper. B)

nickspeechcx7.jpg

Yes, yes...... this is REALLY what he looked like just before they threw him into the police car outside of the bar......... next question please!!! Anyone? Anyone?

Hold out your hands!

Stick out your tush!

Hands on your hips!

Give 'em a push!

"I'm not paying you to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City homer-sexuals"

"You don't say much friend but when you do it's to the point. I applaud you."

Why are you guys so jealous of Saban?

isn't everyone? the "second coming of idol worship" is too powerful to resist. :homer:

We're Saban heretics. We believe that it is the color crimson that brings out the ignorant in people.

Why are you guys so jealous of Saban?

We're not jealous of Saban, we just like making fun of the Tide fan's obsession with him.

Here's the latest spin from the bhamnews. A "peer-intervention group"? Talk about letting the inmates run the asylum.

Link

Teammates aid in Tide discipline

Friday, July 27, 2007

IAN R. RAPOPORT

News staff writer

University of Alabama football coach Nick Saban harps on accountability as much as any of the character traits he attempts to instill in his players.

That's on the field and off.

With that in mind, Saban installed a "peer-intervention group" :roflol: to deal internally with any disciplinary issues that may arise. If a player is walking astray, he must be judged by his teammates.

"We get together as the self-policing unit on the team," Alabama center Antoine Caldwell said Thursday at SEC Media Days. "If a guy messes up, we kind of decide the punishment in-house. Coach Saban, of course, he's the dictator. But he's open to listening to what we have to say."

Saban plans to handle all discipline internally. So he did not disclose whatever punishments have been assigned to three recently arrested players - reserves Brandon Deaderick, Roy Upchurch and Brandon Fanney. They were arrested following a disturbance in front of The Legacy bar on the Tuscaloosa Strip on July 14.

Fanney and Upchurch were charged with disorderly conduct. Deaderick was accused of giving a fake name to the police, criminal mischief and resisting arrest.

Players said they did not know what those punishments would be. None are suspended right now, Saban said.

"These players have been given things they need to do, and they are doing them," said Saban, in his first appearance at SEC Media Days as the Crimson Tide's coach. "If they do them properly, they won't face any suspensions or anything that will affect their ability to perform on the field. However, if they don't do those things, then the consequences could affect their ability to represent the University of Alabama on the football field."

The issues of discipline and punishment have been front and center for the UA football team since before the 2006 season.

For instance, linebacker Juwan Simpson, who was arrested last summer, did not know he was suspended for the Louisiana-Monroe game until that day. While Saban isn't one to address past policies, he is trying to minimize such issues.

The peer intervention group is one attempt. So far, that has worked as a deterrent to bad behavior, said All-SEC cornerback Simeon Castille. Except for the small little riot with the police.

"You don't want to go in front of your peers and explain to them why you can't go to class," he said. "I've never been a part of it before. I like it." Simeon, the devil will get you for lying.

Saban chose three players from each class, along with three or so wildcards to make up the group.

Caldwell and Castille are on it, and so are John Parker Wilson, Wallace Gilberry,D.J. HallDidn't he have some dealings with an agent two years ago? and others. The younger members include Charlie Higgenbotham and Terry Grant.

They meet, discuss the infraction, and recommend a punishment to Saban. The coach then decides whether to add, subtract, or punish as his group advised.

"Guys that should be looked at as leaders," Caldwell said. "Guys who do the right thing. Coach Saban does a good job of giving us input in this football team."

Caldwell apologized for the actions of the recently arrested players.

The group also attempts to stop problems before they happen.

"If a player is not going to class, he'll get a certain amount of (disciplinary) points, then he has to come before the group," Castille said. "Maybe he has to go to 6 a.m. study hall. You don't want to do that."We know you don't like to do that Simeon, that's why you stayed home for the Cotton Bowl two years ago.

Saban, assessing his team's expectations, pleaded with his fan base to take a realistic look at his program. The team went 6-7 last season, won just two conference games, and has not had a substantial influx of new players.

Nine starters return on offense and five return on defense. Finding stability on the latter unit is paramount for success.

"We don't have a lot of depth (in the front seven)," Saban said. "We don't have a lot of size. We're going to have to adapt the way we do things, probably, to be able to persevere this year." Translation - please don't throw a brick thru my window.

That's the idea: Take the same players, with new attitudes, new disciplinary values, a new emphasis on conditioning, and lead them to new success.

E-mail: irapoport@bhamnews.com

Castille said. "Maybe he has to go to 6 a.m. study hall. You don't want to do that."
I know how he feels--I don't care much for ice cream at 6:00 a.m. either. :big:

nickspeechcx7.jpg

...go ahead...caption the picture! :thumbsup:

Okay....I'll take a stab at it.....

"This is the answer...TEN."

The question? "How many IBs will AU win in a row before we change coaches AGAIN?"

Archived