bonds tainted 756

chinook

Don't recall ever owning any of his cards - never liked the guy. It was especially sweet that Sid Bream scored on him in the 1992 NLCS for me.

I got a couple of his rookie cards too...SWEET!!! the * will probably make them worth even more.

Also, did anyone see how he just brushed off his son last night??? I felt sorry for the kid. His boy was sittig there waiting for him, gave him a big hug, and Barry just pointed toward the sky and walked away. I am not sure if he was just walking on clouds and didn't mean to or what...but he sure blew off his son...

Forget the roids and whatever else he did....he is an absolute punk. I gave him the same treatment last night as I have done for the past couple of years....I just don't care. Unfortunately, he will probably be dead at an early age before A-Rod breaks his record in a few years. If he is still alive, I do hope that his pride takes a beating that day.

Forget the roids and whatever else he did....he is an absolute punk. I gave him the same treatment last night as I have done for the past couple of years....I just don't care. Unfortunately, he will probably be dead at an early age before A-Rod breaks his record in a few years. If he is still alive, I do hope that his pride takes a beating that day.

When I was watching the game last night, one of the announcers said that now Conseco (sp?) is saying he has something on A Rod too. What do you guys think of that? For the most part, I believe most of what Conseco has said. I think he is a media whore, but I think he does have some dirt on people.

When I was watching the game last night, one of the announcers said that now Conseco (sp?) is saying he has something on A Rod too. What do you guys think of that? For the most part, I believe most of what Conseco has said. I think he is a media whore, but I think he does have some dirt on people.

I have actually wondered about that before. If it's true, I would put an asterisk on any future records he held too, but would still want him to break Bonds' record just to put the a**hole in his place.

I got a couple of his rookie cards too...SWEET!!! the * will probably make them worth even more.

Also, did anyone see how he just brushed off his son last night??? I felt sorry for the kid. His boy was sittig there waiting for him, gave him a big hug, and Barry just pointed toward the sky and walked away. I am not sure if he was just walking on clouds and didn't mean to or what...but he sure blew off his son...

I was thinking the same thing. In fact, when he hit 73, I always thought his celebration with his son always seemed fake to me. I understand I have Cardinal colored glasses on, but I always thought that with Big Mac celebrating with his son, it seemed natural.

I view baseball players as just that. Baseball players. I don't put them on a pedestal and let it taint my image of the game itself.

Sure, the guy's a jerk, but he's been on his way to Cooperstown LOOOONG before he ever became a hom run wizard. Can't fault the guy for his lack of social skills or social responsibility. Some people just use the opportunity in the spotlight differently than others. He chooses to be a raging idiot, let it be so. But don't take away what he's done on the field, steroids or no steroids. He still has to hit the ball.

Do I think the records tainted? Sure do. But complaining about it won't make it go away. And it won't put an asterisk beside the record. For now.....

I have several of his cards I think Ill hold on to them for awhile

Actually, I wouldn't do that. I have the entire set that has his rookie card (Topps), and will get rid of it as soon as possible now. I learned the lesson after Cal Ripken Jr. broke the consecutive games record. I still have his rookie card, but it is worth about $25 now. It was going for $110 soon after the record was broken.

Yeah, the guys a bastage. No doubt about that. So was Ty Cobb. I don't see any great movement afoot to take him out of the record books. There's been a lot of innuendo, but no proof. Until the guy tests positive, the only thing to say is "Congratulations."

That being said, I wish it could have been achieved by a better ambassador for the game.

Yeah, the guys a bastage. No doubt about that. So was Ty Cobb. I don't see any great movement afoot to take him out of the record books. There's been a lot of innuendo, but no proof. Until the guy tests positive, the only thing to say is "Congratulations."

That being said, I wish it could have been achieved by a better ambassador for the game.

I couldn't have said it ANY better myself. Sure the guy's an idiotic a-hole in the public eye, but I think that could partially be blamed on the media. And his lack of good social skills! But that aside, he still had to be there and take his cuts to accomplish such a feat.

No, you can't blame the media...he was a pre-madonna even in college. I heard a story that the players voted him off the team while he was at ASU. I can't verify that but I heard t on sports talk a couple of days ago.

So, anyone see any similarities between Bonds and Saban?

I have several of his cards I think Ill hold on to them for awhile

Actually, I wouldn't do that. I have the entire set that has his rookie card (Topps), and will get rid of it as soon as possible now. I learned the lesson after Cal Ripken Jr. broke the consecutive games record. I still have his rookie card, but it is worth about $25 now. It was going for $110 soon after the record was broken.

good point, on other card note I need to purchase a Ken Griffey Jr 89 Upper Deck rookie card! Its the only rookie card of his I dont Have

Don't recall ever owning any of his cards - never liked the guy. It was especially sweet that Sid Bream scored on him in the 1992 NLCS for me.

Sid, with his 7.0 flat forty time. :roflol:

There's plenty of evidence.

I've heard innuendo.

I've heard innuendo.

We may know alot more by fall:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...-7.html?ref=rss

Archived