Sabahr vs press, Round 14..15...16??

quietfan

More sand in his vagina:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere....xml&coll=3

ALABAMA NOTEBOOK: Saban happy with defense, mad at media

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

. . .

-- THERE IS NO DEPTH CHART: Once again, Saban made it clear Tuesday afternoon that he's upset at media members who have written about the Crimson Tide's depth chart or the lack of one.

During interviews Monday, wide receiver DJ Hall and quarterback John Parker Wilson volunteered -- without being prompted or questioned about the depth chart -- that sophomore wide receiver Mike McCoy worked with the No. 1 offense in Saturday's scrimmage. Wilson also informed media members that Mike Johnson was working with the starting offense at right tackle. Backup quarterback Greg McElroy told media members that he worked exclusively with the No. 2 offense.

"If they make a comment about the depth chart, you're just putting them in harm's way," Saban said. "We don't have a depth chart and our players are not supposed to evaluate other players. You guys are going around the back door and you're putting them on the spot and I don't think that's fair to them. (Hey Nick--Read the previous paragraph...DJ Hall & Sarah Jessica volunteered the comments, they were not prompted or questioned by the press! If you want to fuss at someone, chew them out not the reporters!)

"We don't have a depth chart now. I don't know why (you) guys can't get that out of your minds. The depth chart means nothing until the first game. Why does something have to be final before it's final? It's not final until we play the game and then it's final for that game. Then it may change after that.

"You guys are so result-oriented. You have to know what it is right now and the final results. We're still training for the race and trying to get everybody to improve.

"It's not trying to keep a secret or not wanting anybody to know. From a competitive standpoint, I want all the players to feel like they have an opportunity and a chance."

I really can't believe that these guys were allowed to speak. Hasn't it been Saban's policy everywhere he has been that players and assistant coaches are off limits to reporters?

Way to overreact there, Nick.

I thought his blowup on the press was not needed...but listening to all the player interviews, the press was trying to pry depth chart info out of them.

Saban had some really good reasoning behind his no depth chart questions rule...but he presented said reasoning like a total d***head.

I thought his blowup on the press was not needed...but listening to all the player interviews, the press was trying to pry depth chart info out of them.

Saban had some really good reasoning behind his no depth chart questions rule...but he presented said reasoning like a total d***head.

Fair response.

But seriously, $aban sounds like he is teetering on the verge of a complete meltdown.

Saban had some really good reasoning behind his no depth chart questions rule...but he presented said reasoning like a total d***head, which is his default mode of communication.

There. That's a bit more accurate.

Fair response.

But seriously, $aban sounds like he is teetering on the verge of a complete meltdown.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's a meltdown. I think it's his normal demeanor.

I think that his total meltdown won't occur until the LSU game (November 3). I really do feel he'll probably make it that far; the fans will give that to him. BUT, I think that he will just blow up when he has to deal with LSU/Les Miles/the press. This may happen earlier (the FSU game on September 29), but I'm betting ole Nicky will hold it in longer than that. Stuff like this one (players volunteering information he didn't want let out) are just minor eruptions.

I saw this idea on another board. Let's all pitch in and get one of those airplane banner thingies to fly over Bama's practice and have it say "Got Depth Chart". B)

I saw this idea on another board. Let's all pitch in and get one of those airplane banner thingies to fly over Bama's practice and have it say "Got Depth Chart". B)

I've got a dollar.

More sand in his vagina:

. . .

-- THERE IS NO DEPTH CHART: Once again, Saban made it clear Tuesday afternoon that he's upset at media members who have written about the Crimson Tide's depth chart or the lack of one.

During interviews Monday, wide receiver DJ Hall and quarterback John Parker Wilson volunteered -- without being prompted or questioned about the depth chart -- that sophomore wide receiver Mike McCoy worked with the No. 1 offense in Saturday's scrimmage. Wilson also informed media members that Mike Johnson was working with the starting offense at right tackle. Backup quarterback Greg McElroy told media members that he worked exclusively with the No. 2 offense.

"If they make a comment about the depth chart, you're just putting them in harm's way," Saban said. "We don't have a depth chart and our players are not supposed to evaluate other players. You guys are going around the back door and you're putting them on the spot and I don't think that's fair to them. (Hey Nick--Read the previous paragraph...DJ Hall & Sarah Jessica volunteered the comments, they were not prompted or questioned by the press! If you want to fuss at someone, chew them out not the reporters!)

"We don't have a depth chart now. I don't know why (you) guys can't get that out of your minds. The depth chart means nothing until the first game. Why does something have to be final before it's final? It's not final until we play the game and then it's final for that game. Then it may change after that.

"You guys are so result-oriented. You have to know what it is right now and the final results. We're still training for the race and trying to get everybody to improve.

"It's not trying to keep a secret or not wanting anybody to know. From a competitive standpoint, I want all the players to feel like they have an opportunity and a chance."

To borrow from M.C. Hammer, let's "break it down"

Based on his interaction with the media in Miami, I think we can safely infer the following.

Saban says:

We don't have a depth chart and our players are not supposed to evaluate other players

Saban means:

There are depth charts posted on every wall of the athletic complex. I'm leaving here to go to a player-on-player evaluation session.

Saban says:

We don't have a depth chart now. I don't know why (you) guys can't get that out of your minds.

Saban means:

I have a depth chart in my back pocket. It's written in Sharpie. I wipe my ass with depth-chart toilet paper and sleep in depth-chart pajamas.

Saban says:

It's not trying to keep a secret or not wanting anybody to know. From a competitive standpoint, I want all the players to feel like they have an opportunity and a chance.

Saban means:

It's my secret and if I want you to know I'll tell you. If I tell you I have to kill you. I probably will have to kill you all anyway, but I'd rather do it without you knowing my secret. There is no competition. No one has a chance. I don't want them to feel anything. And no, I'm not going to be the coach at Alabama. How many times do I have to say that? What? I am the coach at Alabama? Enough of these stupid questions. I've got some blind to make walk and some lame to make see.

More sand in his vagina:

. . .

Based on his interaction with the media in Miami, I think we can safely infer the following.

Saban says:

We don't have a depth chart and our players are not supposed to evaluate other players

Saban means:

There are depth charts posted on every wall of the athletic complex. I'm leaving here to go to a player-on-player evaluation session.

Saban says:

We don't have a depth chart now. I don't know why (you) guys can't get that out of your minds.

Saban means:

I have a depth chart in my back pocket. It's written in Sharpie. I wipe my ass with depth-chart toilet paper and sleep in depth-chart pajamas.

Saban says:

It's not trying to keep a secret or not wanting anybody to know. From a competitive standpoint, I want all the players to feel like they have an opportunity and a chance.

Saban means:

It's my secret and if I want you to know I'll tell you. If I tell you I have to kill you. I probably will have to kill you all anyway, but I'd rather do it without you knowing my secret. There is no competition. No one has a chance. I don't want them to feel anything. And no, I'm not going to be the coach at Alabama. How many times do I have to say that? What? I am the coach at Alabama? Enough of these stupid questions. I've got some blind to make walk and some lame to make see.

:lol: Funny!!!

Back to IN-Season Form I see... ;)

More sand in his vagina:

. . .

Saban says:

Saban means:

Saban says:

Saban means:

Saban says:

Saban means:

:lol: Funny!!!

Back to IN-Season Form I see... ;)

He's close to in-season form but I'm still waiting for the next installment of the Bammer BoBo-Honker of the day.....

The No-Depth-Chart mantra isn't fooling anyone with half a brain. If $aben really believes that his players won't evaluate each other's performances in practice and will compete harder without a posted depth chart, then I have to think he's a fraud as a motivator/coach. Everybody out there practicing knows who the better players are. It's blatantly obvious -- and the unsolicited comments by Hall & Wilson bear out that fact.

So, what is the real reason for the $aben semantics regarding the depth chart? We can only speculate but, ... maybe because there is no depth to speak of? By refusing to acknowledge his players have been evaluated and listed according to talent level, he can deflect any criticism directed toward him when they lose a game. But I predict it will backfire -- some smart a** journalist will say something like "perhaps the loss could have been prevented if a credible depth chart was prepared in advance. I thought this guy was supposed to leave nothing to chance. Why are we paying him $4M/yr to not plan ahead?"

Saban says:

Saban means:

solid gold.

This just reminds me of when he went off on the media when someone asked him about the Alabama job.

Ya think he'll always be like this or will he eventually snap?

I think it'd be kinda funny to send someone, or two, to every one of his press conferences just to ask the question about the depth chart.

More sand in his vagina:

. . .

Saban says:

Saban means:

Saban says:

Saban means:

Saban says:

Saban means:

THE funniest post I have read in quite some time. Thanks for the HUGE laugh!

Keep on keepin' on Ghost!

WDE!

Tim

Fair response.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's a meltdown. I think it's his normal demeanor.

He's naturally a jerk, but he does seem a bit stressed. :angryfire::chair:

I think he and the media need a big :grouphug:

I was thinking about going to the Crapstone after the Vanderbilt game and show a fake Press Pass to the guards. Then I was going to tell Coach $aban that, "this loss wouldn't have happened if you'd had a depth chart." Then I'd probably be escorted out. :roflol:

I was thinking about going to the Crapstone after the Vanderbilt game and show a fake Press Pass to the guards. Then I was going to tell Coach $aban that, "this loss wouldn't have happened if you'd had a depth chart." Then I'd probably be escorted out. :roflol:

yeah, because you know WAY more about coaching than he does. obviously if we lose a game it will be because he didn't set a depth chart the day he was hired. heck, we probably could have hired you for a little less...we'd be in much better shape then.

I think it'd be kinda funny to send someone, or two, to every one of his press conferences just to ask the question about the depth chart.

send The Prowler wearing some "depth chart pajamas" :lol:

I was watching the Hard Knocks series on HBO last night and right off the bat they mentioned depth charts. Everyone of the coaches said that's the first thing you have to do is come up with a depth chart. You can't run a training camp with out a depth chart were Herm Edwards exact words. So this means one of two things, either Saban is lieing yet again about not having a depth chart or he's a complete dip s***.

I know our resident Bammers saw it as well. There is no way they'll miss a minute of Brodie-Vision. Even though they did all turn their backs on him after the 05' Iron Bowl.

send The Prowler wearing some "depth chart pajamas" :lol:

Yeah, and they should hire you as czar of media relations. 'Cause you're sooooooo talented. Actually you'd fit right in with the meaningless drivel that Saban already seeps.

His attitude is ridiculous. So are the suggestions made in this thread. It's not to be taken seriously scissors, but by all means keep chuckling as if you've just whacked the mole.

I have a feeling it's already going to happen. Media members are going to take shots at him all year, win or lose. He's buying that process early.

Keep it up buddy! :thumbsup:

Archived