Bama Analysis

townhallsavoy

One thing I noticed about Grant on the highlights was the fact that he is about 3'8" tall. That works when you can hide behind the line, but is he going to get stepped on when they start to play bigger defenses. I guess at that point, will he be fast enough to run out from under the cleats.

His cuts and reacts were against guys that run a 5.0 in the forty and that was their secondary. Let's see him take the punishment that SEC defenses dish out before we proclaim him the next Barry Sanders.

Whatever

His cuts and reacts were against guys that run a 5.0 in the forty and that was their secondary. Let's see him take the punishment that SEC defenses dish out before we proclaim him the next Barry Sanders.

Whatever

You would be just as critical if I said the same thing about one of our RB's awesome performance against Tenn. Tech.

Whatever

You would be just as critical if I said the same thing about one of our RB's awesome performance against Tenn. Tech.

Out of the whole game I make ONE positive observation...about a guy who I've said for 2 years is good...and that's what you pick out to pooh pooh.

So like I said, whatever. Barring injury TG will be a top RB in the league this year.

I listened to a good bit on the radio, and watched some in a bar. I'm watching it now. Our Oline looks like a completely different unit. With the removal of Capps, it's like night and day. We would get pushed back on the right side against teams far less quality than even WCU.

Terry Grant is quite, quite good. Most explosive back we've had in a loooong time. I know I've been talking about this kid for a while, and we still haven't played a good team yet...but he's a top back for sure.

Defense is still a concern. I still say that if we hope to win any of the big games, it will have to be a high scoring affair.

Whoa there....horsey!! B) Seriously, I would save any analysis for a couple of weeks. Explosive against Western Carolina, probably the worst team in 1-AA, and explosive against Georgia are two totally different things. Let us start with Vandy and see how it goes. I'm just sayin....... :thumbsup:

Grant has been explosive against our own defense in scrimmages as well.

Not sure if that would be anything great to compare to. ;)

As the man said "Let us start with Vandy and see how it goes. I'm just sayin...... :thumbsup: "

Whatever

Out of the whole game I make ONE positive observation...about a guy who I've said for 2 years is good...and that's what you pick out to pooh pooh.

So like I said, whatever. Barring injury TG will be a top RB in the league this year.

That's a better observation. B)

Goode and Grant will make a good 1-2 punch for you guys next year, when Goode is healthy.

I have to agree with the majority on TG - like i mentioned earlier, I don't remember him breaking any tackles - to be a great RB in this league that is something you have to do - S. Alexander, R. Brown, and Cadillac all "regularly" broke tackles. Not saying TG won't or can't do it, but he I haven't seen him do it - he reminds me of Shaud Williams more than anyone else - but we have to remember he is only a freshman and he is a work out freak - I expect him to get bigger and stronger every year......

Archived