If I detest islam, am I a racist?

CCTAU

1. Is there not a difference between religion and race? People that hate a person or are intolerant of people because of their race are racists.

2. If you hate or resist a person because of their religion you are simply religiously intolerant. You may be a hata but not necessarily a racist.

3. Hate is equatable to/a by-product of fear which basically comes down to fearing your own demise. Why would any Christian fear their own demise? The only reason I can think of is an insecurity in their own beliefs. Not a knock on Christianity because I consider myself a Christian. Just wondering how a Christian could meld hate and Christianity together.

1. Is there not a difference between religion and race? People that hate a person or are intolerant of people because of their race are racists.

2. If you hate or resist a person because of their religion you are simply religiously intolerant. You may be a hata but not necessarily a racist.

3. Hate is equatable to/a by-product of fear which basically comes down to fearing your own demise. Why would any Christian fear their own demise? The only reason I can think of is an insecurity in their own beliefs. Not a knock on Christianity because I consider myself a Christian. Just wondering how a Christian could meld hate and Christianity together.

Hate the sin, love the sinner?

Hate the sin, love the sinner?

I hear ya and more power to you and your beliefs. I just don't believe in hate as a good thing at all. I have seen what it did to me in the past and am still recovering from that.

To me it all comes down to empathy. Without empathy the world is screwed. I honestly feel like if I were born in the shoes of a radical islamist or muslim who is indifferent to helping America and had all the life experiences that they had that I might be feeling and thinking the same things they are now. I might very well hate America or be indifferent to eradicating radical islam.

Didn't Jesus say love your enemy? That is the only way, to me, that effective change can come around. Realization that we are all the same just on different life paths at the moment. To me we are all searching for the same God. Often times, the "little me", gets in the way of that search and we don't even realize it.

To put it in some old school terms, hate begats hate. Pure and simple.

The real problem is that Islam is so INTOLERANT of other religions and are OBLIGATED to "whack" all non-believers in Islam. Winston Churchill predicted future problems with this religion in the 1920's or 1930's in a paper he wrote. Apparently Christians have learned the live with their sectarian differences and just go their separate ways in their separate churches. Mulsims have not! BTW, I suppose I'm a racist as well..

No, your not a racist. You are simply very mistaken. You see, Muslims are not intolerant of other religons. There is a certain sect that is intolerant of other religons. And aren't you the one who is intolerant, you are the one who does not accept them. There is this impression that Muslims are supposed to kill all Christians. When in fact, it is just a myth. In the US we seem to take this one religous sect as what the religon is. But, that is just one group. Really the Middle East hates us because of our politics. Just like Italy hated us, it had nothing to do with our religon they just hated our politics. Yes, there are some that hate our religon, but not any more of them then there are of us who hate theirs. We are just as intolerant as them, and then we stand here and call them intolerant.

Take a look at the Koran:

And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned

you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the

Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is

the reward of those who suppress faith. But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most

Merciful. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevails

justice and faith in God; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who

practise oppression" (2:190-193).

The first part of this verse in the Koran is often used. However, it is taken out of context. Both before it and after it, it says only attack and slay them if they are trying to kill you. But if they are not trying to kill you, do not try to fight them. Here is my point, Islam is not intolerant, we are the ones who are being intolerant even though both of our religons tell us to be accepting and loving.

Now you can post more verses saying to kill the Jews and Christians, but all that I have found are all taken out of context. All of them are talking about if the Jews or Christians are trying to fight them. We are not fighting a religon, we are fighting a fanatic cult.

If you are a Christian and you quietly revel in the attacks on abortion clinics, then you are a bad Christian and are condoning the attacks..

If you are a muslim and you quietly revel in the attacks of terrorists, then you are condoning the attacks. Many more of these than you can imagine. The outcry of denunciation for these attacks are almost nonexistent. Therefore, using the same logic I use against the Christians, I conclude that most muslims would love to see my body parts scattered across the pavement. It's the actions of the majority of muslims that blow holes in the "peaceful religion" theory.

You are assuming that silence means they are reveling in it. Perhaps many of the silent ones are focusing their energies on peace and not violence which would mean to ignore the violence and focus on peace and God for some. Many believe that when you focus on violence you send your energy that way even if you are looking at the violence in a negative light you are still sending energy that way. A law of attraction type thing.

This stuff is going on in their front and back yards and many that speak out against al-quaida end up dead.

Expecting people to behave like you would isn't always the answer.

jmo.

You are assuming that silence means they are reveling in it. Perhaps many of the silent ones are focusing their energies on peace and not violence which would mean to ignore the violence and focus on peace and God for some. Many believe that when you focus on violence you send your energy that way even if you are looking at the violence in a negative light you are still sending energy that way. A law of attraction type thing.

This stuff is going on in their front and back yards and many that speak out against al-quaida end up dead.

Expecting people to behave like you would isn't always the answer.

jmo.

I'm talking about he ones in Detroit. No al-quaida there. And the good thoughts aren't getting them any closer to the mother wheel either.

I'll bet you there is some al-quaida in detroit. lol. I know what you mean though.

I tend to find more peace when I concern myself with what gets me closer to God and not others. Too many Christians and Muslims feel like they need to cure everyone else's thinking.

jmo.

Anyways, believe what you like. It's all good.

If you are a Christian and you quietly revel in the attacks on abortion clinics, then you are a bad Christian and are condoning the attacks..

If you are a muslim and you quietly revel in the attacks of terrorists, then you are condoning the attacks. Many more of these than you can imagine. The outcry of denunciation for these attacks are almost nonexistent. Therefore, using the same logic I use against the Christians, I conclude that most muslims would love to see my body parts scattered across the pavement. It's the actions of the majority of muslims that blow holes in the "peaceful religion" theory.

I agree with the part about reveling it in. However I think the problem is that the media just gives attention to the Muslims who do revel in it when the majority do just the opposite. All we see on TV is the radicals and so it makes people believe that they are the majority when they are far from it. I have a decent number of friends who are Muslim, they were horrified by 9/11 just as I was, out raged just like I was, and hate that it happened more than you can imagine. But like I said, we never hear about these people on the news because that is apparently to boring.

Archived