Meyer Tasered by Cops at UF!

bigsixfive

I wonder if he wet himself....

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — A University of Florida student was Tasered and arrested Monday when he attempted to speak at a forum with U.S. Sen. John Kerry during a question and answer session, university officials said.

Andrew Meyer, 21, asked Kerry why he did not contest the 2004 presidential election, which he lost to President Bush, and why there had been no moves to impeach Bush.

"He apparently asked several questions — he went on for quite awhile — then he was asked to stop," university spokesman Steve Orlando said. "He had used his allotted time. His microphone was cut off then he became upset."

While as many as four police officers tried to remove Meyer from the forum, he yelled for help and asked "What did I do?" Minutes after Meyer started speaking, he was Tasered.

Meyer was charged with resisting an officer and disturbing the peace, according to Alachua County jail records. No bond had been set. Meyer was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday morning, a jail official said.

Orlando said university police would conduct an internal investigation on the incident.

"The police department does have a standard procedure for when they use force, including when they use a Taser," Orlando said. "That is what the internal investigation would address — whether the proper procedures were followed, whether the officers acted appropriately."

The event was sponsored by the UF student government speaker's bureau, according to a news release. A telephone message left at the speaker's bureau office was not immediately returned Monday evening.

It was not known if Meyer had an attorney.

B)

Wow. That's pretty amazing. He got tasered because he asked questions? I see where he should have eventually stopped flapping his jowls, but to be tasered because of it? That's unnecessary. Arrested? Probably. Tasered? Nah.

Wow. That's pretty amazing. He got tasered because he asked questions? I see where he should have eventually stopped flapping his jowls, but to be tasered because of it? That's unnecessary. Arrested? Probably. Tasered? Nah.

No. He got tasered because he refused to cooperate with the police. In case you didn't notice, he was attending a Question and Answer session. That means the audience members ask a question and then listen to the answer. When the fool wouldn't stop his sermon to have a question answered, the event organizers realized the guy was a jerk who wanted to monopolize all of the available question time. That's why they cut off his mic -- so he could be removed by the police, and other audience members could LISTEN to answers to their questions. He was not an innocent bystander wanting to get an honest answer to a sincere question. He was trying to disrupt the event and that's why his a$$ was tasered. Serves him right. I just wish the police could have got in a little baton practice before he hit the ground. You'd have to be a complete moron to think the police just decided to taser him because he asked questions. Oh, wait ... :lol:

Archived