Saban and Belichick

JohnDeere

Saban with the Cleveland Browns (1991-94)

Before joining the Spartans, Saban spent four seasons (1991-94) as defensive coordinator with the Cleveland Browns under Bill Belichick. The Browns went from allowing the most points (462) in the NFL prior to Saban’s arrival to allowing the fewest points (204) in the league in 1994, the sixth-fewest points surrendered in NFL history at the time. In each of Saban’s four years guiding the Browns’ defense, they never permitted an average of more than 19.2 points per game. He built a reputation as one of the finest defensive coaches in the league and also was heavily involved in the team’s player personnel and scouting process. and perfected the method for stealing opposing team's defensive signals.

Mark Richt is not stupid. Three games into the season, the week after the Patriots/Belichick defensive signal stealing fiasco?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3024975

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia's Mark Richt has closed practice to the media for the first time in his seven years as a head coach as the No. 22 Bulldogs prepare for Saturday's game at No. 16 Alabama.

"It's the Belichick rule," the Georgia official said. "We've been skunked in the past. We know it because of the way some teams have reacted to our [offensive] plays in a few games. We're trying to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Richt's decision comes a week after New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick was accused of spying tactics during his team's 38-14 win over the New York Jets on Sept. 9. During the game, the Patriots had a video camera aimed at Jets coaches, which was confiscated from a New England employee during the first quarter.

Alabama coach Nick Saban, in his first season coaching the Crimson Tide, worked four seasons as Belichick's defensive coordinator with the Cleveland Browns from 1991-94.

Ironically, Saban's team was accused of stealing the Patriots' signals last season when he was coach of the Miami Dolphins, but the NFL found no evidence of wrongdoing. Wk 5.No need to investigate the Pats beat the Dolphins 20-10. Wk. 14 the Fins shut the Pats out 21-0, the only game the Pats were shut out in 2006.

"We were never accused of that, that I'm aware of, and we never did it," Saban said Monday, during his weekly news conference in Tuscaloosa, Ala. Why would your former boss rat you out for the same method he uses to cheat? Not everybody in this state drinks the kol-aide that spills from your mouth "We didn't have a video camera or tapes. We never got anybody's signals. We had someone watching their signals, but we were never smart enough [to do it]." translation. WE WERE NEVER CAUGHT, I am not going to address this again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Richt opens practices back up after the UAT game.

Saban with the Cleveland Browns (1991-94)

Before joining the Spartans, Saban spent four seasons (1991-94) as defensive coordinator with the Cleveland Browns under Bill Belichick. The Browns went from allowing the most points (462) in the NFL prior to Saban’s arrival to allowing the fewest points (204) in the league in 1994, the sixth-fewest points surrendered in NFL history at the time. In each of Saban’s four years guiding the Browns’ defense, they never permitted an average of more than 19.2 points per game. He built a reputation as one of the finest defensive coaches in the league and also was heavily involved in the team’s player personnel and scouting process. and perfected the method for stealing opposing team's defensive signals.

Mark Richt is not stupid. Three games into the season, the week after the Patriots/Belichick defensive signal stealing fiasco?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3024975

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia's Mark Richt has closed practice to the media for the first time in his seven years as a head coach as the No. 22 Bulldogs prepare for Saturday's game at No. 16 Alabama.

"It's the Belichick rule," the Georgia official said. "We've been skunked in the past. We know it because of the way some teams have reacted to our [offensive] plays in a few games. We're trying to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Richt's decision comes a week after New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick was accused of spying tactics during his team's 38-14 win over the New York Jets on Sept. 9. During the game, the Patriots had a video camera aimed at Jets coaches, which was confiscated from a New England employee during the first quarter.

Alabama coach Nick Saban, in his first season coaching the Crimson Tide, worked four seasons as Belichick's defensive coordinator with the Cleveland Browns from 1991-94.

Ironically, Saban's team was accused of stealing the Patriots' signals last season when he was coach of the Miami Dolphins, but the NFL found no evidence of wrongdoing. Wk 5.No need to investigate the Pats beat the Dolphins 20-10. Wk. 14 the Fins shut the Pats out 21-0, the only game the Pats were shut out in 2006.

"We were never accused of that, that I'm aware of, and we never did it," Saban said Monday, during his weekly news conference in Tuscaloosa, Ala. "We didn't have a video camera or tapes. We never got anybody's signals. We had someone watching their signals, but we were never smart enough [to do it]." translation. WE WERE NEVER CAUGHT, I am not going to address this again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Richt opens practices back up after the UAT game.

If he was innocent,wouldn't he have said "We never did it" not "WE WERE NEVER CAUGHT, I am not going to address this again"?

"We were never accused of that, that I'm aware of, and we never did it," Saban said Monday, during his weekly news conference in Tuscaloosa, Ala. "We didn't have a video camera or tapes. We never got anybody's signals. We had someone watching their signals, but we were never smart enough [to do it]." translation. WE WERE NEVER CAUGHT WE DID NOT CHEAT, I am not going to address this again.

I can't believe the St. Saban was 'never smart enough' to do anything. He can walk on water and win the MNC any year that prefers to win it.

Archived