"The Cougars return the nucleus of last season’s championship

squad, welcoming back 51 lettermen and 17 starters that finished 10-

4 overall and 7-1 in winning the West Division. On offense, Houston

has three of its five offensive linemen coming back as well as its No. 1

running back, No. 1 tight end and its No. 2 and 3 wide receivers. On the

other side of the ball, eight starting defenders return with loads of depth

lined up behind the starting 11."

07-football-guide-cover-216.jpg

Having a stout Conference USA team scheduled for homecoming is not good? Saban should know.

UH Record 2-2

Sat. Sep. 1 at Oregon 27-48 L Oregon is a GOOD team

Sat. Sep. 15 at Tulane 34-10 W

Sat. Sep. 22 Colorado State 38-27 W

Sat. Sep. 29 East Carolina 35-37 L Should have won, missed 3 FGs

We will see "how good" that Tide defense is.

UH Stats yrd/g Nat Rank Conf Rank

Total Offense 483.5 yds 15th 2nd

Total Defense 367 yds 60th 2nd

Points Scored 33.5 pts 33rd 3rd

Points Allowed 30.5 pts 83rd 4th

UAT Stats

Total Offense 414.8 yds 46th 6th

Total Defense 330.8 yds 40th 8th

Points Scored 30.8 pts 47th 7th

Points Allowed 20.2 pts 36th 7th

Looking at some of those numbers and using really silly math

points scored uat + points allowed UH /2 30

Points scored UH + Points allowed UAT /2 27

I say the prediction will be Uat wins by 3. 30-27

Realism puts the score around 21 - 17 UAT.

Why are there more posts about Bama-Houston than Auburn-Vandy?

I think Vandy has as good a chance of upsetting us as Houston does of upsetting Bama...

A better chance.

I think Vandy has as good a chance of upsetting us as Houston does of upsetting Bama...

Why do people slow down to look at wrecks in the opposite lane of the interstate?

Why don't you go to your local barber shop to talk football or talk to your mailman, instead of complaining what is posted in the RIVALS forum?

If you want to talk about Vandy, dig up some stats/stories on Vandy and post them.

Make no mistake, I'm not looking past Houston. This summer when everyone was talking Vandy for the trap game, I was secretly looking at Houston.

Why do people slow down to look at wrecks in the opposite lane of the interstate?

Why don't you go to your local barber shop to talk football or talk to your mailman, instead of complaining what is posted in the RIVALS forum?

If you want to talk about Vandy, dig up some stats/stories on Vandy and post them.

I would LOVE to talk Auburn football w/ my barber or mailman, but up here in Virginia, the SEC football talk is a touch scarce, so I'm thankful to have AUNation to talk to other Tiger fans.

I tried to start a Vandy thread yesterday. Didn't get any replies. But then when I see several threads on Bama-Houston, I just think it is weird.

Make no mistake, I'm not looking past Houston. This summer when everyone was talking Vandy for the trap game, I was secretly looking at Houston.

So you're picking Houston? What will be the fallout from the big money Tide Priders after Saban drops homecoming? They are already fuming after the money they spent traveling to Jacksonville to see a loss to an 'inferior' team.

So you're picking Houston? What will be the fallout from the big money Tide Priders after Saban drops homecoming? They are already fuming after the money they spent traveling to Jacksonville to see a loss to an 'inferior' team.

I think we will beat them, but I don't think it's impossible for us to lose.

For the sake of conversation, what will be the 'fallout' if they do lose?

For the sake of conversation, what will be the 'fallout' if they do lose?

I think it would be similar to what happened at LSU when Saban lost to UAB. You really need to win games like this one. Yes, UGA and FSU had more talent than us, but UH does not. I'd be pretty upset if we lost to UH.

Doing a quick comparison of the Cougars offense stats versus alabama's defensive stats shows large lean to the cougars taking every category as a better statistic.

Doing a comparison of the tide offense against the cougar defense shows a slight edge to the cougars in 7 bama/8 houston in the stats compare.

Do a head to head on the stats page for Foxsports. Its a neat little tool. It rarely means much but in this case.

I think Houston has a decent shot at playing Homecoming upset.

Saban better be drilling his defense.

Archived