Meltdown on the Alabama Boards

otterinbham

He's just mad because we called out Bama's wide receiving core over the summer. We were wrong though. It's the rest of the team that's terrible.

Probably shouldn't correct people's grammar if you are going to confuse "corps" with "core"

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An UGA who was creamed by Tennessee and FSU who is still not busting it like they used to do. Houston isn't even in the same league as the other 3. So I guess neither contains the most talent. Not sure about Arkansas, they tetter totter either way each week. Will know more after we play them.

Let me help you out there, AU doesn't have a WR, QB or RB who would start for Houston.

UGA gave up 51 to UT last year...got creamed. And still managed to beat AU 37-15.

And I think it's safe to say FSU is at least better than WCU or Vandy.

My point still stands. Going 3-0 vs WCU, Vandy, Arky...and going 1-2 against UGA, FSU, and Houston...doesn't mean we're playing worse. It means we are playing better teams.

You are full of it, We have 3 RB's who can outplay anyone on Houston's team. Our quarterback has the best record in the SEC. WR, not sure about that since we have so many new ones.

Go ahead and believe you are playing better teams. You struggled with Vandy, we creamed them. Don't know what we will do with Arky, you guys had a great win there. We are playing harder teams too,like Florida isn't a better team than MSU,and we played harder ones, KSU And USF are ranked. Stay in your dream world.

At least you aren't choking like you did with Shula!

He's just mad because we called out Bama's wide receiving core over the summer. We were wrong though. It's the rest of the team that's terrible.

Probably shouldn't correct people's grammar if you are going to confuse "corps" with "core"

Eek...that was bad.

Damnit.

You are full of it, We have 3 RB's who can outplay anyone on Houston's team. Our quarterback has the best record in the SEC. WR, not sure about that since we have so many new ones.

Go ahead and believe you are playing better teams. You struggled with Vandy, we creamed them. Don't know what we will do with Arky, you guys had a great win there. We are playing harder teams too,like Florida isn't a better team than MSU,and we played harder ones, KSU And USF are ranked. Stay in your dream world.

Nah, K State lost to KANSAS this weekend.

And you don't have 3 RBs who can outplay anyone on Houston's team. I've seen AU play 4 times this year, and I watched the Houston game saturday. Houston's RB is better than your best RB...Lester. Your QB may have the best record, but it doesn't mean he's the best QB. That was CLEARLY evident for 3 weeks on this very board.

Eek...that was bad.

Damnit.

Hey, it happens to the best of us ;)

Again, as per usual in your 10,000-plus posts on an opponents' fan board, you fail to grasp the concept. It ain't just about wins and losses. It's about how you play. Are you happy with how your team played against, to use your term, "Group B." And, forgetting the level of competition, against which group did your team seem to play best, "Group A" or "Group B"?

THAT, sir, is the point. Most Alabama fans that I have talked to will admit that the team has apparently REGRESSED. That is not what anyone should expect from a $4.1 million coach, regardless of how many conference or national championships he owns. That was then, this is now.

Why do you "forget about the level of competition?" Wouldn't it be safe to say that it is EASIER to look good against weaker competition? Or would you say it's harder? Is it EASIER to score on a team with a crappy defense...or is it harder?

People who think we have REGRESSED haven't been paying attention. For starters, if we played against Arkansas the way we played against UGA, we would have won by 3 touchdowns. Our defense has improved consistently. Our offense hasn't found quite a groove yet, but shouldn't that be expected considering it's a new system? In spite of all that, we have still scored more points than AU.

I think it's hilarious, and quite arrogant, to assume that your first 3 games where AU played like horse s*** was just because a few things needed to be worked out...but Bama goes 2-2 against 4 decent/good teams, and our sky is falling.

Auburn may have beaten UF...but Alabama is the only school between the two without a "bad loss."

You are full of it. Go to your own boards. Why do you want to come here anyway? I don't go to Bama boards and post. Wouldn't ever do that! Rather stay on my own boards with my own kind.

Also you are pretty desperate if you have to resort to correcting peoples grammer, core- corp? Who cares. We will see when you play Miss State! It won't be as easy as you think, especially if their quarterback gets healthy again.

Also you are pretty desperate if you have to resort to correcting peoples grammer, core- corp?

The only reason I corrected it was because TownHall called out a Bama poster in this thread in regards to his grammar. And his was a long correction. One of those that is an obvious attempt to make one feel bad about themself.

And TownHall knows I'm just :poke: with that.

Rather stay on my own boards with my own kind.

I consider people here "my own kind." I don't label or put value on someone or a group of someones, strictly based on their football team affiliation.

Nah, K State lost to KANSAS this weekend.

And you don't have 3 RBs who can outplay anyone on Houston's team. I've seen AU play 4 times this year, and I watched the Houston game saturday. Houston's RB is better than your best RB...Lester. Your QB may have the best record, but it doesn't mean he's the best QB. That was CLEARLY evident for 3 weeks on this very board.

Eek...that was bad.

Damnit.

Hey, it happens to the best of us ;)

I said K State lost to Kansas, KSU was ranked. I never once said on this board that Cox was not good! I never booed him, I never lost faith in him. And you are still full of it when you think our RB's aren't better than Houstons! We had over 200 rushing yards by the 3rd quarter against Vandy. Notice I said our QB has the best record in the SEC, not the best in the SEC, don't know who that is, surely isn't your QB!

Also you are pretty desperate if you have to resort to correcting peoples grammer, core- corp?

The only reason I corrected it was because TownHall called out a Bama poster in this thread in regards to his grammar. And his was a long correction. One of those that is an obvious attempt to make one feel bad about themself.

Okay, I give you that one.

I consider people here "my own kind." I don't label or put value on someone or a group of someones, strictly based on their football team affiliation.

I am not putting a value on anyone. But if all your are going to do is come on here and bad mouth Auburn, why not just stay on a Bama Board? Never understood why people want to go to opposing teams boards. That is all. Of course if you weren't here, we couldn't pick on each other. I know this is all innocent picking on each other's teams, guess we use it as a vent that we can't use when we are upset about things going on with our team and others teams. No hard feelings?

I am not putting a value on anyone. But if all your are going to do is come on here and bad mouth Auburn, why not just stay on a Bama Board? Never understood why people want to go to opposing teams boards. That is all. Of course if you weren't here, we couldn't pick on each other. I know this is all innocent picking on each other's teams, guess we use it as a vent that we can't use when we are upset about things going on with our team and others teams. No hard feelings?

The problem comes when people think I'm here to trash AU. I'm not. Actually I post A LOT of positive stuff about AU. Been that way for years.

I stay here because I like the back and forth, and I have really thick skin. :)

Eek...that was bad.

Damnit.

townhallsavoy I do not need punctuation lessons from a guy with a cartoon in his avatar. Further more I don't type on these boards to perfect my grammar and a lot of times I do not recheck my post for this simple fact.

BTW neither one of your last statements were sentences so there is no need for a period. They are what is called sentence fragments. Please consider revising them.

PS. I know the fight song by heart, as I am sure you do as well.

:moon:

BTW neither one of your last statements were sentences so there is no need for a period. They are what is called sentence fragments. Please consider revising them.

Not to be a stickler...but TownHall's two statements, taken in context, were presented in gramatically correct fashion. :)

The problem comes when people think I'm here to trash AU. I'm not. Actually I post A LOT of positive stuff about AU. Been that way for years.

I stay here because I like the back and forth, and I have really thick skin. :)

Cool then, I look foward to a lot of bantering with you then! Thanks for posting the positive stuff too.

Not to be a stickler...but TownHall's two statements, taken in context, were presented in gramatically correct fashion. :)

Thanks for the backup... ;)

townhallsavoy I do not need punctuation lessons from a guy with a cartoon in his avatar.

Quick, quick. Post the Bama fight song and the reasoning behind your mascot being a stupid elephant. 1, 2, 3, GO!

Houston's RB is better than your best RB...Lester.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

You guys are TOTALLY MISSING THE POINT!!!! Your team is getting worse. Period. You are actually on here talking about how awesome Houston is, man. Houston.

3 weeks ago in Tuscaloosa: "Oh my gosh. Alabama looks awesome. Holy crap, maybe Saban is worth the money. We might be better than anyone expected. First 4th quarter comeback since 2001."

Yesterday in Tuscaloosa: "What the crap? Where is our offense? Why won't he take JPW out? Why is our defense letting Houston come back from 23 points down and give us a scare?"

3 weeks ago in Auburn: "Booooo."

Yesterday in Auburn: "Oh my gosh. Where did this running game come from? Let's shut them out....aw dang the 3rd string guys let them score a TD. Oh well, it's payback for the Hogs next week!"

That is the difference BG. It has nothing to do with Shula, or Shula's players. And all of this "we are going to dominate recruiting" stuff is just purely BS. RollTideRev has been listening to too much PF bobo honking. Kids could not care less how much money their coach makes. They want to play for a winner, and not a cry-baby that blames his players for everything and lets HOUSTON come back on him.

Let me help you out there, AU doesn't have a WR, QB or RB who would start for Houston.

You've lost your f****** mind.

Well, their RB had 205 yards against Oregon on 22 carries. And 88 yards receiving. And one kick return for 32 yards. And he's faster than Lester.

Donnie Avery has put up yardage of: 66,103,76,189,104 and is faster than anyone on your team...or Bama's for that matter. Jeron Harvey would start for Alabama, and our WRs are better than AUs.

Brandon Cox is NOT better than Case Keenum. He's just not. And Keenum is a freshman. He would probably be starting at UA right now too.

I'd also like to add to the overall discussion a thread title from BEFORE the UH/UA game:

Despite last weeks loss to ECU, Houston has a good team

So you think Saban is a bad coach?

Can I answer this?

Well, I will, anyway.

No.

Do I think he's worth $4.1 million? No.

Do I think he's a cinch to right the uat ship? No.

Do I think he's proven anything thus far? No.

Finally, would I trade Tommy Tuberville for him? HELL, no!

And I will add this: I am certainly not impressed by a Saban-coached team that jumps to a 23-point first-quarter lead and has to hold on for dear life. In fact, color me decidedly unimpressed.

BG, I guess my real problem with you is this: You've a lot of gall posting your balderdash on this board when your team has been sucking hind tit in the AU-uat rivalry for five years. I believe I'd bide my time til my team got a win and then talk.

But, hey, that's me.

Post on. No one here takes you seriously, anyway.

InDNo

Well, their RB had 205 yards against Oregon on 22 carries. And 88 yards receiving. And one kick return for 32 yards. And he's faster than Lester.

Donnie Avery has put up yardage of: 66,103,76,189,104 and is faster than anyone on your team...or Bama's for that matter. Jeron Harvey would start for Alabama, and our WRs are better than AUs.

Brandon Cox is NOT better than Case Keenum. He's just not. And Keenum is a freshman. He would probably be starting at UA right now too.

I'd also like to add to the overall discussion a thread title from BEFORE the UH/UA game:

Despite last weeks loss to ECU, Houston has a good team

Unfortunately for UAT, football is not played with just a QB, WR, and RB.

Okay, I give you that one.

don't fall for it AUartlady. You're giving the bammers exactly what they want. We all know our top 3 backs would start anywhere in the country. He only posted it to get a rise out of somebody and to get someone to argue with him. Let him believe what he wants...

Archived