Meltdown on the Alabama Boards

otterinbham

we are pretty much where i thought we would be at this point in the season

Is there a web site you guys are getting these talking points from? Just copy and paste straight from BOL, is that it?

I think you guys just bought a $40 million lemon of a coach that peaked years ago.

whats wrong, does it bother you that i am not totally melting down and ranting like you want me to? excuse me for being realistic. you can look back at what i was saying pre-season.....its going to take 2-3 years before we're in the picture for anything.

so, let me get this straight.....we got a lemon of a coach because we're 4-2 overall and 2-1 in the SEC right now. we're halfway through the season with a first year staff. true, i would have liked to see a blowout and our offense stepping up. i would have liked to have seen us not squander a 23 point lead. it takes time to change mentality, and we need to get personnel that are better equiped for the system that is ran on D. so, just what type of record does a first year coach have to achieve to not be considered a lemon?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a web site you guys are getting these talking points from? Just copy and paste straight from BOL, is that it?

I think you guys just bought a $40 million lemon of a coach that peaked years ago.

whats wrong, does it bother you that i am not totally melting down and ranting like you want me to? excuse me for being realistic. you can look back at what i was saying pre-season.....its going to take 2-3 years before we're in the picture for anything.

so, let me get this straight.....we got a lemon of a coach because we're 4-2 overall and 2-1 in the SEC right now. we're halfway through the season with a first year staff. true, i would have liked to see a blowout and our offense stepping up. i would have liked to have seen us not squander a 23 point lead. it takes time to change mentality, and we need to get personnel that are better equiped for the system that is ran on D. so, just what type of record does a first year coach have to achieve to not be considered a lemon?

13-0 with a MNC over Nebraska like in 2001.

Oh wait.

13-0 with a MNC over Nebraska like in 2001.

Oh wait.

and look how THAT ended up ;)

You are not going to be in any picture in 2-3 years because you are going to be right back at square one with yet another new coach.

You got a lemon of a coach because his team peaked in week 3 and has progressively gotten worse each week, leading up to nearly blowing a 23 point lead to Houston. Houston, man, Houston. He let Houston mount a comeback on him....your Lord and Savior himself. This wasn't LSU. This wasn't Georgia or Tennessee. This was Houston, a team against whom you should have been deep in your depth chart late in the game.

And now he's got all you fools so brainwashed that you are blaming the players right along with him.

You are not going to be in any picture in 2-3 years because you are going to be right back at square one with yet another new coach.

You got a lemon of a coach because his team peaked in week 3 and has progressively gotten worse each week, leading up to nearly blowing a 23 point lead to Houston. Houston, man, Houston. He let Houston mount a comeback on him....your Lord and Savior himself. This wasn't LSU. This wasn't Georgia or Tennessee. This was Houston, a team against whom you should have been deep in your depth chart late in the game.

And now he's got all you fools so brainwashed that you are blaming the players right along with him.

that's odd, pre-season you guys were all talking up Houston and giving us all kinds of reasons why they are good when you picked them and Vandy to be our trap games. even as recent as a few days ago in the "Despite last weeks loss to ECU, Houston has a good team" thread. true, they do not have a great defense. but their offense is #15 in the country. their WR Avery was invited to be on the Olympic team he is so fast, if i understood the radio broadcast correctly. match that against an undermanned defense, and it doesn't sound pretty. now i agree, i don't think we should have let them put up that much of a fight especially after we put up 23 points in the 1st quarter. i don't know if you have watched one of our games this season....but a good bit of blame lies with the players. take the Houston, UGA, and Arky games for example. i guess they only coached the 1st quarter and then went back to the locker room the rest of the game? nobody can deny that JPW has some issues. other people on both sides of the ball have issues. I AM NOT GOING TO GET INTO A PANIC MODE BECAUSE OUR FIRST YEAR OF A NEW COACH WE ARE 4-2. especially not when i expected a 7-5 season anyways. i guess CTT had all of you brainwashed into blaming the players the first 3 weeks of your season too. because there was PLENTY of that happening here, especially post-MSU.

also, you didn't answer my question. what type of record should he accomplish this year to not be considered a lemon? or, what record would he need to accomplish over the next 3 years?

You got a lemon of a coach because his team peaked in week 3 and has progressively gotten worse each week, leading up to nearly blowing a 23 point lead to Houston. Houston, man, Houston. He let Houston mount a comeback on him

Replace Houston with Miss State. And rewind the clock 3 weeks. And instead of "coming back", replace it with "were never really in the game".

Yeah we were never in the game while we were leading 14-13 until 5 min remaining. :rolleyes:

You got a lemon of a coach because his team peaked in week 3 and has progressively gotten worse each week, leading up to nearly blowing a 23 point lead to Houston. Houston, man, Houston. He let Houston mount a comeback on him

Replace Houston with Miss State. And rewind the clock 3 weeks. And instead of "coming back", replace it with "were never really in the game".

At least Miss St is an SEC team. At least Miss St is a BCS eligible team.

Replace Houston with Auburn. And rewind the clock five years, stopping once every Saturday before Thanksgiving. And instead of "coming back," replace it with "were never really in the game."

Simply making a point. You guys were ready to fire CTT and Brandon Cox 2 weeks ago. Now because we struggle in a WIN against yet another team who you guys said was "good" before we beat them...but we are a terrible team.

We are 4-2. I know you guys are counting the Iron Bowl as a win...and think Saban's 4-2 record means he sucks. But you all need to remember where you were just 2 weeks ago.

Simply making a point. You guys were ready to fire CTT and Brandon Cox 2 weeks ago. Now because we struggle in a WIN against yet another team who you guys said was "good" before we beat them...but we are a terrible team.

We are 4-2. I know you guys are counting the Iron Bowl as a win...and think Saban's 4-2 record means he sucks. But you all need to remember where you were just 2 weeks ago.

I was exactly where I am right now two weeks ago, thank you very much.

I'm really mad at myself for saying anything in this stupid post. Do you realize how retarded you all, ugh damnit, WE all look when we get into these ridiculously stubborn tifts?

Auburn fans fail to realize that we lost to Miss St and were only up 10-0 at halftime against BUFFALO last season.

Alabama fans fail to realize that they're quick to throw their coaches under the bus.

Auburn fans fail to remember the negative things they have said about their own team.

Alabama fans (and here I mean the ones on this board and the few that call into radio shows) fail to realize that a large majority of the fanbase have ridiculous expectations year in and year out.

It goes on and on. Both ways. The difference right now is that this is AUnation.net and we've won five in a row. So we win.

I am getting sick of all these outsiders saying over and over and OVER that we wanted the coaching staff gone and we don't like CTT. He is going to Texas A&M, the administration does not like him, and he is not an Auburn man, blau, blau, blau. Where do you get this crap? There might have been 1% of our fans say they wanted him gone after the bad start but DAMN, not everybody felt that way. Do you start these rumors because you are that scared of him? I LOVE CTT and the whole staff. I think they have done a GREAT job at Auburn. Our kids are staying out of trouble, the program has respect, the staff has class, and they are good people. Please do not speak for us and our administration.

I am getting sick of all these outsiders saying over and over and OVER that we wanted the coaching staff gone and we don't like CTT. He is going to Texas A&M, the administration does not like him, and he is not an Auburn man, blau, blau, blau. Where do you get this crap? There might have been 1% of our fans say they wanted him gone after the bad start but DAMN, not everybody felt that way. Do you start these rumors because you are that scared of him? I LOVE CTT and the whole staff. I think they have done a GREAT job at Auburn. Our kids are staying out of trouble, the program has respect, the staff has class, and they are good people. Please do not speak for us and our administration.

Cause he owns uat and they hate it. Anything to get Tuberville out of Auburn. Baldy and the bunch will stop at nothing to undermine Auburn university. It's what they do. Interesting how someone said we wanted to fire tuberville and brandon cox. Interesting choice of words there, but, we can't fire players cause they aren't on the payroll like they are at some schools in this state.

also, you didn't answer my question. what type of record should he accomplish this year to not be considered a lemon? or, what record would he need to accomplish over the next 3 years?

To paraphrase what I saw repeatedly from Alabama forums before the season: "It's not about wins and losses. It's about quality. We need to see improvement with each game, and we did not see that with Shula."

You really think a team that regresses from week 3 forward is getting their money's worth out of a $4 million salary coach??

There is no "you guys" if you are talking about me. Feel free to search my posts from the past month and see for yourself what I have said about CTT, Brandon Cox, booing, supporting the team, etc.

Yes, that was two weeks ago, and where are we NOW? Where are YOU now? We started off poorly and are getting better every time we step on the field. You started off strong and are getting worse every time you step on the field.

I would take our position over yours any day of the week.

You really think a team that regresses from week 3 forward is getting their money's worth out of a $4 million salary coach??

Wow...Brilliant. How do you know we haven't improved? In week 3 we were 3-0 having played WCU, Vandy, and Arkansas. Since then we have played UGA, FSU, and Houston.

Which group contains more talent? Group A...or Group B?

Where are YOU now?

We are EXACTLY where I expected us to be. 4-2.

Wow...Brilliant. How do you know we haven't improved? In week 3 we were 3-0 having played WCU, Vandy, and Arkansas. Since then we have played UGA, FSU, and Houston.

Where are YOU now?

Again, as per usual in your 10,000-plus posts on an opponents' fan board, you fail to grasp the concept. It ain't just about wins and losses. It's about how you play. Are you happy with how your team played against, to use your term, "Group B." And, forgetting the level of competition, against which group did your team seem to play best, "Group A" or "Group B"?

THAT, sir, is the point. Most Alabama fans that I have talked to will admit that the team has apparently REGRESSED. That is not what anyone should expect from a $4.1 million coach, regardless of how many conference or national championships he owns. That was then, this is now.

Now, let's examine Auburn's situation. Putting aside the fact that you obviously are not hesitant to make statements about which you know nothing (e.g., Auburn was never in the game versus Mississippi State), it's obvious to anyone that this team has improved GREATLY in the last two weeks. Combine the fact that Tubs' teams improve over the course of a season with the fact that he owns Urban Meyer (who many were quick to brand "the new bane of the SEC") and uat (because, admit it, he's had the deed to you guys for five years and there's nothing to indicate that it won't be extended) and we're pretty happy with our coach.

Enjoy Nicky. You deserve each other.

InDNo

Yeah, and if Jeff Gordon wins in Talladega tomorrow, there just might be a redneck meltdown of biblical proportions...

:poke:

:roflol::roflol:

Gordon wins at Talladega to become career restrictor-plate leader

By JENNA FRYER, AP Auto Racing Writer

October 7, 2007

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=A...p&type=lgns

Yeah, and if Jeff Gordon wins in Talladega tomorrow, there just might be a redneck meltdown of biblical proportions...

:poke:

:roflol::roflol:

Gordon wins at Talladega to become career restrictor-plate leader

By JENNA FRYER, AP Auto Racing Writer

October 7, 2007

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=A...p&type=lgns

Very nice. B)

Still hate NASCAR. And it's not a sport.

We'll be enjoying Nicky even more as the years progress, and as we take over the recruiting dominance. Then the roles will reverse...

You can deny it all day long, but you KNOW it's coming...

You didn't attend Bama. You don't know the fight song off the top of your head.

Here's some education:

If you're going to use the dependent clause "as we take over the recruiting dominance," then there is no need for the comma; you only need the conjunction "and." The sentence should read, "We'll be enjoying Nicky even more as the years progress and as we take over the recruiting dominance." However, since you follow your sentence with "Then the roles will reverse," I'm assuming you were meaning to make it two independent clauses. Here's how your sentence should read: "We'll be enjoying Nicky even more as the years progress, and as we take over the recruiting dominance, the roles will reverse." This is known as a compound-complex sentence.

You can deny it all day long, but you KNOW it's coming...

And your wife is getting tired of hearing this every day.

Where are YOU now?

An UGA who was creamed by Tennessee and FSU who is still not busting it like they used to do. Houston isn't even in the same league as the other 3. So I guess neither contains the most talent. Not sure about Arkansas, they tetter totter either way each week. Will know more after we play them.

An UGA who was creamed by Tennessee and FSU who is still not busting it like they used to do. Houston isn't even in the same league as the other 3. So I guess neither contains the most talent. Not sure about Arkansas, they tetter totter either way each week. Will know more after we play them.

Let me help you out there, AU doesn't have a WR, QB or RB who would start for Houston.

UGA gave up 51 to UT last year...got creamed. And still managed to beat AU 37-15.

And I think it's safe to say FSU is at least better than WCU or Vandy.

My point still stands. Going 3-0 vs WCU, Vandy, Arky...and going 1-2 against UGA, FSU, and Houston...doesn't mean we're playing worse. It means we are playing better teams.

Again, as per usual in your 10,000-plus posts on an opponents' fan board, you fail to grasp the concept. It ain't just about wins and losses. It's about how you play. Are you happy with how your team played against, to use your term, "Group B." And, forgetting the level of competition, against which group did your team seem to play best, "Group A" or "Group B"?

THAT, sir, is the point. Most Alabama fans that I have talked to will admit that the team has apparently REGRESSED. That is not what anyone should expect from a $4.1 million coach, regardless of how many conference or national championships he owns. That was then, this is now.

Why do you "forget about the level of competition?" Wouldn't it be safe to say that it is EASIER to look good against weaker competition? Or would you say it's harder? Is it EASIER to score on a team with a crappy defense...or is it harder?

People who think we have REGRESSED haven't been paying attention. For starters, if we played against Arkansas the way we played against UGA, we would have won by 3 touchdowns. Our defense has improved consistently. Our offense hasn't found quite a groove yet, but shouldn't that be expected considering it's a new system? In spite of all that, we have still scored more points than AU.

I think it's hilarious, and quite arrogant, to assume that your first 3 games where AU played like horse s*** was just because a few things needed to be worked out...but Bama goes 2-2 against 4 decent/good teams, and our sky is falling.

Auburn may have beaten UF...but Alabama is the only school between the two without a "bad loss."

Let me help you out there, AU doesn't have a WR, QB or RB who would start for Houston.

Am I reading this right?

He's just mad because we called out Bama's wide receiving core over the summer. We were wrong though. It's the rest of the team that's terrible.

Archived