Meltdown on the Alabama Boards

otterinbham

They eke out a win against Houston, and they're frothing at the mouth. Some are even comparing Saban unfavorably to Shula.

I put one very mild comment on one of their threads and it was deleted within 30 seconds.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They eke out a win against Houston, and they're frothing at the mouth. Some are even comparing Saban unfavorably to Shula.

I put one very mild comment on one of their threads and it was deleted within 30 seconds.

I thought the tribulation comes before the 2nd coming?? :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Alabama is not a bad football team, but they're certainly not great at this point either. This is where I think most (rational) people believed they'd be right now, dropping 2 out of 3 against Arkansas, Georgia, and Florida State. I think people just got way too carried away after that comeback win against the Hogs.

Alabama is not a bad football team, but they're certainly not great at this point either. This is where I think most (rational) people believed they'd be right now, dropping 2 out of 3 against Arkansas, Georgia, and Florida State. I think people just got way too carried away after that comeback win against the Hogs.

Bingo.

These have to be the most manic-depressive bunch of yahoos I've ever seen. One minute they're talking SECCG, the next minute they're talking about canning coaches.

After we lost to MSU, I worried about the direction our team was taking for the season, but I had no reason to worry about the state of the program. But the Mullet Nation is already getting out the torches and the pitchforks.

Bingo.

These have to be the most manic-depressive bunch of yahoos I've ever seen. One minute they're talking SECCG, the next minute they're talking about canning coaches.

....... the Mullet Nation is already getting out the torches and the pitchforks.

Manic Depressive fans, delusions of grandure, canning coaches, torches, pitchforks .......This is an Alabama Football Tradishun!!! ;)

War Eagle!!

Bingo.

....... the Mullet Nation is already getting out the torches and the pitchforks.

Manic Depressive fans, delusions of grandure, canning coaches, torches, pitchforks .......This is an Alabama Football Tradishun!!! ;)

War Eagle!!

I dunno. Maybe they should lace the stadium cokes at BDS with Ritalin. That seems to work with disruptive children.

I don't know if this qualifies, but there's definitely some bitching going on.

http://www.crimsontusks.com/about24092.html

I have seen some houndstooth hissie-fits at al.com plus this little nugget which really scares me that the person who posted this is walking the streets instead of resting quietly in a padded cell.

What are they all worried about? Wasnt too long ago they were playing close games against Duke. Houston is a step in the right direction.

I do think it's hilarious that they spent 4 mil per year to get a coach who isn't really doing any better than Shular! They're the laughing stock of the football world with their haughty attitudes and overblown egos.

I do think it's hilarious that they spent 4 mil per year to get a coach who isn't really doing any better than Shular! They're the laughing stock of the football world with their haughty attitudes and overblown egos.

...and mouth full of teeth. Wait, that's not right either. Sorry.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...amp;hl=rockstar

The TRUTH is, Alabama hired a NAME for the NAME. Period. It was a short-sighted, high-impact deal that was made for the IMMEDIATE "credibility" that Mal Moore felt like this would give your program. They don't give a rat's arse about 2 years from now.

It has NOTHING to do with winning games. It has NOTHING to do with winning championships. It has EVERYTHING to do with the surface-deep impression that your program is still a great program because that program could sign a great coach. And it has EVERYTHING to do with beating Auburn.

I'm sure Saban will win some games this year. But mark my words, if he does not beat Auburn this year or next year, he will be GONE the third year. That game is THE biggest game of the year for you guys. I don't care how much you guys deny it. If he loses to every other team and wins only one game...and that game is Auburn...then he has done what he was hired to do.

Pretty sad when you think about it. That much money for a NAME in high hopes to beat Auburn.

Bear Bryant was not a rockstar coach when he came to Alabama. He built his legacy over time. Right now, you guys are trying to hire and fire your way to a championship. Saban will be gone in 3 years.

Remember this post. It is turning out to be more true than even I could imagine.

Boy the hits just keep on coming. We plaster Vandy. They hang on for dear life against a C-USA team, at home. And then Fran wins and staves off their fantasy talk of CTT to A&M. Hide the women and children.

I thought the tribulation comes before the 2nd coming?? :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Apparently, in Tuscalosa, they have it the other way around.

Bama apparently looked so bad to the fans and media, that the state media is already writing more articles on "Rumors of CTT going to ______."

Bingo.

After we lost to MSU, I worried about the direction our team was taking for the season, but I had no reason to worry about the state of the program. But the Mullet Nation is already getting out the torches and the pitchforks BRICKS.

FTFY... ;)

Everyone here knows what their weapon of choice is these days. Did you know that they have THE Brick in the Bear Bryant museum?

they were so high on major applewhite at the start of the season, i tried to tell them, same offensive scheme that was schooled by troy in last years bowl game. :roflol::roflol::roflol: my prediction was almost there, except for interception in the end zone. 31-30 would have been so sweet.

we are pretty much where i thought we would be at this point in the season, maybe a win better. i think alot of what disappoints, is the flashes of potential. when you play like world beaters in the 1st quarter pretty consistantly on both sides of the ball, and hang on before halftime, then come out flat.....thats frustrating as a fan. i think there is alot of problems with mentality. its hard to change mentality, especially if someone does not want to change their mentality. its as if we are on fire the first half and everyone says "ok we can let up this is in the bag." with the exception of a few guys, i think it is becoming more obvious that these guys were not recruited to play in the type of system that is being ran. more so on defense than offense. size-wise these guys were not recruited for a 3-4 defense and it is hard on them to physically perform the things they are being asked to do for 60 minutes. i am pleased with them thus far this season, and i am looking forward to the future of the defense after another year or two. as far as any fans that are in meltdown mode, they need to think back at what they might have predicted pre-season.....a 7-5 or 8-4 type record. and like i said before the season.....its going to take a few years. this is not going to be a pie in the sky season. it just doesn't happen that way when you really look at the situation.

they were so high on major applewhite at the start of the season, i tried to tell them, same offensive scheme that was schooled by troy in last years bowl game. :roflol::roflol::roflol: my prediction was almost there, except for interception in the end zone. 31-30 would have been so sweet.

i don't think the play calling is 100% at fault. i often found myself yelling at the tv last season saying "I KNEW you were going to run that, so i'm SURE their DC probably could have guessed it too!!!" haven't really caught myself doing that much at all this season. we have some problems at QB and other positions on offense. i don't want to blame everything on JPW, but he is just 1 piece of the puzzle. i'm not going to crucify a first year OC 6 games into the season when its pretty obvious there are execution problems. we're pretty much where we should be at this point....i'm happy with that.

we are pretty much where i thought we would be at this point in the season

Is there a web site you guys are getting these talking points from? Just copy and paste straight from BOL, is that it?

I think you guys just bought a $40 million lemon of a coach that peaked years ago.

i don't think the play calling is 100% at fault. i often found myself yelling at the tv last season saying "I KNEW you were going to run that, so i'm SURE their DC probably could have guessed it too!!!" haven't really caught myself doing that much at all this season. we have some problems at QB and other positions on offense. i don't want to blame everything on JPW, but he is just 1 piece of the puzzle. i'm not going to crucify a first year OC 6 games into the season when its pretty obvious there are execution problems. we're pretty much where we should be at this point....i'm happy with that.

you might want to start with telling dj hall, that even when the ball is not coming to him he needs to fire off the ball and sell his route, he takes a play off pretty frequently IMO. good to see that your xanax is working for you, though. i live in tuscaloosa so i can tell you that everyone here was high on the tide, and my co-workers were all talking undefeated season and SEC championship, and asking me what is wrong with my team, now they won't even make eye contact. holding on to beat houston is priceless. :roflol:

i live in tuscaloosa

lose a bet?

Guess you missed this board the first 3 weeks of the season.

Archived