Meltdown on the Alabama Boards

otterinbham

yeah, i agree wholeheartedly with GG on this one. You must be posting from the looney bin if you believe the things that you're saying here. The Iron Bowl can't get here fast enough.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An UGA who was creamed by Tennessee and FSU who is still not busting it like they used to do. Houston isn't even in the same league as the other 3. So I guess neither contains the most talent. Not sure about Arkansas, they tetter totter either way each week. Will know more after we play them.

You know, I have had a miserable weekend as it is...let's just leave UGA out of this argument. We suck, We know it.

So you think Saban is a bad coach?

I think he's a snake oil salesman. The problem is that his double-speak has the wool pulled over the eyes of your fan base, so he basically could do whatever he wants and you guys would still say the same crap regardless of what he does. There is not a single Bama fan alive right now that isn't so infatuated with the man that he could sell you oceanfront property in Arizona and you would go through hell to get there and sign the check.

He has fallen short of expectations because the team has not shown improvement up to this point. They looked good in their first real game (Arkansas). Really good. They have regressed from that point to where they are now. They are not getting better. Where is this "process" of which Saban speaks? Or was he talking about the direct deposit process?

I think he's a snake oil salesman. The problem is that his double-speak has the wool pulled over the eyes of your fan base, so he basically could do whatever he wants and you guys would still say the same crap regardless of what he does. There is not a single Bama fan alive right now that isn't so infatuated with the man that he could sell you oceanfront property in Arizona and you would go through hell to get there and sign the check.

He has fallen short of expectations because the team has not shown improvement up to this point. They looked good in their first real game (Arkansas). Really good. They have regressed from that point to where they are now. They are not getting better. Where is this "process" of which Saban speaks? Or was he talking about the direct deposit process?

wow, you spent all off season berating our fans for having wild expectations, now you're berating us because we aren't freaking out that we're not undefeated. i wasn't aware that you could come in after 4 years of horrible coaching, wave a wand, and in 6 games be absolute world beaters. in that case, maybe i should be upset! i would like to know, why do you blame it ALL on the coaches, other than your hatred for CNS. why is it ALL 110% the fault of the coaches? is it their fault Terry Grant isn't a pound it between the tackles runner? is it their fault that JPW overthrows a wide open DJ Hall on a consistant basis? is it their fault that JPW will throw the ball 5 yards in front of a receiver? is it their fault Marcus Carter blows his coverage half the time? is it their fault the defensive line is undersized? is it their fault there is no depth on defense? you act like there is NO WAY it can possibly be a player's fault. if you have watched some of our games, its pretty obvious that there is some serious lack of execution. or maybe the coaches only coach for the 1st quarter then say "ok guys, you got it. we'll see you after the game."

wow, you spent all off season berating our fans for having wild expectations, now you're berating us because we aren't freaking out that we're not undefeated. i wasn't aware that you could come in after 4 years of horrible coaching, wave a wand, and in 6 games be absolute world beaters. in that case, maybe i should be upset! i would like to know, why do you blame it ALL on the coaches, other than your hatred for CNS. why is it ALL 110% the fault of the coaches? is it their fault Terry Grant isn't a pound it between the tackles runner? is it their fault that JPW overthrows a wide open DJ Hall on a consistant basis? is it their fault that JPW will throw the ball 5 yards in front of a receiver? is it their fault Marcus Carter blows his coverage half the time? is it their fault the defensive line is undersized? is it their fault there is no depth on defense? you act like there is NO WAY it can possibly be a player's fault. if you have watched some of our games, its pretty obvious that there is some serious lack of execution. or maybe the coaches only coach for the 1st quarter then say "ok guys, you got it. we'll see you after the game."

You're acting like you're a prototypical UAT fan. Logic and reason are unknown to your fanbase.

I think Les Miles is pointing out Saban isn't anything special.

The only thing Saban did for LSU is convince the kids in state to go to LSU and the school to upgrade facilities. Then the investment paid for itself.

Les Miles has his own kids winning huge games year in year out with a better record than saban had and if he keeps up this pace he will match sabans NC record. He will do all of this better than Saban.

Bama has good facilities and kids in state that want to go to the state schools. Whats he going to do if LSU level talent doesn't fall into his lap for him to have a mediocre record with all but 1 in 4 years?

Let me help you out there, AU doesn't have a WR, QB or RB who would start for Houston.

You've lost your f****** mind.

Well, their RB had 205 yards against Oregon on 22 carries. And 88 yards receiving. And one kick return for 32 yards. And he's faster than Lester.

Donnie Avery has put up yardage of: 66,103,76,189,104 and is faster than anyone on your team...or Bama's for that matter. Jeron Harvey would start for Alabama, and our WRs are better than AUs.

Brandon Cox is NOT better than Case Keenum. He's just not. And Keenum is a freshman. He would probably be starting at UA right now too.

I'd also like to add to the overall discussion a thread title from BEFORE the UH/UA game:

Despite last weeks loss to ECU, Houston has a good team

You've lost your f****** mind.

I couldn't have put it any better thanks Galen

this thread has turned into everything i hate about alabama. personally i do not care for them coming on our board and posting period. i joined this board to discuss :au: football, with :au: people. i had rather shave my head with a cheesegrater while chewing on tinfoil than have a discussion with an idiot alabama fan, which is every one of them. they are annoying to say the least. here are your next losses bammers to ole miss, miss st , tenn , lsu. i wish they would have scheduled kentucky or south carolina this year. here's a little tune for bama nation and ole nicky boy,"i'll be home for christmas...." that is my prediction and it is only october, early october :moon: . and don't go away mad, just go away. if i wanted to discuss bama football i would go to a bama board, oh wait :roflol::roflol:

This thread went into the dumper all the way back to the "Houston's got better RBs. QBs and WRs than Auburn" comment. The thread should have been locked right after Galen's post. That said ALL you need to know.

this thread has turned into everything i hate about alabama. personally i do not care for them coming on our board and posting period. i joined this board to discuss :au: football, with :au: people. i had rather shave my head with a cheesegrater while chewing on tinfoil than have a discussion with an idiot alabama fan, which is every one of them. they are annoying to say the least. here are your next losses bammers to ole miss, miss st , tenn , lsu. i wish they would have scheduled kentucky or south carolina this year. here's a little tune for bama nation and ole nicky boy,"i'll be home for christmas...." that is my prediction and it is only october, early october :moon: . and don't go away mad, just go away. if i wanted to discuss bama football i would go to a bama board, oh wait :roflol::roflol:

There's an easy way to avoid the back and forths between bama and au folks...stay away from the rivals board.

Somebody sure isn't a world beater coach. I don't know if it's Saban or one/some of his assistants.

Slightly off-topic, but I was in Tuscaloosa this weekend (I know, I had planned on going to AU-Vandy, but long story short, I ended up being better off going to Tuscaloosa with some friends).

Anyway, the Saban worship there was cracking me up the entire time.

Every bar's window had something like "Out with the old (picture of a houndstooth hat), In with the new (picture of one of those Bobby Bowden hats that bammers are trying to patent as "Saban" hats). It was hilarious. You'd think Bear Bryant was their last coach. They've had like 8 coaches in between the two.

There was one painting of Saban driving a bus, but with Bear behind the bus pushing it, I guess as if to guide it.

There was one painting of Saban holding out his hand holding a 1925 championship ring, as if to say "If I'da been alive, I'da won it."

After leaving the bars at 2:00am after drinking since our game started at 11:00, in my altered state of mind I found it quite humorous to go incognito as a bammer myself. Yelling simply "SABAN! SABAN, BABY, SABAN!" at every passer-by. They were completely oblivious that I was making fun of them. Everyone I did that too responding with "Hayle yeah, that's what I'm talkin bout baby, woo!" or "Roh f***in Tahd, baby!"

absolutely dead on. uat could very well go 1-5 down the stretch, assuming they can actually beat ULM. Esquire is right as well. This thread took a dive when this comment was made by a uater:

Let me help you out there, AU doesn't have a WR, QB or RB who would start for Houston.

Whether he believes it or not is immaterial. Sure he believes it, but he posted it only to get a debate started and get people to argue. It's what the uaters want. They like to engage us and provoke us in to arguing like a bunch of 5 year olds. Again,. look at the thread... It's about the angry fans in the cesspool that is uat, but because of this one comment the whole thread is derailed in to something that was completely off topic. The uaters here simply want to start arguments and by responding to it, you give them what they want. We all know how asinine that statement is, but don't feed his ego by responding to it. You give him exactly what he wants.. IF we ignore their stupid comments like the ones above, maybe, just maybe, we'll take the fun out of it for them and they'll eventually go away.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!

The only thing Saban did for LSU is convince the kids in state to go to LSU and the school to upgrade facilities. Then the investment paid for itself.

If you think that is all Saban did when he got to LSU in his first year, you haven't the faintest clue how screwed up Dinardo left LSU

Les Miles has his own kids winning huge games year in year out with a better record than saban had and if he keeps up this pace he will match sabans NC record. He will do all of this better than Saban.

Glenn Dorsey...Saban

Matt Flynn...Saban

Douchet...Saban

Herman Johnson...Saban

Lots of Saban guys playing....

I agree there are a lot of Saban's guys playing. But there's a lot more of Miles' recruits on the field now too. Whether he has his own players or guys that another coach recruited, what does it matter? He still has to coach them. He still has to study film. He still has to prepare them for the game. He still has to make the decisions that could win or lose a game for you...like going for it on 4th down 5 times in one game.

Les Miles isn't saying, "Wow, I don't have to do anything except throw the ball on the field and say, Go get em' boys." With all the backs that they have, Miles is the guy who decided to make Hester the focus of his running game. He's also the coach that has LSU ranked the number 1 team in the nation right now.

wow, you spent all off season berating our fans for having wild expectations, now you're berating us because we aren't freaking out that we're not undefeated.

Nope. Way off. I am not berating anyone. I am calling you out for your blind faith in a snake oil salesman. I am calling your coach out for making excuses instead of finding ways to win, or AT LEAST finding ways to make your team get better week-to-week.

i wasn't aware that you could come in after 4 years of horrible coaching, wave a wand, and in 6 games be absolute world beaters. in that case, maybe i should be upset! i would like to know, why do you blame it ALL on the coaches, other than your hatred for CNS.

Your coach makes $4 million dollars a year. There is no one in college football that should be held more accountable than Nick Saban. NO ONE.

why is it ALL 110% the fault of the coaches? is it their fault Terry Grant isn't a pound it between the tackles runner?

No. It's their fault for not figuring out a way to make Terry Grant work in the offense that they do have. If I'm a band director and I take a new job, do I cry because I don't have enough tuba players? Or do I earn the paycheck that I do get by finding a way to get results out of the kids that I DO HAVE??? So I am supposed to make more money than anyone in the country, but just sit around and cry and blame my kids because they can't play Grade 5 literature and I don't have enough tubas, so it is all their fault??? If I did that, I would be considered a sorry b**tard. Period.

But my name is not Your Lord and Savior Saint Saban.

you act like there is NO WAY it can possibly be a player's fault. if you have watched some of our games, its pretty obvious that there is some serious lack of execution. or maybe the coaches only coach for the 1st quarter then say "ok guys, you got it. we'll see you after the game."

Again, in the land of reality (everywhere outside Tuscaloosa), most of us are expected to get results in our jobs. I find it absolutely amazing that you shift all of the accountability from the coaches to the PLAYERS!

I mean I love it because you keep this up and there is no way kids are going to come play there. Everything coming out of Tuscaloosa is so negative right now. I am laughing my tail off at you.

One more time... if I take a new band job, I am expected to get results out of the kids I have, not blame them because they can't play Grade 5 literature. I guess us band directors are more of a real man than Nick Saban. If I go into any teaching situation and think "I am better than this crap" then I am the loser, not the program or the kids. My job is to find a way to make it BETTER, not bitch about how bad it is.

I am calling you out for your blind faith in a snake oil salesman.

Yeah, he sold his way to two SEC titles and a National Title in 5 years at LSU.

Your coach makes $4 million dollars a year

So Saban's salary INSTANTLY makes us have more talented players?

Or do I earn the paycheck that I do get by finding a way to get results out of the kids that I DO HAVE???

So does that mean CTT went 5-6 his first year because he failed to get results out of the players he DID have?

Again, in the land of reality (everywhere outside Tuscaloosa), most of us are expected to get results in our jobs.

Results like 4-2 in 6 games? Results like meeting or exceeding every objective media outlet's preseason expectations?

So if Les Miles has spent his days at LSU winning with Saban's players, couldn't one say that Saban won 2 SEC titles and a National Title with Dinardo's players?

So if Les Miles has spent his days at LSU winning with Saban's players, couldn't one say that Saban won 2 SEC titles and a National Title with Dinardo's players?

The first one, yes to an extent

The second one, no....

That is the most idiotic thing I have ever seen/heard. I hope for your sake you are joking because you just tatooed "IDIOT" on your forehead.

Results like 4-2 in 6 games? Results like meeting or exceeding every objective media outlet's preseason expectations?

$aban has exceeded NO ONE'S EXPECTATIONS. He has done what Shula would have done to this point, for 3 times the money and a shiz attitude.

$aban has exceeded NO ONE'S EXPECTATIONS. He has done what Shula would have done to this point, for 3 times the money and a shiz attitude.

And that my friends, is the Post of the Day for DKW.

Saban is the Second Coming of Bear Shula.

If We beat him this year. Saban will have lost to both his :lsu: coordinators.

Saban in his first year at bama

Fisher in his firat year as OC for FSU.

CWM in his 2nd year at :au:

We'll be enjoying Nicky even more as the years progress, and as we take over the recruiting dominance. Then the roles will reverse...

You can deny it all day long, but you KNOW it's coming...

We ALL know its coming. Heck you guys have been telling us for 20 + years and 8 coaches or so. We've read it in Sports Illustrated at least twice and each of the football "Gods" you have hired has told us he was there to beat Auburn. Now you guys have spent a lot of money and been through a lot of coaches maybe this is the guy or maybe you flop again. Either way its been a fun ride and I personally don't think its over.

Archived