When will this stop?

Bluemound Freak

Not that this will stop silly bammers from visions of sugarplums and 1970s leisure suits, but here goes:

Jacobs: "We are committed to Tommy Tuberville"

Posted by Phillip Marshall, The Huntsville Times October 27, 2007 10:53 AM

Look for Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville to be offered a contract extension, though it probably won't come until the end of the season. Tuberville's current contract runs through the 2011 season.

Athletics director Jay Jacobs wouldn't be specific about future plans, but he said that there is no question about Auburn's commitment to Tuberville, who is in his ninth season.

"We are committed to Tommy Tuberville," Jacobs said in a telephone conversation on Friday. "There's no doubt about that. He's our coach and we hope he's our coach for a long time."

Jacobs said first-year president Jay Gogue's policy is to meet with coaches in all sports and Jacobs shortly after the end of their seasons to discuss future plans. He will do the same with Tuberville.

Jacobs, of course, has heard the rumors that Texas A&M could make Tuberville a lucrative offer when and if Aggie coach Dennis Franchione is fired. Tuberville was defensive coordinator at Texas A&M in 1994.

"Anytime you have a successful coach, people are going to be interested," Jacobs said. "They are going to try to figure out if he'd be interested. Considering what Tommy has done here and the program he has built, on and off the field, that doesn't surprise me at all. But he is our coach."

Here are some highlights from Tuberville's current contract:

* The contract went into effect on Jan. 1, 2005 and runs through Dec. 31, 2011.

* There is no reason to beieve there has been any discussion with Texas A&M by Tuberville or his agent. If there was, it would be in violation of the contract. Here is the paragraph that deals with that:

"Unless notice has been given to Coach by Auburn of his termination, neither Coach nor any person or entity acting at or under his express authority shall under any circumstances discuss or negotiate directly or indirectly his prospective employment with another institution of higher learning or professional athletic team without notice to the Director of Athletics and the express permission of Auburn, which shall not be unreasonably withheld. Unless notice has been given by Coach of Auburn of his termination of this Agreement, neither the president nor the Athletic Director of Auburn or any person or entity acting at or under their express authority shall discuss or negotiate directly or indirectly Auburn's prospective employment of any person as Head Football Coach of Auburn without notice to Coach."

* Here are the amounts of the buyouts another school would have to pay to hire Tuberville or Auburn would have to pay to fire Tuberville during the life of his current contract:

2007: $6 million

2008: $6 million

2009: $5 million

2010: $4 million

2011: $3 million

* As at most big-time schools, most of Tuberville's income comes through the athletic department from outside sources. His university salary is $210,000 per year. Including salary, media rights and endorsement rights, but not performance bonuses or speaking fees, Tuberville will make at least $2.35 million this year. His pay for radio and television rights, $1,255,000 this year, automatically goes up by $200,000 each year. He receives $885,000 per year for endorsement rights.

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2007/10/...ted_to_tom.html

This should shut the you-know-who up for a while OR he'll come off as just rumor mongering which is what he's doing! :poke::puke:

This should shut the you-know-who up for a while OR he'll come off as just rumor mongering which is what he's doing! :poke::puke:

It won't shut him up. PM is the second target for all his arrows, CTT being the first.

Guys you can't argue the rumor. It's a rumor and it's a legit one. If it wasn't - people wouldn't be bringing it up all over the place. Whether it's true or not, we won't know for at least a month.

But I won't ever buy into the majority of this board and their "ahhh Tuberville loves Auburn, he is not leaving - trust me on this one and these are the XX reasons why : blah blah blah "

Yea guys, and you all said Saban wasn't going to Alabama...

I'm saying you're a colossal DOUCHEBAG. I may not get anything else right, but I'm dead on with this one.

I hope it never stops. It means that the man is doing something right.

This is the same doucebag who started the rumor weeks ago. He's confirming himself. Wow.

I'll never forget he first time I confirmed myself. I was so drunk! Good times. Good times, indeed.

Yeah...that never got old. :)

:au::homer:

Guys you can't argue the rumor. It's a rumor and it's a legit one. If it wasn't - people wouldn't be bringing it up all over the place. Whether it's true or not, we won't know for at least a month.

But I won't ever buy into the majority of this board and their "ahhh Tuberville loves Auburn, he is not leaving - trust me on this one and these are the XX reasons why : blah blah blah "

Yea guys, and you all said Saban wasn't going to Alabama...

I'm saying you're a colossal DOUCHEBAG. I may not get anything else right, but I'm dead on with this one.

AMEN

First off I was only posting an article that was flashed across my screen, is that not what others here do? I will tell you this........I posted this because it pisses me off to read the crap........If any of you that are interested there happens to me an email address to flame this douche and not me! I did not write the article just merely posted it!

Archived