Biden calls Giuliani out

Tiger Al

Oh, and that whole cleaning up of NYC wasn't a well publicized accomplishment either ? Joe should stick to primping that dead ferret on his head and taking more HGH. Giuliani, though not my top choice, is by far more qualifed than any of those clowns on the stage w/ Biden.

You give your vote to him, Al. That might solidify his hold on 4% of the votes cast. Bravo!

Oh, and that whole cleaning up of NYC wasn't a well publicized accomplishment either ? Joe should stick to primping that dead ferret on his head and taking more HGH. Giuliani, though not my top choice, is by far more qualifed than any of those clowns on the stage w/ Biden.

You give your vote to him, Al. That might solidify his hold on 4% of the votes cast. Bravo!

I don't know...it seems the people who know him best don't like him much.

Firemen don't like him.

Lies about stuff.

Snubbed a presidential forum for firefighters.

Firemen don't like him.

Lies about stuff.

You won't debate his results, all you'll do is post the opinions of LABOR UNION heads who stick to their political foundations, regardles of the facts.

Hey, if that's all you got, I'd fall back on that too. No sense in replying w/ what he did in office. You'd get crushed w/ the facts.

I'm glad he's able to get some laughs out of 9/11. What has he done?

LINK

Did you at least attempt to feign indignation about this?

BTW, if you watch a little closer you'll see that Biden got some laughs out of Rudolph.

Firemen don't like him.

Lies about stuff.

You won't debate his results, all you'll do is post the opinions of LABOR UNION heads who stick to their political foundations, regardles of the facts.

Hey, if that's all you got, I'd fall back on that too. No sense in replying w/ what he did in office. You'd get crushed w/ the facts.

They're commenting on what he did in office. Yes, labor union heads who represent the thousands of police and firefighters who elected them labor union heads.

Results...hmm, let's see...yes, he added some police on the streets, but, where'd he get the funding? Oh, yes...the 1994 Crime Bill. The one that funded an additional 100,000 policemen across the country. Results...after that first WTC bombing where'd Rudolph put NYC's crisis control center? Oh yes, that's right...in the WTC. Real smart move.

Law enforcement

In his first term as mayor, Giuliani, in conjunction with New York City Police Department Commissioner Bill Bratton, adopted an aggressive enforcement-deterrent strategy based on James Q. Wilson's Broken Windows approach. This involved crackdowns on relatively minor offenses such as graffiti, turnstile jumping, and aggressive "squeegeemen", on the theory that this would send a message that order would be maintained. Giuliani and Bratton also instituted CompStat, a comparative statistical approach to mapping crime geographically and in terms of emerging criminal patterns, as well as charting officer performance by quantifying criminal apprehensions. Critics of the system assert that it creates an environment in which police officials are encouraged to underreport or otherwise manipulate crime data.[39] The CompStat initiative won the 1996 Innovations in Government Award from the Kennedy School of Government.[40]

Anyone who is familiar w/ Times Square can tell you that the area improved greatly under Giuliani's term as Mayor. It was more than simply throwing more cops out there, it was a overt attempt by the Mayor's office to impact the city and improve the quality of life.

Spare us the rhetoric and campaign days double speak. Rudi got results and that's more than any of the Dem candidates can claim for themselves.

Rudy for police commissioner!!!

Law enforcement

In his first term as mayor, Giuliani, in conjunction with New York City Police Department Commissioner Bill Bratton, adopted an aggressive enforcement-deterrent strategy based on James Q. Wilson's Broken Windows approach. This involved crackdowns on relatively minor offenses such as graffiti, turnstile jumping, and aggressive "squeegeemen", on the theory that this would send a message that order would be maintained. Giuliani and Bratton also instituted CompStat, a comparative statistical approach to mapping crime geographically and in terms of emerging criminal patterns, as well as charting officer performance by quantifying criminal apprehensions. Critics of the system assert that it creates an environment in which police officials are encouraged to underreport or otherwise manipulate crime data.[39] The CompStat initiative won the 1996 Innovations in Government Award from the Kennedy School of Government.[40]

I agree. Raptor made an excellent case for this or maybe even AG!

Mike Huckabee is probably the most qualified candidate the reps have right now but they can't stop making fun of his name long enough to see that. That and he doesn't have that mean-spirited short-man syndrome they seem to like in their candidates.

I agree. Raptor made an excellent case for this or maybe even AG!

Mike Huckabee is probably the most qualified candidate the reps have right now but they can't stop making fun of his name long enough to see that. That and he doesn't have that mean-spirited short-man syndrome they seem to like in their candidates.

Rudy's too shady to be AG. Better stick to cleaning up graffiti.

Yeah, part of me hope they don't realize Huck is their best shot, and part of me wishes he'd get the nomination, just in case we get stuck with one of these guys. He's the only one who doesn't strike me as a total loser.

Huckabee will come out of Iowa a contender, though, IMHO. He's still my pick to the get the nom.

Once Rudy loses three straight, it will be interesting to see how much staying power he has.

Well, since Dems like John Kerry think that terrorism should be treated like a police matter, instead of a real threat to our national security , the Dems should be in love w/ Giuliani!

Archived