5. Ole Miss............ 10 68 554 55.4

6. Georgia............. 9 58 466 51.8

7. Tennessee........... 9 59 452 50.2

8. Kentucky............ 9 54 440 48.9

9. Arkansas............ 9 54 422 46.9

10.Florida............. 9 56 419 46.6

11.Vanderbilt.......... 9 56 413 45.9

12.LSU................. 9 37 272 30.2

Notice Bama has OVER 10 yards/game in penalties going against the opposition than the #2 team (MIssSt). Everyone else is bunched up within a few yards except LSU who is by far in last place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bama has just 7 holding penalties called against them ALL YEAR:

2 were on kickoffs

1 was declined

1 was on a RB (Terry Grant)

ONLY 3 were on OLine (1 on M. Johnson, 2 on A. Smith when Bama was up 21-0 on Arky)

Interesting, that a penalty (holding) which is easily the most opinion based (in that you could probably call one on every other play) and can be masked by the refs is for some reason almost NEVER called against Bama. Bama's OL is the definition of mediocre - yet they never get called for holding? Andre Smith was holding all game long against LSU last night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breakdown of Penalties going FOR and AGAINST each SEC team:

UA 46-373 77-658

Ark 49-475 54-422

AU 65-515 73-574

UF 69-526 56-419

UGA 59-457 58-466

UK 51-473 54-440

LSU 83-639 37-272

MSU 52-449 68-564

OM 63-455 68-554

SCar 59-456 66-557

Tenn 52-429 59-452

VU 44-344 56-413

Bama's opposition has been penalized nearly 300 yards more than Bama has. Notice, once again, how everyone else is within 100 yards (and usually less) in terms of differential? Everyone except for LSU, who for whatever reason, is ridiculously bad in this regard (they commit a ton of penalties and the opposition is rarely penalized against them).

In the two games that Ritter refereed (FSU, LSU), the opponent was flagged 23 times for 184 yards, while Bama was only flagged 6 times for 35 yards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night it was mentioned by the commentators that each team that Bama has played this year has had their MOST PENALIZED game come against Bama. A little convenient, dont you think?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yet, we have lost 3 games and are pretty much out of the race for the SEC west. so, i guess anytime any team doesn't commit alot of penalties we can automatically label them cheaters? gotcha. just so our team knows how they need to play from here on out, how many penalties per game should they make and for how many yards? how many penalties should they try and help the other team not make to satisfy AU fans nationwide? whats kind of amusing here is LSU fans aren't really even saying anything about the officiating, except for saying some of their players made some dumb mental mistakes. yet here you are laying out your case. so, excuse our O-line for doing a good job.

Wow, I thought Bama fans were the ones who complained about the refs.

For all of you who keep saying the refs were trying to give it to Bama last night...tell me where the flags thrown against LSU were wrong. Was the late hit on the QB wrong? Was the defensive holding where K Brown's jersey almost came off wrong?

Just because a team has no discipline and piles up the penalty yardage...doesn't mean the penalties are wrong.

They had 103 yards against UK. None of you were complaining then.

yet, we have lost 3 games and are pretty much out of the race for the SEC west. so, i guess anytime any team doesn't commit alot of penalties we can automatically label them cheaters? gotcha. just so our team knows how they need to play from here on out, how many penalties per game should they make and for how many yards? how many penalties should they try and help the other team not make to satisfy AU fans nationwide? whats kind of amusing here is LSU fans aren't really even saying anything about the officiating, except for saying some of their players made some dumb mental mistakes. yet here you are laying out your case. so, excuse our O-line for doing a good job.

:roflol:

Who said anything about refs in the LSU game? LSU almost lost because they gave up control of the game. I'm talking about the entire season, but thanks for attempting to make a piss-poor counter argument.

You're telling me that you dont think a 300 yard difference between your team and everyone else you've played isn't sketchy? The fact that you rarely get penalized yet somehow everyone that plays against you for whatever reason has their worst game of the season in terms of committing penalties? Wait - didn't you have a few games earlier this year in which questionable calls went your way (Arkansas, Ole Miss)? Gee, ridiculous penalty stats + questionable calls on the field late in games = not sketchy at all. I guess because you have 3 losses this argument should get thrown right out the window.

LOL @ your OLine. They sucked in the past. Are mediocre now. They still give up a ton of sacks. They still aren't amazing run blocking. Yet I'm supposed to believe that with ALL those conditions they somehow manage to pretty much NEVER hold? :roflol:

Sorry I brought this up. I should have known that the great Saban took an unorganized team and turned them into a team that NEVER commits penalties and somehow has an incredible ability to force the other team into committing nearly 75 yards of penalties per game when playing Bama. All in one year too. Man, Saban is a better coach than I previously thought. :roflol:

For all of you who keep saying the refs were trying to give it to Bama last night...tell me where the flags thrown against LSU were wrong. Was the late hit on the QB wrong? Was the defensive holding where K Brown's jersey almost came off wrong?

Just because a team has no discipline and piles up the penalty yardage...doesn't mean the penalties are wrong.

It didn't look like a late hit to me. And by the way, the LSU team was not the only team out there that was guilty of holding.

Just glad that uat will not be able to bring that "home cookin'" to JH in a few short weeks. Can't wait!

It didn't look like a late hit to me. And by the way, the LSU team was not the only team out there that was guilty of holding.

I agree. Didn't look late to me. But I will say it did if the money's right...

:roflol:

Who said anything about refs in the LSU game? LSU almost lost because they gave up control of the game. I'm talking about the entire season, but thanks for attempting to make a piss-poor counter argument.

maybe because you kept on mentioning LSU, and gave an example of Andre Smith holding on LSU all night?

You're telling me that you dont think a 300 yard difference between your team and everyone else you've played isn't sketchy? The fact that you rarely get penalized yet somehow everyone that plays against you for whatever reason has their worst game of the season in terms of committing penalties? Wait - didn't you have a few games earlier this year in which questionable calls went your way (Arkansas, Ole Miss)? Gee, ridiculous penalty stats + questionable calls on the field late in games = not sketchy at all. I guess because you have 3 losses this argument should get thrown right out the window.

so, again i ask, should any team who does not commit alot of penalties be labeled cheaters? i thought a pretty big part of the game was to make your opponents make alot of mistakes while trying not to have any yourself? your argument is like saying "well they shouldn't be allowed to make X amount of TDs". penalties are part of the game. and you still haven't answered my question; how many penalties should we have each game to appease you? and how many should we help the opposing team not make?

LOL @ your OLine. They sucked in the past. Are mediocre now. They still give up a ton of sacks. They still aren't amazing run blocking. Yet I'm supposed to believe that with ALL those conditions they somehow manage to pretty much NEVER hold? :roflol:

odd, up until yesterdays games our stats for rushing offense were pretty much even (except you guys had more attempts), and i think we were ranked better than you guys in sacks allowed. through yesterday, your O-line has allowed 19 sacks for 125 yards loss and ours has allowed 21 sacks for 125 yard loss. so, welcome to mediocre city. population: UA and AU.

Sorry I brought this up. I should have known that the great Saban took an unorganized team and turned them into a team that NEVER commits penalties and somehow has an incredible ability to force the other team into committing nearly 75 yards of penalties per game when playing Bama. All in one year too. Man, Saban is a better coach than I previously thought. :roflol:

i didn't say that, but way to try and put words in my mouth to try and inflame the conversation. i'm sorry my team cannot fulfill your expectations to lose every game and be the worst in the country in every aspect of the game.

Just glad that uat will not be able to bring that "home cookin'" to JH in a few short weeks. Can't wait!

hey, what happened to your "UAT will get KILLED by LSWho" thread?

Yeah, that's why the announcers said twice: "yep, that's an easy call"

You guys see what you want to see.

odd, up until yesterdays games our stats for rushing offense were pretty much even (except you guys had more attempts), and i think we were ranked better than you guys in sacks allowed. through yesterday, your O-line has allowed 19 sacks for 125 yards loss and ours has allowed 21 sacks for 125 yard loss.

Don't forget Auburn has played 10 games to uaT's 9....

Only 3 holding calls against the O-line in 9 games? Now that is some good coaching right there. I guess that is what a 32 million dollar man can do with 30+ asst. coaches.

On that 4th and 1 play by LSU where they shifted the entire O-line in, I know I have seen LSU run that before and they got a defensive line man to jump. One game it is a legal shift and this past Saturday it is an 'illegal snap'. I know SEC programs are talking at least once a week to the SEC Director of officials clarify calls and that crew Saturday had to of known that was coming; I wouldn't be surprised if Les didn't tell them before the game they had that play ready to go, but that was a crazy call, not at all consistent with the past calls on that play?

Did LSU not run that same play against Auburn, maybe Florida or Kentucky? I know somebody has ran it this year.

On that 4th and 1 play by LSU where they shifted the entire O-line in, I know I have seen LSU run that before and they got a defensive line man to jump. One game it is a legal shift and this past Saturday it is an 'illegal snap'. I know SEC programs are talking at least once a week to the SEC Director of officials clarify calls and that crew Saturday had to of known that was coming; I wouldn't be surprised if Les didn't tell them before the game they had that play ready to go, but that was a crazy call, not at all consistent with the past calls on that play?

Did LSU not run that same play against Auburn, maybe Florida or Kentucky? I know somebody has ran it this year.

Alabama ran it against UT. But they did it without having their right guard jerk before the motion.

Alabama ran it against UT. But they did it without having their right guard jerk before the motion.

Ok, if the guard jerked then why wasn't it a false start? But, it doesn't even matter, a defensive tackle was in neutral zone before the guard came out of his stance. Either way.......it was not a bad call.......it was plain and simple piss poor mechanics by the Referee, Side Judge, Line Judge, and Umpire.

The replay reviews, those are judgement calls; the replay official calls them how he sees them, just like an official calls them how he sees them; granted the replay official has "more" time to see the play. I won't complain about a replay, unless they have to look at a replay to get a penalty in.

it was a dumb dumb dumb play call by LSU. like i said before, did they REALLY believe they couldn't blow our undersized D-line off the line of scrimmage for a few inches? however, the refs did get the call right as the commentators explained about 3 times. before the ref turned his mic on and explained it one of the commentators was already saying the right guard jerked back and it was going to be on LSU. as for everyone here crying their little eyes out about the officiating, you should check out an LSU board.

I don't think the refs did a bad job last night, honestly. I do find it weird that every game we play we outpenalize the opponent by 10-12 penalties. Maybe they just watch us a lot closer?
We have one of the best D lines in the nation and our opponents have 4 holding calls against them for the entire season. That is crap!

so maybe its not so odd afterall we only got called i think once maybe twice for holding against them.

I think the refs did a good job. As for the replay official, on the surface, with 4 of 5 reversals in the booth going against 'Bama, if might have looked like they were favoring LSU, but watching on TV, the replay official made the right call, clearly, each time.
the refs didn't do anything unfair. we make a LOT of penalties. A LOT! the refs called a fair game

when someone complained about the late hit call on T. Jackson. also, the refs will err in the favor of the QB every time if it is questionable.

YOU CANNOT LEAD WITH YOUR HEAD TO MAKE A HIT.... especialy on the QB

when someone complained that Andre Smith should have been flagged for holding on Pittman when they were chasing that JPW fumble

That is legal, all is fair game when chasing a fumble. You can tackle guys and pull them down to keep them from getting to the ball
what are you talking about? we deserved every call we made!!

did you see how many mistakes we made?

also, did you not see the number of close calls that got reviewed and turned our way? if anybody got screwed, it was bama. jesus christ, we are so sloppy sometimes

there are some saying it was a screwjob, but surprisingly most are keeping those folks in check. LSU fans are agreeing with the refs for the most part, yet here some of you guys are trying to justify why we shouldn't have even came close to beating LSU.

it was a dumb dumb dumb play call by LSU. like i said before, did they REALLY believe they couldn't blow our undersized D-line off the line of scrimmage for a few inches? however, the refs did get the call right as the commentators explained about 3 times. before the ref turned his mic on and explained it one of the commentators was already saying the right guard jerked back and it was going to be on LSU. as for everyone here crying their little eyes out about the officiating, you should check out an LSU board.

But the call was for "Illegal Snap" wasn't it? Not that it matters in the end.

But the call was for "Illegal Snap" wasn't it? Not that it matters in the end.

yes, illegal simulation of a snap i believe.

Let's ease up and allow uat to celebrate their moral victory. Pay no attention to that Team in Starkvega$.

Let's ease up and allow uat to celebrate their moral victory. Pay no attention to that Team in Starkvega$.

so i'm guessing you're not going to answer my question about the thread you started that has mysteriously disappeared from the board?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, we'll pay a little more attention to them than Aubarn did :poke:

The rule isn't "you can overturn it if you get evidence of still shots 3 days later that indicate the call on the field was wrong"

So you're complaining about a correct call because you dont think the replay official could have seen the ball hitting the ground at the time? Wow. You think the replay official lied about seeing the ball hit the ground (even though it did) just to hurt Alabama?

I've never seen so many calls overturned in a single game. But honestly, every one was the right call. All of those were called in Bama's favor incorrectly on the field. I guess if we didn't have instant replay Alabama would have won easily.

Archived