BookGate

AUdad4kicks

these are college kids who took advantage of a system for a little extra cash something I am sure a large majority of college kids would of done themselves in a similar situation.

They did not holdup a bank or knock over a liquor store.

Wrong is wrong. Is there a difference in a little bit guilty and a lot guilty?

Why isn't there more consideration of the legal ramifications instead of only the NCAA or internal UA/team violations?

Because that would mean the school would press charges on their own football players. I'm pretty sure the BOT, Mal, and Saban would have something to say about that.

Maybe after football season. Couldn't have it get in the way of a game or anything.

NCAA Reinstates Eligibility of 5 Football Student-Athletes

Release: 11/17/2007

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The University of Alabama was informed this morning by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) that five football student-athletes who have been serving suspensions imposed by the University have had their eligibility reinstated effective at the conclusion of today’s game against the University of Louisiana-Monroe.

The five student-athletes – Marlon Davis, Antoine Caldwell, Chris Rogers, Glen Coffee and Marquis Johnson – were suspended by the University on October 20 due to improper receipt of textbooks. Earlier this week, the University submitted to the NCAA a report on an ongoing inquiry by the school regarding this situation. Today’s ruling was the NCAA’s response to that report.

-UA-

http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle.dbml?D...;ATCLID=1321074

It cracks me up that they were reinstated just in time for the Iron Bowl. I told my wife two weeks ago that they would become eligible "just in time" for the game. I have no idea what the situation was with Brad Lester, but it took nine months for him to regain eligilbility. Call it conspiracy theory if you want to, but it IS interesting.

yeah, i mean the NCAA is falling all OVER itself to help Alabama sweep an NCAA infraction under the rug. the NCAA cleared them to play, it wasn't the university's call to just suddenly say that they are now cleared to play.

Archived