Interesting post from a bammer forum

TitanTiger

Snatched just before the delete button was hit (I added some paragraph breaks to ease reading). I'm gonna keep in here in the main forum for a few days so it gets maximum exposure. Some of these bammer recruits need to ask themselves what they might be getting themselves into:

snapper1 wrote: Player on team stated that team practice this week was not good and has not been good for last couple of weeks since text book scandle. Key player told his mom that team morale is down because many feel Saban treats certain players different than others.

Many felt Saban did not stick up for text book five and others and harshly treats them when JPW gets a pass. Case in point many on team wonder why JJ was not playing and KB was not playing when they both played last year. Don't count JJ's fumble today. Players also wondered why Prince was in the dog house when other players were not for similar problems. Also many wonder why JPW kept playing he was not the best and had terrible problems at practice.

Player stated to mom that many believe Saban signals [sic] out players he doesn't like and purposely does damage to their playing time to hurt their careers. The team really was down when DJ was suspended for a clash with Saban this week at practice. Apparently DJ was all over JPW for poor throws at practice and the two had an altercation. Players say Saban took sides and backed jpw. Many on the team saw this as another Saban bias against certain players.

They say Saban will kill a player by saying he is lazy or doesn't work hard when actually he doesn't give them a chance to make "it up". Player stated issues with Prince hall, KB, Upchurch, Fanney, Caldwell, Woodall, JJ, Stover, Luther Davis and other.... Player says that is why player mentioned have not played as much until really necessary. That is why we see Lowe at rb, Arenas at safety, no LD, little Stover.

Another poster earlier in the week alluded to the same inside info that saban gets personal when he has it out for a player and keeps them in the dog house. Player told his mom that Saban has lost the team and many feel like transferring, or not playing hard to make him look bad. Player states there is some what a racial thing growing on the team. Team is hurting and doesnt know what to do. Saban even said during post game comments that team had bad week of practice and that he tried to motivate them.

You know, Wincrimson, who claims to have close contact with the team, has been insinuating that many players on the team won't be playing next year.

It's all part of the plan. All part of "the process."

Just heard the textbook 5 are going to come back next week. Sounds like a lot of he said she said stuff, but something is surely wrong. My goodness, LAMO? Aren't they the ones who almost beat Ole Miss? Wonder how true this is?

This is not surprising. I believe a certain radio host, who will remain nameless, even made the comment that King Saban would "get rid of 50 or 60" if he could. Not exactly what recruits want to hear. When Lloyd Carr annouces his retirement on Monday, the rumor mill will start spinning. Don't be surprised to see Miles go to Michigan... would King Saban scoot back to LSU? What about Notre Dame? After experiencing a year in football pergatory and life among the Bammer Bubbas he just might. That wouldn't surprise me either. He has no buyout to worry about. He can go if/when he pleases. :blink:

It's all heresay. $abun is a good coach. Look at what his recruits are doing at LSU. He's worth every penny. Why, I bet those guys just don't want $abun's help getting to the NFL. Wait 'til $abun gets his own recruits there and then uat will take its rightful place back in cfb. He wasn hired to be nice to the players. He was hired to win football games. Period. {yadda, yadda, yadda ...}

I have no knowledge of how much truth or accuracy (if any) there is in this report, but neither Saban trying to run off some of Shula's players to free up some scholarships for his own, nor Saban getting so arrogant or delusional that he becomes blind to problems that don't exist in his personal view of "reality" would surprize me.

Are you seriously suggesting that LSU would entertain thoughts of Saban returning?

I seriously would not be that surprised if Saban left after only one pathetic season. But I doubt it would be LSU, though stranger things have happened. Right now he can still chalk up the Alabama debacle to situational problems rather than his own egocentric insanity. However, if he stays there another year or two in mediocrity, then his market value will drop significantly. And we all know it's all about the market value for him, and not the kids or the process or any other thing except money.

One thing is for sure, though. IF Saban leaves Alabama, then pack it up boys. That was their best chance to get "back" to where they used to be.

If the ND job opens (which it probably won't, but it definitely should), I could see him going there. I don't think LSU touches him with a 10ft pole. However, with all the hype he got coming into the season, I think his market value has already taken a significant hit. Even if ND does open, I don't see them matching or upping his current salary. They played the absurd salary game once, and Saban has yet to prove himself. Would he take a pay cut for a cake schedule and ridiculous national attention?

Are you seriously suggesting that LSU would entertain thoughts of Saban returning?

Nothing would surprise me. Don't think for one minute that King $aban won't at least think about it... yep, all he would have to say (lie) would be that "mama called, and I couldn't say no".... They will deny it here... but I really believe most of the LSU folks would welcome him "home" in a heartbeat.

It depends on whether LSU wins the MNC this year or not. If they do, I would say no way Saban goes back to follow Miles then. If they fall short, I would say they might believe Saban would have finished the job and hire him.

This post from Crimpson Tusks cracked me up...

Posted by bamanaf

"SABAN MUST ANSWER TO THE ALABAMA FAN BASE ABOUT THE HORRIFIC SITUATION HE'S GOT US IN"

Posted by bamanaf

"SABAN MUST ANSWER TO THE ALABAMA FAN BASE ABOUT THE HORRIFIC SITUATION HE'S GOT US IN"

That guy didn't get the memo from Mal Moore that this is the new direction of the Tide, and that Saban-lust is now part of the Crimson Dogma and must be followed or else. There is no room for those who question or criticize Saban.

Posted by bamanaf

I just heard this fan is suspended from watching the first half of the Auburn v bama game next week.

I seriously would not be that surprised if Saban left after only one pathetic season. But I doubt it would be LSU, though stranger things have happened. Right now he can still chalk up the Alabama debacle to situational problems rather than his own egocentric insanity. However, if he stays there another year or two in mediocrity, then his market value will drop significantly. And we all know it's all about the market value for him, and not the kids or the process or any other thing except money.

One thing is for sure, though. IF Saban leaves Alabama, then pack it up boys. That was their best chance to get "back" to where they used to be.

There are so many big jobs likely to come open this off season, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Saban left after this year. He's got nothing invested in it, and could very easily walk away. Think about, Texas A&M, Nebraska, UCLA, Michigan, Notre Dame, and likely LSU all being potential new jobs. I really don't think we'll see him back at LSU if miles left for michigan, but I could certainly see Saban going to Notre Dame, UCLA, or Nebraska in a heart beat.

les miles isn't going anywhere. there was one way to ensure that he wasn't the next coach: announce retirement immediately. that closed the door on miles unless he's an idiot. michigan isn't going to wait until january 5th to hire a coach. they won't. and no coach is ever ever ever going to leave a team in the middle of national title hunt when he's the leader of the pack. coaches may be greedy. they may be ego-maniacs. they may lust after the spotlight. but ALL OF THEM want the title. he's not going to poison what could be his only chance at a national championship, and that's what would happen if he even entertained the thought of talking to michigan. he's staying in baton rouge.

as for saban leaving, i doubt it. he's got a good job, and he's got his pride to keep him there. that would mean failing at two straight jobs. i just don't see it. the only change at the top i see happening in the sec going into next year is arkansas. that's it. still it will be interesting to see who the next wave of coaches are with openings at michigan, nebraska, arkansas, texas a&m, possibly ucla, and possibly a number of smaller jobs (washington state and pittsburgh spring to mind).

my guess is that we see bobby petrino (snake in the grass cancer that he is) back in college. chris peterson gets hired away from boise, and bo pelini gets called up. there is a lot of talent out there in the coaching ranks.

Miles to Michigan makes total sense (and Miles could very well BELIEVE he can have a secret deal w/ Mich. before the bowls w/out it leaking out). The Michigan job is MUCH more desireable...long term...than LSU. Not that Mich has better facilities, stadium, blah, blah, blah, but simply because the chances of competing ANNUALLY for a MNC in the Big 2+1 is MUCH greater than our little conference from Hell where everybody kills everybody else's chances. And unlike the SEC, the Big 2+1 does not have a conference championship game to kill your MNC chances. Mich. would pay him handsomely and all things considered, it would NOT be a lateral move for Less.

"Bama's back, baby! We goin' bowlin'!"

Nothing would surprise me. Don't think for one minute that King $aban won't at least think about it... yep, all he would have to say (lie) would be that "mama called, and I couldn't say no".... They will deny it here... but I really believe most of the LSU folks would welcome him "home" in a heartbeat.

I don't think so much that Saban will go back to LSU (I don't think they'd want him), but I do think if Miles leaves, Saban will try to snatch some of the LSU players for Bama (or whoever he's with at the time - ND maybe?).

Let the spinning begin....all over the radio this morning it's been "wait til he get's his players"..."these are Shula's recruits"...."didn't know that things were that bad with Shula's recruits"...etc....to nip that in the bud here's a list of the past few years recruitung rankings between AU and AL

AU 2007-#7 2006-#10 2005-#13 2004-#21

AL 2007-#10 2006-#11 2005-#18 2004#15

If there is such a thing as an average in recruiting. We averaged out as #12 through 4yrs and AL averaged out at #13....so there isn't any excuses when it comes to recruiting. Period

Not that I think Saban is leaving, although I wouldn't be surprised, but does anything think he/Michigan might be interested in each other? This is an actual question, not throwing out rumors. I know he obviously coached at Michigan State - would that preclude Michigan from being interested? Any one here more familiar with that neck of the woods and what the Meechigan thoughts would be?

By the way....21-14....Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Let the spinning begin....all over the radio this morning it's been "wait til he get's his players"..."these are Shula's recruits"...."didn't know that things were that bad with Shula's recruits"...etc....to nip that in the bud here's a list of the past few years recruitung rankings between AU and AL

AU 2007-#7 2006-#10 2005-#13 2004-#21

AL 2007-#10 2006-#11 2005-#18 2004#15

If there is such a thing as an average in recruiting. We averaged out as #12 through 4yrs and AL averaged out at #13....so there isn't any excuses when it comes to recruiting. Period

Well there's those dang facts again!

Archived