Bammer Frustration

rtftiger

Okay, the latest bammer line is totally offensive to me.

This is a comment on Crimson Chatter by Paul Gattis:

"Our current Tide team is, collectively, a bunch of losers, no matter who the coach is." And this is not the first time that I heard that today.

It is one thing to single out the poor play of an offensive lineman who gets beat every other play. It is quite another to call the entire collection of 18-22 year olds "a bunch of losers."

I don't think that this attitude will hurt them with recruits. They don't seem to pay attention to that kind of thing. But, it is shameful.

A coach gets paid a lot of money to make a lot of difference. In some cases, good coaches actually do make a huge difference. Leavitt, Schiano, and Rodriguez are all doing great things with quite a different talent pool.

I don't mind if bammers don't want to point at Saban. Just lay off the kids! This is nuts.

Okay, the latest bammer line is totally offensive to me.

This is a comment on Crimson Chatter by Paul Gattis:

"Our current Tide team is, collectively, a bunch of losers, no matter who the coach is." And this is not the first time that I heard that today.

It is one thing to single out the poor play of an offensive lineman who gets beat every other play. It is quite another to call the entire collection of 18-22 year olds "a bunch of losers."

I don't think that this attitude will hurt them with recruits. They don't seem to pay attention to that kind of thing. But, it is shameful.

A coach gets paid a lot of money to make a lot of difference. In some cases, good coaches actually do make a huge difference. Leavitt, Schiano, and Rodriguez are all doing great things with quite a different talent pool.

I don't mind if bammers don't want to point at Saban. Just lay off the kids! This is nuts.

I've heards many bammers calling for saban's head already.

This same group of "losers" beat ULM 42-7 last year. Gattis is way out of line. No reason to call these kids losers.

It boggles the mind how bammers can throw their players under the bus.

Not only because we have heard for the last 4 years that Shula is recruiting "lights out" until that day he lost to Mississippi State (a feat $aban has managed in his first year), but there is no way that anyone in their right mind can say that essentially this same group of kids that played last year can win this game 42-7, and this year those same kids (+1 year added experience) lose this one 21-14 can be attributed to ANYTHING, but coaching.

It's plain and simple, bammer

Mike Shula > Nick Saban.

Yes, I really and truly absolutely believe that. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, and you'll deny it all day, but it can't be any clearer. You paid an insane amount of money to take a step backwards. Congrats.

Prior to this weekend (well, really prior to the Mississippi State weekend) when bammers would rabidly declare Saban a God that would win them 12 more National Championships, I would meet them in the middle with "He's certainly better than Shula, but I don't think he's heads and tails above any other SEC coach, with the exception of maybe Ogeron and Nutt. I now completely retract that and firmly believe that he is a garbage coach.

You paid $4 million to trade your slightly better than average Maxima for a 1978 Buick that you were conned into thinking was a custom one of a kind Bentley that you would only find in a rapper's garage.

To be honest, I wouldn't want him coaching my program with a no buyout total lockdown gaurenteed contract.

Hes a horrible person.

Wouldn't you want a no buyout if your coach was losing to ULM?

To be honest, I wouldn't want him coaching my program with a no buyout total lockdown gaurenteed contract.

Hes a horrible person.

Wouldn't you want a no buyout if your coach was losing to ULM?

I thought if they fired him, they owed him every dime. But if he left of his own accord, no money needed.

This same group of "losers" beat ULM 42-7 last year. Gattis is way out of line. No reason to call these kids losers.

I need to make myself clear. It was not Gattis who called the players "losers." I'm sorry that was unclear. It was a fan who commented on the Gattis blog.

My two roommates who are both huge Alabama fans are now "not" Alabama fans anymore but Troy fans. My one roommate told me he was always just a Troy fan and Alabama was never his team. (has pictures of The Behr all over his room) They were laughing at me non stop when MSU beat Auburn. Then when they lost to MSU they said it was just a fluke. Now I get back in my apartment last night and all I hear is how big of Troy fans they are. I was sure to put the Alabama ULM game on TV and turn it up so they could hear it.

My two roommates who are both huge Alabama fans are now "not" Alabama fans anymore but Troy fans. My one roommate told me he was always just a Troy fan and Alabama was never his team. (has pictures of The Behr all over his room) They were laughing at me non stop when MSU beat Auburn. Then when they lost to MSU they said it was just a fluke. Now I get back in my apartment last night and all I hear is how big of Troy fans they are. I was sure to put the Alabama ULM game on TV and turn it up so they could hear it.

You room with Alabama fans? Seriously?

Yeah, it was hard to keep reading after that first sentence. Did you lose a bet? Not one, but TWO Alabama fan roommates?

Ok, everyone pass the hat so we can raise money so that he can afford to move out on his own.

Yeah, it was hard to keep reading after that first sentence. Did you lose a bet? Not one, but TWO Alabama fan roommates?

Ok, everyone pass the hat so we can raise money so that he can afford to move out on his own.

I have a rich uncle. Consider it done. Check is in the mail. Be out of there within 72 hours. Shower, more than once. Burn anything and everything that came in direct contact. Change your name. If counseling is needed, counseling shall be given. Son, it will be nice to have you back. Please consider yourself saved.

I have a rich uncle. Consider it done. Check is in the mail. Be out of there within 72 hours. Shower, more than once. Burn anything and everything that came in direct contact. Change your name. If counseling is needed, counseling shall be given. Son, it will be nice to have you back. Please consider yourself saved.

Hey, I have THREE bammer roommates.

PM me for my address.

At least one of my roommates is an Auburn fan. The luck of the random roommate deal here at Troy.

Yeah, actually I was kidding. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea. One roommate is an Auburn fan (though not an alum) and the other is a Troy fan only (but hates bammer slightly more).

Mike Shula > Nick Saban.

Yes, I really and truly absolutely believe that. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, and you'll deny it all day, but it can't be any clearer. You paid an insane amount of money to take a step backwards. Congrats.

My first response to this was it was crazy; on second thought, go back to the Saban years at LSU. No reasonable observer of college football can say that Shula wouldn't have had the same success as Saban with those players and that staff. There's NOTHING in Saban's career that leads me to believe he is a great college football coach. Tuberville's accomplishment of going undefeated in 2004 was more meaningful than LSU's BCS NC year. In fact, Shula going 10-2 a few years ago with the players he was stuck with was probably a better coaching job than Saban has ever done...

Please pay those bammer's for the pizza. No one's that tight? I could not live in the same house with a Bammer,

They never brush there Tooth. And Beer and Old Spice just don't mix

Archived