Ole Miss Hires Nutt

AcctTiger

Nutt and Ole Miss probably talked well before any of us knew about it. <--- Pure speculation.

That is a big upgrade for Ole Miss. The Rebs made a huge mistake when they fired Cutcliffe, then they compounded the mistake by hiring Orgeron. I was a little suprised they fired Coach O that quidkly, but it was probably the right thing. He was the worst coach in the SEC this year (now that Shula is gone). Nutt is a decent coach and he always plays Auburn tough. I was hoping we were done having to play him.

This just added some spice to the Ole Miss - Arkansas game.

Boy, the SEC has gotten a bit more incestuous in the last few years. Half of the coaches in the Western Division were at one time head coaches at another Western Division school.

Ole Miss has made the biggest mistake in the history of their program. If they thought Shrek was bad I can't wait to see what they have to say in three years! Croom just got spotted points in the egg bowl.

Ole Miss has made the biggest mistake in the history of their program. If they thought Shrek was bad I can't wait to see what they have to say in three years! Croom just got spotted points in the egg bowl.

I disagree. I think Nutt is a big step up from Orgeron. Coach O was the worst coach in the SEC. I think Nutt is middle of the pack in the SEC.

Coach O was BAD. I mean REAL bad, but I think Nutt did more to piss of the fans and halfway coach up a talented team.

I hate them both, so the only way this could get any better is if Ark hires either Elmer Fudd from ESPN (aka Lou H) or hires the guy from OK State.

I disagree as well...... (I posted the below in the thread about this on the main board, so here it is again)

I actually think this is a great hire by Ole Miss. Nutt is a great recruiter and a good coach and I think he will turn Ole Miss around. It will take some time but I think he can do it. Its the Arky admin and fans that made it hard for Nutt to be very successfull. From what i'm hearing Ark offered Nutt $2.4 million to stay on board but took less money to go to a school in far worse shape..... that right there should tell you how unhappy he was at Ark. I bet he can't wait till his date in Fayettville next season.

Again.... GREAT hire by Ole Miss.

This is hilarious. By no stretch of the imagination can Ole Miss be considered a better job then Arky. He wasn't fired. He was hired away by Ole Miss.

When that reality sets in the hawg fans are gonna realize that they really hurt themselves. All those planes flying over the stadium, and great signs that they made.

Who are they gonna hire?

This is hilarious. By no stretch of the imagination can Ole Miss be considered a better job then Arky. He wasn't fired. He was hired away by Ole Miss.

When that reality sets in the hawg fans are gonna realize that they really hurt themselves. All those planes flying over the stadium, and great signs that they made.

Who are they gonna hire?

Agree. HE left Arkanasas because he felt he woulndt have everbody on the same heartbeat :blink:

So now he went from a team that actually had a chance to compete in the SEC west to a team that didnt even win a SEC game this year.

Who are they gonna hire?

Agree. HE left Arkanasas because he felt he woulndt have everbody on the same heartbeat :blink:

So now he went from a team that actually had a chance to compete in the SEC west to a team that didnt even win a SEC game this year.

Because he was in for a 6 or 7 win season in '08 without D-Mac. He also lost his security blanket when Broyles retired, so he knew his time was limited in NWA anyway. I think he will definitely be an upgrade from Yaw Yaw in Oxford, but I don't know how well he will really do there.

Who are they gonna hire?

I'll probably state this wrong, but except for Eli when were they last a quality team? Even then it was Eli that concerned you. When CTT was there he made them respectable, but they were still bottom dwellers.

Nutt is not a great hire for Ole Miss, he is an average coach going to a less than average program. His SEC record is only 4 games above .500, and only because of his record vs the Miss schools. The man is not a great recruiter, he had some good players at Arky but he could never coach them up to be a really good team. He is terrible with qb's other than Matt Jones, he ran off several at Arkansas. The best thing that could happen to the Rebels is if Nutt chokes on a fingernail and has to retire.

Maybe so, but he went from being unemployed to a guaranteed job in 2009.

Archived