bammer jet is in Baton Rouge

AU-Dave

As long as Skip Bertman is at LSU, Nick Saban will never return there

And how much longer is Skip going to be AD? B)

Good question. I would say Skip retires in 4-5 years. I have heard he is getting tired of the job BUT he is a man that LOVES working so I suspect he will step down yet still have some sort of job at LSU

If anyone has ever heard Skip talk publicly after the Saban mess, they know he will NEVER allow him back at LSU under his watch. He is still formal with the family though and publicly would never say anything as harsh

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, someone is off their meds today.

I've got two meds to take a day, and thank goodness for you, it has everything to do with blood pressure and keeping my cool. Okay, blood pressure maybe, but the keeping my cool part is not that difficult unless faced with blatant, stupid lack of common sense and misplaced anger.

You come in here and pout, and ask BS questions just so you can feel better if you endlessly argue and hold off the reality that your football team, coach and season was a complete total laughing stock this year.

yes, i have room to talk because what WarTim said was BLATENTLY inaccurate. not even close. and what Ranger12 said was way off also, especially when he speaks as if he has some inside source. replace CNS and LSU with CTT and Arkansas in what he said, and then let a Bama fan say it and you guys would have thrown a fit.

Well, boo freaking hoo. What do you expect here? What is so different here at AUnation, that you should expect for the rumors and anti-Bama sentiments to NOT fly in here? Your questions don't question motive or correctiveness, they wreak of whineyness and sadness. If you were so gun-ho about defending Bama, you'd be here more than you have been in the past weeks, but truth is, even YOU doubt what the hell is going on.

You continue to whine about it. We'll continue laughing our collective asses off about it.

the reason i didn't reply to the thread you speak of is only because i would just have your ignorant responses to look forward to. there is no point in giving my honest opinion because you will automatically reject it anyways. you already made your mind up by the end of your little hissy fit. but hey, i'm bored and waiting on my gf to get home so i guess i will take a crack.

Well, at least you have someone elses shoulder to cry on tonight. Please give your honest opinion scissors, frankly that's what we love about you guys. Blind honest obliviousness... It's beautiful. Never change.

Hissy fit? No, my friend, this is a pure unadulterated calling out of a constant sidekick to the king of all Bama obliviation... Colonel Campaign himself...Bamagrad...

actually, before the season started i predicted 7-5, 8-4 if the sun, mars, jupiter (plus its moons), and a miracle happened.

Way to aim high.

i would say i wasn't terribly wrong

Just "plain" wrong... Okay..we'll go with that...continue..

since i don't think anyone on this planet honestly thought we would lose to ULM. i did expect there to be more discipline. i was not happy to see DJ Hall come off the bench in the second half. the silver lining out of this season is now we really know where we need to improve. we know who worked out and who didn't. the defense was very surprising. they kept us in games. at the beginning of the season i thought the opposite. i thought our offense would keep us in it. however, with the number of younger players that played on both sides of the ball i would expect some improvement next season. assuming JPW will still start, i think the WR corps needs to step up. we're losing a good bit of guys. and also we will HAVE to find a consistant running game. i really think the LSU game was a killer. i think if we won that one we beat MSU and ULM, and then lose to AU. i really liked our playcalling when we were running a true spread. i don't understand why we kept running this spread/pro-style (Applewhite/Pendry) mix, but it sucked. i know at the beginning of the season CNS did say that we would run a "mixture" of styles, but i don't think it worked out too well. lesson learned i suppose.

Well, I guess that about covers it. It shows you had questions about discipline, the running game, offensive play calling, WR's, defensive play calling, CNS issues, different results against LSU, MSU, ULM (you accept that you'd still lose to AU probably...), offensive coordinators, the mixture of styles...

Well, there's always special teams? Very nice. That's a solid building block RWS.... I can see why you felt you should jump in here and defend Bama so vehemently.

Us Aubs were WAYYYY off about Bama's issues. Thanks for showing us the light.

i will wait until a little closer to the beginning of next season to give an idea of what record we might have at the end of 08. but i think there were many lessons learned this season, and it was a good measuring stick.

How can you say it's a good measuring stick? I'd say it's anything but for the same reasons that you shouldn't predict until closer to the beginning of the 08' season. You said it yourself... You're loosing all kinds of guys, right? How bout the system you'll run? Does anyone know? Shoot, all kinds of systems didn't work this year, did they? I think you're lost. I think Bama is lost right now. If by sooner you mean mid-season, then I digress... Roll with it Carnack.

i can accept some bad seasons if it is worth some winning ones in the end. i'm in no big hurry, and i don't think anyone else should be either.

If anything, Bama has shown the exact opposite when it comes to trending wins towards the end. It's very good to know you're in no big hurry. We aren't either.

Hey, it's been glad going over your response, hissy fit, diatribe, manifesto, whatever you want to call it.

Be sure to say thanks to your GF for picking you up while you were down, when her mom comes to pick her up later.

:thumbsup:

wow, someone is off their meds today. yes, i have room to talk because what WarTim said was BLATENTLY inaccurate. not even close. and what Ranger12 said was way off also, especially when he speaks as if he has some inside source.

Yeah, I am just blowing smoke. How could an Auburn fan possibly have any inside contacts at UAT? You got me WC. :thumbsup:

wow, someone is off their meds today.

I've got two meds to take a day, and thank goodness for you, it has everything to do with blood pressure and keeping my cool. Okay, blood pressure maybe, but the keeping my cool part is not that difficult unless faced with blatant, stupid lack of common sense and misplaced anger.

You come in here and pout, and ask BS questions just so you can feel better if you endlessly argue and hold off the reality that your football team, coach and season was a complete total laughing stock this year.

yes, i have room to talk because what WarTim said was BLATENTLY inaccurate. not even close. and what Ranger12 said was way off also, especially when he speaks as if he has some inside source. replace CNS and LSU with CTT and Arkansas in what he said, and then let a Bama fan say it and you guys would have thrown a fit.

Well, boo freaking hoo. What do you expect here? What is so different here at AUnation, that you should expect for the rumors and anti-Bama sentiments to NOT fly in here? Your questions don't question motive or correctiveness, they wreak of whineyness and sadness. If you were so gun-ho about defending Bama, you'd be here more than you have been in the past weeks, but truth is, even YOU doubt what the hell is going on.

You continue to whine about it. We'll continue laughing our collective asses off about it.

the reason i didn't reply to the thread you speak of is only because i would just have your ignorant responses to look forward to. there is no point in giving my honest opinion because you will automatically reject it anyways. you already made your mind up by the end of your little hissy fit. but hey, i'm bored and waiting on my gf to get home so i guess i will take a crack.

Well, at least you have someone elses shoulder to cry on tonight. Please give your honest opinion scissors, frankly that's what we love about you guys. Blind honest obliviousness... It's beautiful. Never change.

Hissy fit? No, my friend, this is a pure unadulterated calling out of a constant sidekick to the king of all Bama obliviation... Colonel Campaign himself...Bamagrad...

actually, before the season started i predicted 7-5, 8-4 if the sun, mars, jupiter (plus its moons), and a miracle happened.

Way to aim high.

i would say i wasn't terribly wrong

Just "plain" wrong... Okay..we'll go with that...continue..

since i don't think anyone on this planet honestly thought we would lose to ULM. i did expect there to be more discipline. i was not happy to see DJ Hall come off the bench in the second half. the silver lining out of this season is now we really know where we need to improve. we know who worked out and who didn't. the defense was very surprising. they kept us in games. at the beginning of the season i thought the opposite. i thought our offense would keep us in it. however, with the number of younger players that played on both sides of the ball i would expect some improvement next season. assuming JPW will still start, i think the WR corps needs to step up. we're losing a good bit of guys. and also we will HAVE to find a consistant running game. i really think the LSU game was a killer. i think if we won that one we beat MSU and ULM, and then lose to AU. i really liked our playcalling when we were running a true spread. i don't understand why we kept running this spread/pro-style (Applewhite/Pendry) mix, but it sucked. i know at the beginning of the season CNS did say that we would run a "mixture" of styles, but i don't think it worked out too well. lesson learned i suppose.

Well, I guess that about covers it. It shows you had questions about discipline, the running game, offensive play calling, WR's, defensive play calling, CNS issues, different results against LSU, MSU, ULM (you accept that you'd still lose to AU probably...), offensive coordinators, the mixture of styles...

Well, there's always special teams? Very nice. That's a solid building block RWS.... I can see why you felt you should jump in here and defend Bama so vehemently.

Us Aubs were WAYYYY off about Bama's issues. Thanks for showing us the light.

i will wait until a little closer to the beginning of next season to give an idea of what record we might have at the end of 08. but i think there were many lessons learned this season, and it was a good measuring stick.

How can you say it's a good measuring stick? I'd say it's anything but for the same reasons that you shouldn't predict until closer to the beginning of the 08' season. You said it yourself... You're loosing all kinds of guys, right? How bout the system you'll run? Does anyone know? Shoot, all kinds of systems didn't work this year, did they? I think you're lost. I think Bama is lost right now. If by sooner you mean mid-season, then I digress... Roll with it Carnack.

i can accept some bad seasons if it is worth some winning ones in the end. i'm in no big hurry, and i don't think anyone else should be either.

If anything, Bama has shown the exact opposite when it comes to trending wins towards the end. It's very good to know you're in no big hurry. We aren't either.

Hey, it's been glad going over your response, hissy fit, diatribe, manifesto, whatever you want to call it.

Be sure to say thanks to your GF for picking you up while you were down, when her mom comes to pick her up later.

:thumbsup:

thank you for proving my point. this is why i normally try to avoid replying to anything you post because you go off on some ignorant tangent every time. i actually come here to have decent discussion with folks, not have a Woodshed-type discussion anytime i post. you asked me to reply to it, and i did and you jump my case for replying to it. then you whine that i haven't been on here much in the past few weeks, when half the time you whine that i'm here posting. what is your malfunction? all you know how to do is have Woodshed-type posts and it really gets old. i bet it just drove you up the wall that i wouldn't bite the bait and you had to prod me to take it. i didn't feel the need to "jump in" and defend my team, as you put it. you practically begged me to. then you did exactly what i told you that you would do. my position on the situation is fairly reasonable. as i have told WarTim, i don't need your permission to support my team. you don't need my permission to support yours either. oh, and way to throw in the line about my gf. really showing your maturity there. :rolleyes:

Good question. I would say Skip retires in 4-5 years. I have heard he is getting tired of the job BUT he is a man that LOVES working so I suspect he will step down yet still have some sort of job at LSU

If anyone has ever heard Skip talk publicly after the Saban mess, they know he will NEVER allow him back at LSU under his watch. He is still formal with the family though and publicly would never say anything as harsh

Bertman's out in 2008.

WC, just the fact that even people involved with the UAT football team were suspicious that Saban may have been talking to LSU should tell you how trustworthy that Slick Nick is. Just because Miles is signing a new contract with LSU still does not mean that Nicky boy and LSU were not talking before the big announcement was made. How does anybody know that Miles was not talking to Michigan and then LSU started whispering Nick Saban's way just in case they could not keep Miles. Considering Miles had expressed interest in Michigan before, LSU would have been only smart to already be thinking ahead if Miles turned down their extension offer.

Then again all of the rumors and speculation could just have been total bs. Nobody ever said Saban was going to LSU. However, you are being naive to think that Saban would not have listened if they did show interest in him. The guy has already shown how sneaky he is. He was already talking to UAT halfway through the Dolphins season, thus basically bailing on them. Not to mention he was talking to UAT when Shula still had games to coach. So please do not try to convince us the Saban is some sort of trustworthy guy that is loyal to UAT.

Bertman's out in 2008.

Right. June of '08

We will see if that sticks. He was going to "retire" from the Baseball team several times as well.

I still say he stays on until '09

WC, just the fact that even people involved with the UAT football team were suspicious that Saban may have been talking to LSU should tell you how trustworthy that Slick Nick is. Just because Miles is signing a new contract with LSU still does not mean that Nicky boy and LSU were not talking before the big announcement was made. How does anybody know that Miles was not talking to Michigan and then LSU started whispering Nick Saban's way just in case they could not keep Miles. Considering Miles had expressed interest in Michigan before, LSU would have been only smart to already be thinking ahead if Miles turned down their extension offer.

Then again all of the rumors and speculation could just have been total bs. Nobody ever said Saban was going to LSU. However, you are being naive to think that Saban would not have listened if they did show interest in him. The guy has already shown how sneaky he is. He was already talking to UAT halfway through the Dolphins season, thus basically bailing on them. Not to mention he was talking to UAT when Shula still had games to coach. So please do not try to convince us the Saban is some sort of trustworthy guy that is loyal to UAT.

You just used "loyal" and "uat" in the same sentence.

Just sayin'......

You guys continue looking for him to wearing purple and gold, and I'll continue searching for Lochness. We'll both be equally as successful.

Just a brief interruption for the sake of geography:

If you have trouble finding Loch Ness, chalk it up to Bama education. Loch Ness is the biggest lake in Scotland and can be found on any map of the country. (...now what may or may not be living in the Loch is a different story.) :big::poke:

{"I need about tree-fiddy" :lol: ...Southpark, anyone?}

thank you for proving my point.

I love it when you say this first. It's a guarantee that you've got no good response, and spin is afoot.

this is why i normally try to avoid replying to anything you post because you go off on some ignorant tangent every time.

Tell me where I'm wrong? In fact, that's the question and answer you STILL fail to provide. You refuse to say we were right on anything. There were no "ignorant tangents" in that reply RWS, just cold hard facts on where Auburn fans stand, that you can't ignore....although you do a real dandy good job of doing it anyway.

i actually come here to have decent discussion with folks, not have a Woodshed-type discussion anytime i post. you asked me to reply to it, and i did and you jump my case for replying to it. then you whine that i haven't been on here much in the past few weeks, when half the time you whine that i'm here posting. what is your malfunction?

Seperating fact from fiction is not a bammer's usual strong suit, so focus just for a second. Maybe it's closer to Woodshed material, but that's what you drive us to. You're not in here having a "discussion" RWS, you posted smart a** bantering questions to Ranger 12 and WarTim, as if you'd been in here dropping truth bombs on all us silly Aubs. Truth is, you haven't. You haven't been in here in weeks, except to drop the occassional, BG type questions to stir the pot, as opposed to explaining yourself. I just called you on it. I mean, really, what's new about that? Yes, I made the comment about you not being here, because you haven't been. You dissappeared because you had nothing to say. If you'd just admit that we were right in here on most of what happened to Bammer this year, and stopped with the direct smart a** questions to people that have been right 5 times more than being wrong, you'd get along a little easier in here.

all you know how to do is have Woodshed-type posts and it really gets old. i bet it just drove you up the wall that i wouldn't bite the bait and you had to prod me to take it.

Welcome to my catch cooler anyway RWS. Don't worry, I'll take that hook out of your mouth soon enough.

i didn't feel the need to "jump in" and defend my team, as you put it. you practically begged me to. then you did exactly what i told you that you would do. my position on the situation is fairly reasonable. as i have told WarTim, i don't need your permission to support my team. you don't need my permission to support yours either.

I'm sorry we don't take the bammer line like you do RWS. However, as long as you continue to try your smart alleck questions, and continue to ignore facts, continue to argue till the point of insanity, there will always be more of us here to continue to point out what a double-standard, oblivious, chattering bammer you are.

oh, and way to throw in the line about my gf. really showing your maturity there. :rolleyes:

Again, banter, smacktalk, is lost on you. You obviously can't do it well, and certainly can NOT take it in return.

That's not my problem. :thumbsup:

That dang "girl scout" tried to sell me some cookies. How much were they? Tree-fiddy.

That dang "girl scout" tried to sell me some cookies. How much were they? Tree-fiddy.

you gave her tree-fiddy?------------I gave her tree-fiddy.

Archived