Coach R Rod lets staffers go

SixtySix_from_USF

http://wvgazette.com/section/Sports/2007122045

Was there not one of them worth keeping?

New era means a clean sweep. The spread is a new type of offense UM will be running so why not bring in people who understand it and have been coaching it before? I don't think it's that unusual for a new HC to want to bring in his own people. He's got to be able to trust the assistants he hires.

WVU gave up like 120 points a game under Rich Rod...firing English is a great move. Stick with the guy who sucks a** and fire the guy who's a good coach.

I agree with the point of your post, but don't forget that English wanted the HC job. I know that in reality English would give his 100% as Rod's DC, but I can't blame Rod if he doesn't trust English. You never want to give anyone the chance to create animosity between the players and the HC.

I see your point there. I just think he's being loyal to his own assistants to a fault. I always hate system coaches who don't touch the defense and just assume that because they score 40 a game that they can give up 35.

Mike Leach, Rich Rod et al...will continue to have crappy defenses. One of my biggest fears about when we almost got Rich Rod was that he'd bring his DC and fire Joe Kines. Because that shiz don't fly in the SEC.

Good thing he went to Michigan. But those fans wont put up with 37-35 shootouts every game either.

Right or wrong it's the new coaches prerogative to hire the assistants he wants.

“I can understand that he wants to bring in the people that have been with him for years,’’ defensive coordinator Ron English told The Associated Press after having dinner with the coaching staff

Right or wrong it's the new coaches prerogative to hire the assistants he wants.

“I can understand that he wants to bring in the people that have been with him for years,’’ defensive coordinator Ron English told The Associated Press after having dinner with the coaching staff

Exactly.

captainobvious.jpg

With all the discussion about "he shouldn't have", it must not have been so obvious.

Just because it's the coach's prerogative to hire whatever assistants he wants doesn't mean we have to sit back and agree. This is a discussion board, right? Or do we just report the news? Rich Rod is a moron for sticking with his inept defensive coordinator. This season, West Virginia has given up 17.25 points per game, and this is supposed to be the best Mountaineer team yet. Last season, they gave up 21.69 points per game. And these are points given up to Big East talent. You're saying he SHOULD HAVE kept the same defensive coaches? Because according to my concept of playing defensive football, he shouldn't have. Thus the discussion had between members of this forum.

With all the discussion about "he shouldn't have", it must not have been so obvious.

Just because it's the coach's prerogative to hire whatever assistants he wants doesn't mean we have to sit back and agree. This is a discussion board, right? Or do we just report the news? Rich Rod is a moron for sticking with his inept defensive coordinator. This season, West Virginia has given up 17.25 points per game, and this is supposed to be the best Mountaineer team yet. Last season, they gave up 21.69 points per game. And these are points given up to Big East talent. You're saying he SHOULD HAVE kept the same defensive coaches? Because according to my concept of playing defensive football, he shouldn't have. Thus the discussion had between members of this forum.

IMO the big east top to bottom is better than the big11. Its not like Michigans defense was a bunch of world beaters either

Obviously you have a reading comprehension problem. Where did I say that he SHOULD HAVE kept the same defensive coaches? I didn't. I merely said it was his prerogative, which it is, is it not? So un-bunch your panties and get a grip.

Thus the discussion had between members of this forum.

Which I participated in and you seem to have a problem with. There is an old saying, tuff $hit.

Obviously you have a reading comprehension problem. Where did I say that he SHOULD HAVE kept the same defensive coaches? I didn't. I merely said it was his prerogative, which it is, is it not? So un-bunch your panties and get a grip.

Which I participated in and you seem to have a problem with. There is an old saying, tuff $hit.

Guffaw. You didn't say anything about him keeping coaches or not keeping coaches. You reminded us that it's up to him - like we don't know any better. Like our brains can't collectively contrive that notion.

Then you said all the "he shouldn't have" comments made it sound like we didn't know that.

Tell me, Mr. Mike, what was the purpose of your contribution to the discussion? What exactly did you say that had any relevance to what we were posting? Because maybe my reading comprehension isn't all that developed like yours, and I need a little help.

This season, West Virginia has given up 17.25 points per game, and this is supposed to be the best Mountaineer team yet.

Just to point out, we had one of the better defenses in the nation and we allowed around 16 points on average.

I am not sure I like West Virginia's D coordinator but Ron English showed he didn't have the X's and O's defensive mind when he started getting lit up towards the end of 06 and all of 07. Michigans defense has only done well against pro style offenses and anything using tricks or misdirection is too effective against them.

Ron may end up a great DC and right now he is a great personality and inspirational Defense coach but he seems to be missing some fundamentals.

I think my point is that neither answer was correct for Rod and he should have gone outside the WV and the Mich family for a new DC.

This season, West Virginia has given up 17.25 points per game, and this is supposed to be the best Mountaineer team yet.

Just to point out, we had one of the better defenses in the nation and we allowed around 16 points on average.

I am not sure I like West Virginia's D coordinator but Ron English showed he didn't have the X's and O's defensive mind when he started getting lit up towards the end of 06 and all of 07. Michigans defense has only done well against pro style offenses and anything using tricks or misdirection is too effective against them.

Ron may end up a great DC and right now he is a great personality and inspirational Defense coach but he seems to be missing some fundamentals.

I think my point is that neither answer was correct for Rod and he should have gone outside the WV and the Mich family for a new DC.

That's what I thought as well.

And even though we had a stout defense, we did have a few blunders. The 2nd halves of the LSU and Georgia games were abysmal. We evened out with a few 6 point and 7 point performances.

I thought Rich Rod had the opportunity to go hire a hot defensive coordinator or a position coach from the NFL. Keeping the same guy doesn't make much sense - then again, if Rich Rod is anything like Tuberville, he's going to stick with what he's had from the beginning.

Guffaw. You didn't say anything about him keeping coaches or not keeping coaches. You reminded us that it's up to him - like we don't know any better. Like our brains can't collectively contrive that notion.

Then you said all the "he shouldn't have" comments made it sound like we didn't know that.

Tell me, Mr. Mike, what was the purpose of your contribution to the discussion? What exactly did you say that had any relevance to what we were posting? Because maybe my reading comprehension isn't all that developed like yours, and I need a little help.

Yeah you do need help. Psychological help. As well as 3rd and 4th grade reading refresher.

And you have contributed how? By being your normal asshat self?

Yeah you do need help. Psychological help. As well as 3rd and 4th grade reading refresher.

And you have contributed how? By being your normal asshat self?

Let it go, old timer.

I'm starting to think that we're just supposed to report the news and then wait for the "official" position to be decreed from high on Mount Strumpet. Then we can all nod along in harmonious agreement.

I watched "They Live" the other night. Rowdy Roddy Piper fighting aliens who were trying to use subliminal messages to lull humans into a false sense of security so as to weaken the race. I wish I had me some of those sunglasses, I really do.

I'm starting to think that we're just supposed to report the news and then wait for the "official" position to be decreed from high on Mount Strumpet. Then we can all nod along in harmonious agreement.

I watched "They Live" the other night. Rowdy Roddy Piper fighting aliens who were trying to use subliminal messages to lull humans into a false sense of security so as to weaken the race. I wish I had me some of those sunglasses, I really do.

The funniest part of that movie is when he's trying to get the other guy to try on the sunglasses, and he refuses to even try, and then Rowdy & him commence to wailing on one another, trading haymakers until they're exhausted. It's so absurd it's funny. B)

invasionbodysnatch-78-21.jpg

"I keep seeing these people, all recognizing each other. Something is passing between them all, some secret. It's a conspiracy, I know it." (different movie)

CONFORM TO THE GROUPTHINK.

Archived