Cameron out at Miami

runswithscissors

his first day officially on the job and Parcells fires Cam Cameron. Cameron and the front office made some poor draft decisions for this season, and it showed. i figured they would give him another year, so i'm a little surprised.....but not entirely.

Miami really needs a new coach. I think Parcells will fix all the mess that Saban left at Miami.

Hopefully it will pay off for them.

exactly what mess did CNS leave? Cameron and the front office are the ones that got rid of the majority of CNS' players. Cameron decided to trade their top WR.

Oh, I see. After 2 marginal years and multiple bad personel choices with a few good moves and then a sudden abandonment after a bad season and Saban had no negative impact on the Dolphins?

Revisionist history and Bammer shaded glasses strike again.

Miami really needs a new coach. I think Parcells will fix all the mess that Saban left at Miami.

The mess Saban made during his two years will take a long time to fix.

Oh, I see. After 2 marginal years and multiple bad personel choices with a few good moves and then a sudden abandonment after a bad season and Saban had no negative impact on the Dolphins?

Revisionist history and Bammer shaded glasses strike again.

there are only 22 players of his on the team. only 7 are starters counting on both sides of the ball. the personnel CNS had managed to win more than 1 game. how is it his fault that players a different coach brought in suck? which particular bad personnel choices were made?

22 players and only 7 of of them are starters, doesn't that alone show he made bad personel choices that 15 of the people he picked up to play aren't able to play?

One of the few good choices he made was drafting Carnell. With no real passing game to go with him they burned Carnell out. Injuries happen to Running backs with no line or pass threat.

If you can't admit that Saban didn't leave Miami in bad shape then you are a delusional fan.

Just because the coach who followed Saban made bad descisions as well doesn't let Saban off the hook.

exactly what mess did CNS leave? Cameron and the front office are the ones that got rid of the majority of CNS' players. Cameron decided to trade their top WR.

If you don't accept that CNS was part of the problem at Miami, then I NEVER want to hear Shula's name brought up as part of the problem in Tuscaloosa.

22 players and only 7 of of them are starters, doesn't that alone show he made bad personel choices that 15 of the people he picked up to play aren't able to play?

One of the few good choices he made was drafting Carnell. With no real passing game to go with him they burned Carnell out. Injuries happen to Running backs with no line or pass threat.

If you can't admit that Saban didn't leave Miami in bad shape then you are a delusional fan.

Just because the coach who followed Saban made bad descisions as well doesn't let Saban off the hook.

I think you mean Ronnie Brown. Caddy is at Tampa Bay.

so your point is now that it is the 2nd and 3rd string players' fault the Phins only won 1 game this season? i think 8 or 9 of those 15 were starters CNS' last season and they managed to win more than 1 game. so you're saying its CNS' fault that Cameron decided to bench some players who won some games last season so new players on the team could play? those players were good enough to win last season. and apparently the guys Cameron played in their place didn't do jack squat. Cameron also buried last season's QB on the depth chart and put a new guy in. but i guess thats CNS' fault also. i would like to hear some specific personnel decisions that were made that you think CNS' screwed the Phins.

as a side note, 1 year ago today CNS left the Dolphins and was hired by UA.

Even if Cam Cameron was the best coach in the NFL he had years of repair to fix this team.

I will agree that Cam Cameron and the staff there made a bad situation far worse than it was. Saban laid the groundwork of crap that Miami has trudged through this year with an idiot, who is now fired for it, at the helm.

No matter how hard you try, Sabans fingerprints are all over this teams failures. Just because another coach did worse with what was left behind doesn't mean that Saban didn't do any damage.

I think you mean Ronnie Brown. Caddy is at Tampa Bay.

Yes, Its a bit confusing sometimes when they both play in florida, both blew out knees this year, and both have teams that have struggled passing the ball. Tampa has gotten better as the season has gone on at passing the ball.

Even if Cam Cameron was the best coach in the NFL he had years of repair to fix this team.

I will agree that Cam Cameron and the staff there made a bad situation far worse than it was. Saban laid the groundwork of crap that Miami has trudged through this year with an idiot, who is now fired for it, at the helm.

No matter how hard you try, Sabans fingerprints are all over this teams failures. Just because another coach did worse with what was left behind doesn't mean that Saban didn't do any damage.

and i keep asking you to give me specifics on how his fingerprints are all over it. the bottom line is Cameron and the front office decided to bench/trade players from a previous regime, which i guess it not all that uncommon. and my point is perhaps they made a mistake in trading some of those people. hindsight is 20/20 i suppose. i'm sure there are some things CNS is responsible for messing up, but to say "this whole thing is CNS' fault" is way out there. its a little different in college football. what a coach does one season can literally linger over to the next 2 years. the same thing can also happen in the NFL, but its alot less likely to due to drafting, trading, etc.

and i keep asking you to give me specifics on how his fingerprints are all over it. the bottom line is Cameron and the front office decided to bench/trade players from a previous regime, which i guess it not all that uncommon. and my point is perhaps they made a mistake in trading some of those people. hindsight is 20/20 i suppose. i'm sure there are some things CNS is responsible for messing up, but to say "this whole thing is CNS' fault" is way out there. its a little different in college football. what a coach does one season can literally linger over to the next 2 years. the same thing can also happen in the NFL, but its alot less likely to due to drafting, trading, etc.

Its like talking to a d@mn rock with you guys sometimes.

IF you are going to claim that your 7-6 season this year is due to Shula, you can't deny that the dolphins are bad due to Saban.

If you are going to claim that LSU is good due to Saban's legacy, then you have to accept that Saban left the Dolphins in a rut.

They are still trying to replace Marino. Saban's two biggest mistakes were counting on Ricky Williams to stay in the league and signing Culpepper over Brees. Cameron made idiotic personnel moves drafting Ginn when they had tons of other needs, signing Trent Green, not getting some younger players on D. The whole francise is f'ed up. That's why they brought in the Tuna. No NFL coach should also be GM, even Holmgren couldn't do it. :puke:

I think you are stretching the issue more than anyone.

CNS left Miami worse off than he got it. It wasn't in great shape or he wouldn't have been sought out to coach them.

When he got messed over with the Culpepper issue he didn't trade him away before trade deadlines expired. Bad move.

Devon Aromashadu (totally butchered that) was let go from the practice team by Sabans staff and he is now an active participant on the Indianapolis Colts. He isn't 1st string yet, but a far cry from a practice team cut.

Saban didn't do anything to remedy things and actually did more harm to an already unstable and improvment starved team. Then he ran from the Dolphins when he realized he was making things worse and he wasn't going to get it fixed in a year.

No one says the entirety of the Miami teams problems are Sabans, but he sure as heck didn't fix things and he did damage. Not making sure Donte Culpepper finished his rehab before starting practice was a huge error.

Saban left things worse than when he arrived. SO did Cam Cameron. We aren't pointing out the mess Cam Cameron made, we are pointing out the Mess Saban left for Cam Cameron.

Hopefully in a few years Parcells will get things worked out.

Again, defending Saban and saying he didn't mess up at Miami is serious bammer logic at its finest. Admitting Saban left a mess and Cam Cameron took a mess and made it a joke is fine.

Yeah, Saban didn't do a very good job at Miami, but you can't blame the Brees/Culpepper thing on him. EVERYONE was told that Drew was going to have a hard time coming back from that injury, so he went with Culpepper. Those things happen in the NFL with injuries. Some come back sooner than others, no matter how much more severe their damage is.

Yes, but he did control how and when Culpepper played and said QB stopped his Physical therapy early to attend spring practice.

Saban never caught that. Its your job to make sure your players are 100% healthy before they set foot onto the field and he failed.

He took what was an error by doctors and turned it into a serious coaching error.

Archived