Your thoughts on the recruits?

Tiger Vision

minus Tristan Davis ofcourse, what are your thoughts on the rest of these guys? ?

1. Enrique Davis - RB, 5 star recruit

2. Raven Gray - DE, 5 star recruit

3. T'Sharvan Bell - ATH, 4 star recruit

4. Charles Deas - DT, 4 star recruit

5. Jarmon Fortson - ATH, 4 star recruit

6. Deron Furr - ATH, 4 star recruit

7. Cameron Henderson - DE, 4 star recruit

8. Jermaine Johnson - OL, 4 star recruit

9. Chris Todd - QB, 3 star recruit

10. Barrett Trotter - QB, 3 star recruit

11. Darvin Adams - WR, 3 star recruit

12. Harry Adams - WR, 3 star recruit

13. Damion Allen - WR, 3 star recruit

14. George Baker - ATH, 3 star recruit

15. Marcus Jemison - ATH, 3 star recruit

16. Drew Cole - DB, 3 star recruit

17. D'Antoine Hood - DB, 3 star recruit

18. Reggie Hunt - RB, 3 star recruit

19. Vance Smith - TE, 3 star recruit

I found this list that some guy posted on facebook in the Auburn Application

minus Tristan Davis ofcourse, what are your thoughts on the rest of these guys? ?

1. Enrique Davis - RB, 5 star recruit

2. Raven Gray - DE, 5 star recruit

3. T'Sharvan Bell - ATH, 4 star recruit

4. Charles Deas - DT, 4 star recruit

5. Jarmon Fortson - ATH, 4 star recruit

6. Deron Furr - ATH, 4 star recruit

7. Cameron Henderson - DE, 4 star recruit

8. Jermaine Johnson - OL, 4 star recruit

9. Chris Todd - QB, 3 star recruit

10. Barrett Trotter - QB, 3 star recruit

11. Darvin Adams - WR, 3 star recruit

12. Harry Adams - WR, 3 star recruit

13. Damion Allen - WR, 3 star recruit

14. George Baker - ATH, 3 star recruit

15. Marcus Jemison - ATH, 3 star recruit

16. Drew Cole - DB, 3 star recruit

17. D'Antoine Hood - DB, 3 star recruit

18. Reggie Hunt - RB, 3 star recruit

19. Vance Smith - TE, 3 star recruit

I found this list that some guy posted on facebook in the Auburn Application

My guess is he meant to write Enrique, not Tristan

I really know zilch about recruiting. But sometimes I get the right feeling about a lot of guys. So here is my crack at it:

1. Enrique Davis - RB, 5 star recruit : Going to be tough to get him in that rotation anytime soon. I really have no clue what to expect. He'll probably end up being a good backup for a few years and end up a lot like Brad Lester.

2. Raven Gray - DE, 5 star recruit : Like his name as a DE... probably end up like a Reggie Torbor. Again, going to be tough to get him in the rotation.

3. T'Sharvan Bell - ATH, 4 star recruit - Like his name as a Safety. We are going to need his help. He'll be good in two years.

4. Charles Deas - DT, 4 star recruit - I see this kid falling in the depth chart for a few years and then ends up like Pat Sims.

5. Jarmon Fortson - ATH, 4 star recruit - I see him getting lost in the shuffle.

6. Deron Furr - ATH, 4 star recruit - I don't see him getting the opportunity to play QB anytime soon. Unless he doesn't mind sitting out for a while and redshirting. He'll get his chance in three years when he is a junior. Could see him playing at a different position, such as slot in the meantime.

7. Cameron Henderson - DE, 4 star recruit - He'll be a good one

8. Jermaine Johnson - OL, 4 star recruit - I think he redshirts and starts as a RS Fr. Leaves for the NFL early

9. Chris Todd - QB, 3 star recruit - Enjoys playing the backup roll for his brief time at Auburn. Ends up transferring to some AA school like Valdosta State

10. Barrett Trotter - QB, 3 star recruit - Never sees the field beyond 3rd string in his latter years. We have too many QBs. I would think he would transfer to a school like Troy.

11. Darvin Adams - WR, 3 star recruit - The future Trendon Holliday of our own? We don't take advantage of his speed until like his junior year and everyone will wonder why

12. Harry Adams - WR, 3 star recruit - Will not be on an Auburn football field in the next couple of years, but makes a slow impact in a few years.

13. Damion Allen - WR, 3 star recruit - the next Ben Obomanu - consistent and will make plays. Just not the Go-to-Guy. I just hope he doesn't drop the game winning pass against Ole Miss.

14. George Baker - ATH, 3 star recruit - he ends up as a backup in the secondary

15. Marcus Jemison - ATH, 3 star recruit - I really don't know. Where is he going to play? Receiver? Linebacker? I see him as a linebacker with his build, especially since we are so depleted. He'll make a difference.

16. Drew Cole - DB, 3 star recruit - the next Will Herring. Hard worker, probably gets burned on a play here and there. But will be better than perceived.

17. D'Antoine Hood - DB, 3 star recruit - will make a few plays and given a good chance. IMO, he will get beat out by someone else.

18. Reggie Hunt - RB, 3 star recruit - Gets lost in the depth chart and transfers to the likes of a Purdue

19. Vance Smith - TE, 3 star recruit - plays TE, but doesn't make an impact with Tony Franklin's offense.

Lets add in Christian Thompson - he is my surprise to be a STUD at Auburn at the CB position.

Onterrio McCallebb ends up at Receiver and ends up being a go-to-guy. I see him being like a Terrell Owens type of player.

*BTW, should be clear, I have no idea. These are just mere predictions from a fan who doesn't do much research because players change a lot when they get to college.

I find it interesting that you're calling for Darvin Adams to be "our Trindon Holliday," but you expect little contribution from Harry Adams. Harry is the guy that will be the fastest player in an Auburn uniform next year and might be the fastest guy in the SEC.

For the record, the guys I think could get PT next year are:

Fortson, H. Adams, and possibly another receiver – we're going to be looking for players at receiver since this offense uses 8-10 guys at that spot; the only reason I don't know if these guys are locks to play is because our backs are going to get a lot of time at receiver as well (Fannin and Lester in particular)

Gray and Deas – we need at least one more in the rotation at tackle (we almost always use 5). If we move Sen'Derrick inside to give us a solid four (with one new guy as the fifth), we'll need Gray to step up on the strongside.

Jemison, Bell, or Thompson – all three guys are safeties (at least to start) and we're going to need at least one newcomer in the safety rotation (only three safeties on scholarship right now: Etheridge, McNeil, and Savage)... my bet is actually Jemison

Jermaine Johnson and Chris Todd – rotation guys, but I don't expect either to start

The only other spot we're open for business is corner. We knew Powers and McFadden are the top two right now with Ryan Williams the likely three. That leaves Slade and the new kids to fill out the rotation.

What makes you think Fortson will get lost in the shuffle? He's a play maker with great size, something we dont have at reciever. Also, Enrique Davis will be our fastest back and also has really good size. I think it will be hard to keep him off the field. (especially with Fannin moving to slot reciever) I could also see Reggie Hunt getting PT as a situational back after a redshirt year. He's extremely quick and dangerous in the open field, perfect for our new offense.

Onterrio McCallebb ends up at Receiver and ends up being a go-to-guy. I see him being like a Terrell Owens type of player.

I know you said you don't follow recruiting very closely, but just to let you know, McCalebb is 5'10'' 155. I don't think he will become Terrell Owens anytime soon.

I really know zilch about recruiting. But sometimes I get the right feeling about a lot of guys. So here is my crack at it:

1. Enrique Davis - RB, 5 star recruit : Going to be tough to get him in that rotation anytime soon. I really have no clue what to expect. He'll probably end up being a good backup for a few years and end up a lot like Brad Lester.

2. Raven Gray - DE, 5 star recruit : Like his name as a DE... probably end up like a Reggie Torbor. Again, going to be tough to get him in the rotation.

3. T'Sharvan Bell - ATH, 4 star recruit - Like his name as a Safety. We are going to need his help. He'll be good in two years.

4. Charles Deas - DT, 4 star recruit - I see this kid falling in the depth chart for a few years and then ends up like Pat Sims.

5. Jarmon Fortson - ATH, 4 star recruit - I see him getting lost in the shuffle.

6. Deron Furr - ATH, 4 star recruit - I don't see him getting the opportunity to play QB anytime soon. Unless he doesn't mind sitting out for a while and redshirting. He'll get his chance in three years when he is a junior. Could see him playing at a different position, such as slot in the meantime.

8. Jermaine Johnson - OL, 4 star recruit - I think he redshirts and starts as a RS Fr. Leaves for the NFL early

9. Chris Todd - QB, 3 star recruit - Enjoys playing the backup roll for his brief time at Auburn. Ends up transferring to some AA school like Valdosta State

10. Barrett Trotter - QB, 3 star recruit - Never sees the field beyond 3rd string in his latter years. We have too many QBs. I would think he would transfer to a school like Troy.

11. Darvin Adams - WR, 3 star recruit - The future Trendon Holliday of our own? We don't take advantage of his speed until like his junior year and everyone will wonder why

12. Harry Adams - WR, 3 star recruit - Will not be on an Auburn football field in the next couple of years, but makes a slow impact in a few years.

13. Damion Allen - WR, 3 star recruit - the next Ben Obomanu - consistent and will make plays. Just not the Go-to-Guy. I just hope he doesn't drop the game winning pass against Ole Miss.

14. George Baker - ATH, 3 star recruit - he ends up as a backup in the secondary

15. Marcus Jemison - ATH, 3 star recruit - I really don't know. Where is he going to play? Receiver? Linebacker? I see him as a linebacker with his build, especially since we are so depleted. He'll make a difference.

16. Drew Cole - DB, 3 star recruit - the next Will Herring. Hard worker, probably gets burned on a play here and there. But will be better than perceived.

17. D'Antoine Hood - DB, 3 star recruit - will make a few plays and given a good chance. IMO, he will get beat out by someone else.

18. Reggie Hunt - RB, 3 star recruit - Gets lost in the depth chart and transfers to the likes of a Purdue

19. Vance Smith - TE, 3 star recruit - plays TE, but doesn't make an impact with Tony Franklin's offense.

Lets add in Christian Thompson - he is my surprise to be a STUD at Auburn at the CB position.

*BTW, should be clear, I have no idea. These are just mere predictions from a fan who doesn't do much research because players change a lot when they get to college.

No offense, but this post is terrible...on several accounts.

Dangit - I keep getting Darvin and Harry Adams mixed up. I think it is because Darvin is the one with all the hair and I thus think hair = Harry

I don't know. His post had his opinions on potential recruits that could very well end up being correct. They could end up being incorrect. They could, in fact, be opinions that are so opposite of what actually happens to these recruits that he's never allowed to think about recruiting again.

Your post, on the other hand, said nothing. It called someone's post terrible...on several accounts. No reasoning. No explanation. Nothing to do with the original post. So, if I must say, there's only one post on this topic that is terrible, and it ain't PC's for once.

My thoughts on these recruits:

Every season we get a new slew of recruits that do the same thing. Those with high expectations exceed their expectation, and those with high expectations disappoint. Then there are those in the middle of the pack who stay in the middle of the pack, and finally there are those that rise above their high school abilities. This class won't be any different. It's hard to pinpoint which ones will do what. College life is very different; I don't mean academics. Academics are tough, but the distraction of being a celebrity on campus is tough to deal with especially when an old man is screaming in your ear to run sprints and left weights.

I've personally met a lot of these recruits. None of them impressed me more than Harry Adams. He was a dork about Auburn football. During the Tiger Walk before the Iron Bowl, he screamed, "this is awesome!" He sounded like a little kid at a Chuck-E-Cheese. To me, that screams potential. The guy is truly excited about playing football at Auburn. With his ability, I have no reason to believe he isn't going to blossom into a big time player for the Auburn Tigers.

One that I'm concerned with just so happens to be Jarmon Fortson. The guy is HUGE. He also has a lot of athletic skill, as we all have seen on Rivals, Youtube, etc. What I'm concerned with is what position he will play. If he doesn't have the speed of an SEC wide receiver, I don't think he'll excel in his college career. I personally thought "linebacker" when I first saw him. He looks just like a linebacker. I trust Tuberville and crew to put him at the best position; I just don't know how the kid will react if he's not playing the position he wants to play. It's not really a concern of mine. I guess it's just more of a thought.

Everyone else, who knows? Let's just hope they get into school and fall in love with Tuberville's philosophy. If that happens, they'll all be great in my book.

I don't know. His post had his opinions on potential recruits that could very well end up being correct. They could end up being incorrect. They could, in fact, be opinions that are so opposite of what actually happens to these recruits that he's never allowed to think about recruiting again.

Your post, on the other hand, said nothing. It called someone's post terrible...on several accounts. No reasoning. No explanation. Nothing to do with the original post. So, if I must say, there's only one post on this topic that is terrible, and it ain't PC's for once.

My thoughts on these recruits:

Every season we get a new slew of recruits that do the same thing. Those with high expectations exceed their expectation, and those with high expectations disappoint. Then there are those in the middle of the pack who stay in the middle of the pack, and finally there are those that rise above their high school abilities. This class won't be any different. It's hard to pinpoint which ones will do what. College life is very different; I don't mean academics. Academics are tough, but the distraction of being a celebrity on campus is tough to deal with especially when an old man is screaming in your ear to run sprints and left weights.

I've personally met a lot of these recruits. None of them impressed me more than Harry Adams. He was a dork about Auburn football. During the Tiger Walk before the Iron Bowl, he screamed, "this is awesome!" He sounded like a little kid at a Chuck-E-Cheese. To me, that screams potential. The guy is truly excited about playing football at Auburn. With his ability, I have no reason to believe he isn't going to blossom into a big time player for the Auburn Tigers.

One that I'm concerned with just so happens to be Jarmon Fortson. The guy is HUGE. He also has a lot of athletic skill, as we all have seen on Rivals, Youtube, etc. What I'm concerned with is what position he will play. If he doesn't have the speed of an SEC wide receiver, I don't think he'll excel in his college career. I personally thought "linebacker" when I first saw him. He looks just like a linebacker. I trust Tuberville and crew to put him at the best position; I just don't know how the kid will react if he's not playing the position he wants to play. It's not really a concern of mine. I guess it's just more of a thought.

Everyone else, who knows? Let's just hope they get into school and fall in love with Tuberville's philosophy. If that happens, they'll all be great in my book.

Maybe we could make Fortson into a Karlos Dansby type project.

Archived